no libido - losing my mind

frustrated

22, male, did meat and fruit style paleo several years prior.

My diet:
- 2 quarts oj
- 3 quarts of milk
- cheese
- cup of bone broth
- carrot salad and bamboo shoots daily.
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg shells
- vitamin d 5000ui
- k2 5mg
- 325mg aspirin

labs:

tsh - 2.2 -> 1.1 -> 0.8
prolactin - was 18 at one point but after tweaking my diet it is now 7.

what is the next logical step? bromo? minocylcline? thanks

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Not sure if this has anything to do with it but seems like a lot of liquid. I am doing 2 quarts milk, and 1 quart OJ and to me that is a lot of liquid. Especially when you throw in broth and a coke.

OP
F

frustrated

kiran said:
Have you checked your serotonin levels?

No because it's a very expensive test here. I wouldn't be surprised if it was high tho.

OP
F

frustrated

Charlie said:
Not sure if this has anything to do with it but seems like a lot of liquid. I am doing 2 quarts milk, and 1 quart OJ and to me that is a lot of liquid. Especially when you throw in broth and a coke.

I tried just eating cheese for protein and dried fruit for carbs. Didn't seem to have any effect :S

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yeh, would definitely need more salt with all that liquid.

Ray-Z

Also, do you get enough sunlight?

If you used to get a lot of PUFA, have you tried coconut oil and vitamin E?

Ray-Z

I don't see liver or shellfish in your list. Are you getting enough vitamin A and minerals?

OP
F

frustrated

Ray-Z said:
frustrated: How much salt are you getting?

About two teaspoons (not including the salt in broth and cheese). I just eat it straight

OP
F

frustrated

Ray-Z said:
Also, do you get enough sunlight?

If you used to get a lot of PUFA, have you tried coconut oil and vitamin E?

- Sun bathe every day
- I did a nut free paleo diet before I did this so I am quite low in pufa. I've been doing Peat for a while now
- I forgot to mention I take about a tablespoon of coconut oil per day
- Liver I eat once per week
- Shell fish I eat very rarely if ever.

kettlebell

I only noticed a result from salt when I really ramped up my salt. I mean 2-3 tablespoons a day on some days. Like you, I drink a LOT of fluid calories.

It might be worth eating liver twice a week instead of once. Is that something you would consider?

Oysters/shellfish are very important for minerals, especially Zinc and copper. You can get some of those minerals by using high cocoa chocolate (Has lots of magnesium as an added bonus) - Always eat with sugar/OJ/coffee with sugar etc.

Its really important to get the seafood in really, especially for low libido. Otherwise, although not ideal a zinc/copper supplement with as few exipients in as possible might be in order.

Are you getting enough calories a day?

sctb

frustrated said:
I've been doing Peat for a while now

Hi,

I'm probably not able to make any recommendations, but how long is "a while now"?
How was your libido on nut-free Paleo? Was that low-carb?

Best of luck,

- Scott

jyb

kettlebell said:
I only noticed a result from salt when I really ramped up my salt. I mean 2-3 tablespoons a day on some days. Like you, I drink a LOT of fluid calories.

It might be worth eating liver twice a week instead of once. Is that something you would consider?

Oysters/shellfish are very important for minerals, especially Zinc and copper. You can get some of those minerals by using high cocoa chocolate (Has lots of magnesium as an added bonus) - Always eat with sugar/OJ/coffee with sugar etc.

Its really important to get the seafood in really, especially for low libido. Otherwise, although not ideal a zinc/copper supplement with as few exipients in as possible might be in order.

I'm also interested by that remark on salt. I've tested 1 or 2 teaspoon of salt per day, but you're talking about the same or more number of *tablespoon* so that's significantly more. I will try that...

kettlebell

Ray has spoken about salt in many of his interviews and has said that magnesium, potassium and salt can be interchanged with each other to make up the shortfall of the others - They all have "Common ground" functions. Salt is an easy one to supplement with, hence its importance.

OP
F

frustrated

kettlebell said:

Thanks.

but how on earth are you eating 3 tbsp of salt perday????

kettlebell

Quite easily actually! Every hour I put a small amount in my hand and then straight into my mouth then swallow after salivated for 30 or so seconds. Got used to it in a day and has no adverse effect. In addition to that its in my foods in large amounts too.

Ingenol

How was your libido prior to Peat-eating? Did you have problems on Paleo that just haven't gone away on Peat, or are these novel issues?

OP
F

frustrated

Ingenol said:
How was your libido prior to Peat-eating? Did you have problems on Paleo that just haven't gone away on Peat, or are these novel issues?

It was a lot better than this. I have been doing peat eating for two years and I had a lot of problems go away, thats why I'm confused about why my libido is in the toilet.

narouz

frustrated said:
Ray-Z said:
frustrated: How much salt are you getting?

About two teaspoons (not including the salt in broth and cheese). I just eat it straight

frustrated-
I believe one of our most Peat-knowledgeable posters here said she got like 3 TABLEspoons per day. :shock:
So with the liquid proportion...maybe you need to be more in that territory. :roll:

Generally though, I think the answer may simply be patience.
Sounds like you ate your share of PUFA like most of us,
and Peat says that can take up to 4 years to evacuate.
But you are young, so that bodes well.
I guess you're taking thyroid supplements? (Sorry if you said so and I missed that.)
How about your pulse and temps?
That might tell us something.
The poster who noted seafood--like oysters...that's a good idea:
zinc, copper, selenium...very sex hormone related.