No Issues With Bread But Seitan Is Causing Problems

CDT

So I've never had any issues with any other wheat products, but I've tried out some seitan products (the ones you can purchase at Whole Foods) and always have some digestive issues a few hours following. In this indicative of a wheat intolerance, and should I be concerned of low grade inflammation caused by bread?

tara

So I've never had any issues with any other wheat products, but I've tried out some seitan products (the ones you can purchase at Whole Foods) and always have some digestive issues a few hours following. In this indicative of a wheat intolerance, and should I be concerned of low grade inflammation caused by bread?
I think seitan is refined gluten. Gluten can be hard on some people's guts.
If I were in your shoes, I'd probably minimise seitan, and not rely on wheat as a major daily staple.
I guess you could get tested for celiac disease if you want to be cautious - a positive would make it clear that it's best to stay away from wheat and other gluten grains. A negative wouldn't prov that it is great food for you. Maybe depends if you have any health concerns you're trying to solve that this could be a clue to?

Goat-e

seitan = satan

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals