No Need For Mutations, Mitochondrial Stress Alone Can Trigger Cancer

tomisonbottom

As Ray said, the official story on cancer and many other conditions thought to be genetic is slowly changing. The powers that be won't admit overnight that genetics has little (if anything) to do with cancer, but the evidence for metabolic dysfunction as a cause of cancer is slowly building up. Last year, I posted a seminal study claiming that the Warburg "effect" is not just an effect but a driver and cause of cancer development. Now, this study adds to the evidence that cellular stress, especially in the mitochondria, is sufficient to cause and drive cancer progression.

Mitochondrial stress-induced p53 attenuates HIF-1α activity by physical association and enhanced ubiquitination
http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-07-team-mitochondrial-stress-cancer-related-metabolic.html

"...Yet new findings from University of Pennsylvania researchers suggest that such efforts might have missed a key pathway that enables the changes in metabolism that benefit tumors. Their work finds that mitochondrial stress alone can trigger metabolic shifts through a pathway that involves p53, a protein widely known to play multiple important roles in cancer."

"...Further investigation revealed that p53 reduced HIF-1α levels in the nucleus and the cytoplasm of cells and that genes responsive to HIF-1α were blunted when mitochondrial DNA was depleted. Notably, they found that the expression of several genes involved with glycolysis, a metabolic process by which cells break down sugar to make energy, jumped dramatically in cells in which mtDNA was depleted. Some of these were the same genes that HIF-1α normally regulates, pointing to mitochondrial stress as a similar but completely separate pathway by which a metabolic shift can occur in cancer cells."

I just came across this article > Cancer as a mitochondrial metabolic disease:
Cancer as a mitochondrial metabolic disease

Genes, Respiration, Viruses, and Cancer - Cancer as a Metabolic Disease: On the Origin, Management and Prevention of Cancer - Seyfried - Wiley Online Library

Tried searching the forum and didn't see it posted yet, so thought I'd add it to the thread.
Lots of great references to other works he's done at the bottom too.

It is, especially for kids when their jaws are growing and they're learning how to position their tongue (which when your mouth is closed, should be resting against the ceiling of your mouth).

I was in a third world country recently. In the city, almost everyone had overcrowding, teeth that were't straight, faces that were narrow with long or hooked noses (the tel tale sign of a collapsed maxilla). Look at the below image: the bone behind and to the sides of the nose (the maxilla) does't grow forward but downwards and backwards, which pulls the nose downwards and backwards. This stops the bottom jaw growing forward. All this is, surprisingly, controlled by the teeth which are controlled by the tongue and chewing. The white outline is how his face should have looked had it grown properly.
View attachment 3237

In the villages however, I saw perfectly straight teeth, wide faces, short and straight noses.

View attachment 3238

No one can achieve the broad and well developed faces of our ancestors without chewing and resting the tongue against the ceiling of the mouth. From the ages between 2-10 years, having only OJ and Milk would literally make a child uglier because of poor jaw development. A liquid diet wouldn't be bad in adulthood when the jaws have set providing one learns how to rest their tongue on the roof of their mouth and chews something hard periodically.

(@haidut) Anyone who has kids, make sure to feed them tough cuts of meat!
lol, I used a pacifier for a long time as a baby (chewing on it, mostly) and it messed up my entire mouth. Needed a decade of braces to fix.

rei

Yes, daily hard-chewing is ideal. Kids going through weaning should be introduced to relatively hard foods like apples, carrots and meats as soon as possible. You seem to be doing the right things.

Jaw development is both hormonal and mechanical. The derangement of jaws however, that's so prevalent in modern society, which is what I'm talking about in this thread, is caused largely by the mechanical side and little if any by the hormonal side. Visit Africa, have a look at all the starving children who lack nutrients to make their Peaty hormones and note their strikingly straight teeth and developed jaws.

At the expense of being too graphic:
View attachment 3241

What is your argument? I was under the impression that malnutrition is what leads to the underdevelopment of the jaw/teeth, specifically vitamin K2, A, D. And this leads to the paradoxical situation that people that live more primitively and grow/forage their own foods get more nutrient rich food, and people that live in the cities get the processed crap and develop poorly.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

Mike Mew agrees it's lack of tongue posture, mouth breathing from allergies that causes melting faces. The fat solubles definitely help teeth though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals