no libido - losing my mind

Yves

Well, ideally it remains a spike that reverts back to normal. Peat talks about negative processes sometimes begetting negative process, so In theory if you're messed up you might not recover from the spike. From personal experience, before correcting diet and hormones, I was a mess. Now it doesn't affect me that much.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11835982

I should also mention that bromo and caber for me jack up sex drive and ameliorate any "hangover" from orgasim (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14656205).

OP
F

frustrated

Yves said:
Well, ideally it remains a spike that reverts back to normal. Peat talks about negative processes sometimes begetting negative process, so In theory if you're messed up you might not recover from the spike. From personal experience, before correcting diet and hormones, I was a mess. Now it doesn't affect me that much.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11835982

I should also mention that bromo and caber for me jack up sex drive and ameliorate any "hangover" from orgasim (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14656205).

Cool stuff.

Would love to try caber or bromo but It would be hard to get a hold of without actually having a prolactinoma.

Lofihi

I keep seeing studies about oxytocin and dhea sulfate... Saying dhea controls drive and.desire ,but the actual sensation or.feeling ,ability to release sexual tension and anxiety is dependent on the hormone oxytocin... I havent tried this hormone yet... It come in regular form,and homeopathic. I recently started experimenting with mucuna at bedtime and n acetyl tyrosine, noticing major libido changes in the morning

OP
F

frustrated

thanks nwo^^

Recently I have been waking up with a racing heart 30-40minutes after I fall asleep :eek:

Blood sugar falls at night, and the body relies on the glucose stored in the liver as glycogen for energy, and hypothyroid people store very little sugar. As a result, adrenalin and cortisol begin to rise almost as soon as a person goes to bed, and in hypothyroid people, they rise very high, with the adrenalin usually peaking around 1 or 2 A.M., and the cortisol peaking around dawn; the high cortisol raises blood sugar as morning approaches, and allows adrenalin to decline. Some people wake up during the adrenalin peak with a pounding heart, and have trouble getting back to sleep unless they eat something.

Odd. I have a lot of fructose just before I go to bed :|

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 7.33.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 7.33.51 PM.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 41

nwo2012

frustrated said:
thanks nwo^^

Recently I have been waking up with a racing heart 30-40minutes after I fall asleep :eek:

Blood sugar falls at night, and the body relies on the glucose stored in the liver as glycogen for energy, and hypothyroid people store very little sugar. As a result, adrenalin and cortisol begin to rise almost as soon as a person goes to bed, and in hypothyroid people, they rise very high, with the adrenalin usually peaking around 1 or 2 A.M., and the cortisol peaking around dawn; the high cortisol raises blood sugar as morning approaches, and allows adrenalin to decline. Some people wake up during the adrenalin peak with a pounding heart, and have trouble getting back to sleep unless they eat something.

Welcome.
RP ice cream before bed .

OP
F

frustrated

nwo2012 said:
frustrated said:
thanks nwo^^

Welcome.

Do dates and milk not work??? I said I had plenty of fructose before sleeping :?

nwo2012

frustrated said:
nwo2012 said:
frustrated said:
thanks nwo^^

Welcome.

Do dates and milk not work??? I said I had plenty of fructose before sleeping :?

Well add a tablespoon of refined coconut oil then and should be good. The saturated fat is important there in addition to the fructose.

Mittir

3 quarts of milk and 2 quarts of oj = 1800+800=2600 cal. It is possible that you are consuming more calories than you need.
Ray peat once mentioned that Excess sugar can increase your Triglycerides and cholesterol. I have noticed when my trig and cholesterol are too high, my libido goes down . OJ and sugar increases my triglyceride way above normal. I had to cut down my sugar intake . You can check your triglyceride and cholesterol to be sure if you are consuming excess calories.

J

j.

What are high trig and cholesterol numbers? Are mainstream medicine ranges correct on this?

Mittir

j. said:
What are high trig and cholesterol numbers? Are mainstream medicine ranges correct on this?

My cholesterol was 240 and trig was around 500 for a while. Ray peat mentioned that cholesterol above 200 is protective (conventional medicine targets for a level below 200) and he also quoted "Framingham study" that showed older people have better health if their cholesterol is around 250. About triglyceride RP mentioned that higher trig is not a problem, it simply means one is eating more calories than one needs. I lowered my triglyceride and cholesterol by decreasing sugar intake, But i still eat a good amount of of sugar ,around 150 grams from OJ and sucrose.

kev1

Hi, I'm new here, and came up with a few ideas.

These are some things I would try out:
-> Do you eat any meat? I would start adding beef and lamb. (zinc and others)
-> If that doesn't work, I would try adding beef or lamb liver. (copper, b12, vitamin a)
-> Maybe it's something in the egg shells? I would stop consuming them for a couple of weeks.
-> Have you tried drinking less?

I believe that your problem comes from your diet. I would start making it more nutritious by adding meats and organ meats. Maybe also some fruits, not just OJ. (cherries, pear, bananas etc.)
You said that you didn't masturbate for months? This is clearly not normal when you used to masturbate frequently before.
To me, it's clearly pathological. There is either something missing or something causing the problem.

dietf***ed

Just an FYI that Yohimbine hcl can potentially be helpful for libido. However the stuff is like rocket fuel - take even a little too much and you'll have a headache, nausea and pounding heart :)

Tribulus is a generally better tolerated supplement.

OP
F

frustrated

Mittir said:
3 quarts of milk and 2 quarts of oj = 1800+800=2600 cal. It is possible that you are consuming more calories than you need.
Ray peat once mentioned that Excess sugar can increase your Triglycerides and cholesterol. I have noticed when my trig and cholesterol are too high, my libido goes down . OJ and sugar increases my triglyceride way above normal. I had to cut down my sugar intake . You can check your triglyceride and cholesterol to be sure if you are consuming excess calories.

I've fixed my problems, but thanks for this. However, I don't see why this is happening to you. Are you eating sugar to the point where you're putting on fat?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals