No food is safe for me

rei

forget your parasitosis delusion, it is making you stressed and stressed people react incorrectly. Just try to find an elimination diet that works, and if it does not then just ******* fast until your body wants some nutrition

animalcule

What makes you think it is related to pathogens in your intestine?
I got health coaching from a guy on this forum. He reccommended me to do the following

"I. Practice the Wim Hof breathing method every day

II. Buy Lugol's iodine (Amazon, iHerb, wherever you'd like, but it has to be Lugol's): take half a dropper in water or juice on empty stomach 15 min before breakfast + half a dropper on an empty stomach 15min before dinner.
What this will do is kill most pathogens in the upper section of your digestive tract and make up for your iodine deficiency. Trust me, everyone is deficient.

III. Buy Thorne's Basic B complex off iHerb and start taking it everyday. The Bs are crucial to the energy production pathway, and no one can have enough nowadays, I don't care what your diet is.

IV. Limit starch and fiber to a bare minimum. Rice, pasta, potatoes, bread, wheat.
Replace with cheese, meat, yoghurt, honey, concentrated milk, even gummy bears.

V. At the end of the 7 days, do a liver flush:
a) wake up, don't eat anything during the day, just fat free liquids
b) 10pm drink 125ml olive oil + 125 freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
c) go immediately to bed lying on your right side
d) as soon as you wake up the next morning drink a tablespoon Epsom salts in a bit of water.

The liver flush is VERY, VERY important to flush the dead parasites killed with iodine from your liver and your gut."

I followed it and i felt really great, the only problem is my liver flush failed since I vomited. I tried it again 2 times but no green balls came in my stool which means it didnt work. Therefore my assumption is that dead parasites are still in my liver and gut. Before starting this i could tolerate many foods and felt okay, only suffered with low mood and ED/libido problems. Now I feel like I am going manic and I cant eat anything, not even fruit. Why else would I be having such bad reactions to things I could tolerate only weeks ago?
So ... you were feeling okay before this "health coaching" except for low mood and ED/libido problems. Then you followed his protocol that involved strict food elimination (including eliminating starch and fiber, which are what bacteria feed on in your gut, so you essentially changed your gut microbiome by starving some strains that were dominant before and feeding others that previously weren't being fed as much based on your diet comp...), and also involved a "liver flush" using olive oil, grape juice, and epsom salt -- which caused you to vomit. But you still tried it two more times ...

And despite that fact that you feel like sh*t and you can't digest hardly anything now, you still believe what this "health coach" told you? Despite the protocol compromising your digestion, you still think this guy has got the answers? You're convinced that your problems *must* be due to parasites/pathogens (which you never had such problems with before the protocol) because that's what he told you?

You don't have parasites.

You should not continue to do "liver flushes."

You should not continue to do elimination diets.

You were misled by this health coach. Time to get off that train.

OP
vetbusd

vetbusd

So ... you were feeling okay before this "health coaching" except for low mood and ED/libido problems. Then you followed his protocol that involved strict food elimination (including eliminating starch and fiber, which are what bacteria feed on in your gut, so you essentially changed your gut microbiome by starving some strains that were dominant before and feeding others that previously weren't being fed as much based on your diet comp...), and also involved a "liver flush" using olive oil, grape juice, and epsom salt -- which caused you to vomit. But you still tried it two more times ...

And despite that fact that you feel like sh*t and you can't digest hardly anything now, you still believe what this "health coach" told you? Despite the protocol compromising your digestion, you still think this guy has got the answers? You're convinced that your problems *must* be due to parasites/pathogens (which you never had such problems with before the protocol) because that's what he told you?

You don't have parasites.

You should not continue to do "liver flushes."

You should not continue to do elimination diets.

You were misled by this health coach. Time to get off that train.
Yeah man, If you say it like that I do sound retarded. The truth is that its my fault, not the guy coaching me (he is actually a well respected user on this site, but I wont mention his name for obvious reasons). Everything he told me was right, and I felt great until i failed the liver cleanse. He said in bold the liver flush is very,very important; what can i expect when I fail it?

The only issue is that I have no idea what to do now since he is MIA but I have faith he will respond and tell me how to heal. Also he didnt tell me that I have parasites, its just my assumption. well... without hope I have nothing.

ursidae

I’ve been in your situation with no safe food and my skin was even worse looking+left scars.

do you actually have a problem with starch or is other people’s claims the reason you avoid it?

if you try starch, tubers are best.

you must add antiseptic spices to them. cinnamon, ginger, parsley, salt, coriander etc. If you’re gonna do the grated carrot add coconut oil and peppermint oil.

tudca/ox bile are great

Last edited:

animalcule

Yeah man, If you say it like that I do sound retarded. The truth is that its my fault, not the guy coaching me (he is actually a well respected user on this site, but I wont mention his name for obvious reasons). Everything he told me was right, and I felt great until i failed the liver cleanse. He said in bold the liver flush is very,very important; what can i expect when I fail it?

The only issue is that I have no idea what to do now since he is MIA but I have faith he will respond and tell me how to heal. Also he didnt tell me that I have parasites, its just my assumption. well... without hope I have nothing.
There are many "well respected" users on this forum who I would stay far away from. It can be unwise to put your faith into health coaches, no matter how well known and respected they are. They're usually wrong.

I joined this forum after I quit the carnivore diet, partly because it was a video by Danny Roddy explaining why he quit the diet that introduced me to Ray Peat. Now, I hang around here for interesting studies and stories that are sometimes posted. Now and then I comment. But I don't really put any stake in the majority of the health advice that is dispensed by users on this forum, especially when it involves elimination diets, removing starch, parasite cleanses, etc. It's almost always wrong, and being afraid of foods and constantly monitoring your body for signs of reactions is no way to live. And worse: they harm the user. You, case in point.

It looks like you are a relatively new user on this site. I've been here a couple of years and lurked before then, too. I've seen the same users post about new things they're doing, new symptoms they are having, what foods they're removing, what supplement stack they are using, new negative reactions, new plan ... It's endless. People get in this diet-cure loop and they never get out of it. I'll include myself in that group, though I am almost out of it, thankfully. Point is: it doesn't matter what someone on here claims is the solution. Because in a few months, they'll probably claim something ELSE is the solution. In a year, it could be totally different. The health coaches in particular are especially loathe to ever admit that their protocols fail, even though in a few years they might be on to something else. It's unwise to hyper focus on food, and it's unwise to have wait for answers from health 'experts' instead of trusting your own body.

I've only read one really encouraging success story, and it was by a guy who used to post regularly, but then left for over a year (I think). He stopped obsessing over food and cures and restrictive diets. He ate to support his gut microbiome, I think, I'd have to reread it. I don't think he was doing any sort of elimination diet though. Mostly it seems like he just lived his life and stopped looking for some hack, some diet, some supplement to improve his well being. That's a success story. And those success stories typically don't stick around this forum -- they leave. So you're not likely to come across many of those stories, because the people who would write them don't want to waste their time on this forum anymore.

Anyway, you already know my advice regarding thiamine. Mostlylurking gave some good links, too. Maybe that isn't the solution, but your symptoms seem similar to mine, and that's what helped me.

Your health coach is a quack.

Good luck.

OP
vetbusd

vetbusd

There are many "well respected" users on this forum who I would stay far away from. It can be unwise to put your faith into health coaches, no matter how well known and respected they are. They're usually wrong.

I joined this forum after I quit the carnivore diet, partly because it was a video by Danny Roddy explaining why he quit the diet that introduced me to Ray Peat. Now, I hang around here for interesting studies and stories that are sometimes posted. Now and then I comment. But I don't really put any stake in the majority of the health advice that is dispensed by users on this forum, especially when it involves elimination diets, removing starch, parasite cleanses, etc. It's almost always wrong, and being afraid of foods and constantly monitoring your body for signs of reactions is no way to live. And worse: they harm the user. You, case in point.

It looks like you are a relatively new user on this site. I've been here a couple of years and lurked before then, too. I've seen the same users post about new things they're doing, new symptoms they are having, what foods they're removing, what supplement stack they are using, new negative reactions, new plan ... It's endless. People get in this diet-cure loop and they never get out of it. I'll include myself in that group, though I am almost out of it, thankfully. Point is: it doesn't matter what someone on here claims is the solution. Because in a few months, they'll probably claim something ELSE is the solution. In a year, it could be totally different. The health coaches in particular are especially loathe to ever admit that their protocols fail, even though in a few years they might be on to something else. It's unwise to hyper focus on food, and it's unwise to have wait for answers from health 'experts' instead of trusting your own body.

I've only read one really encouraging success story, and it was by a guy who used to post regularly, but then left for over a year (I think). He stopped obsessing over food and cures and restrictive diets. He ate to support his gut microbiome, I think, I'd have to reread it. I don't think he was doing any sort of elimination diet though. Mostly it seems like he just lived his life and stopped looking for some hack, some diet, some supplement to improve his well being. That's a success story. And those success stories typically don't stick around this forum -- they leave. So you're not likely to come across many of those stories, because the people who would write them don't want to waste their time on this forum anymore.

Anyway, you already know my advice regarding thiamine. Mostlylurking gave some good links, too. Maybe that isn't the solution, but your symptoms seem similar to mine, and that's what helped me.

Your health coach is a quack.

Good luck.
Thanks brother :)
Its a catch 22 situation. To heal you need to be smart, do research, and have patience, but it seems like to do those things you need to be in good health already. Super difficult to do hours of research while having no energy, brain fog, depression, ect. I made the mistake of thinking anyone else gives a **** about my problems, or would save me from my situation. that was the easy thing to believe.

I dont know what else to say.

Sergey

Thank you but I have been taking thornes b complex for a month now. It has 9000% of the daily reccommended value so I think i should have sufficient levels of vitamin b.
Did your acne become worse while you were taking this? Methylcobalamin seem to stimulate p. acnes, bacteria involved in acne. And P.acnes can be behind some other systemic issues, including periodontal disease and gut problems.

mostlylurking

Thank you all for the thoughtful responses :)

I think my issue was raising metabolism (milk, iodine, caffeine) without eating enough glucose. This led to stress responses since I was basically running on cortisol and adrenaline alone. Meats was what I was mainly eating, and peat says "When only the muscle meats are eaten, the amino acid balance entering our blood stream is the same as that produced by extreme stress, when cortisol excess causes our muscles to be broken down to provide energy and material for repair. The formation of serotonin is increased by the excess tryptophan in muscle, and serotonin stimulates the formation of more cortisol, while the tryptophan itself, along with the excess muscle-derived cysteine, suppresses the thyroid function."

Funnily enough yesterday and today I ate pizzas and I feel relaxed now. However my acne did become worse, and I did get an itchy scalp. Not sure how to proceed again. I will test tommorrow with some oranges in the morning and some gelatin + sugar in my coffee.

Im still wondering if this can have anything to do with pathogens in my intestines? I took iodine which was supposed to kill them and I needed to do a flush to flush them out but it didnt work. Can this be because of the pathogens/parasites? I felt great for the first week of no starch and no fiber, had 0 inflammation aswell.
It seems to me that you have spent too much time on this forum and not enough time reading and listening to Ray Peat himself. If you want to understand what Ray Peat proposes you have to spend time reading his articles and listening to his interviews. You are relying too much on other people's misconceptions.

search engine for articles: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless use the search cell on the left to exclude the forum.
search engine for audio shows: Ray Peat Search
list of interviews, etc: Ray Peat related sites directory (MarshmalloW)

OP
vetbusd

vetbusd

I found a possible culprit. I was taking 1 dropper of logols iodine which is around 50mg of iodine a day! Ray peat says
"A dosage of 150 mcg (micrograms, not milligrams, e.g., ug not mg) is a safe amount of iodine. There are excellent references describing the effect of a moderate iodine excess (even below a milligram per day) on the thyroid. An iodine deficiency can cause hypothyroidism (rare now), but so can an excess. Iodine deficiency is an unusual cause of hypothyroidism, except in a few places, like the mountains of Mexico and China, and the Andes."
Some more info
"When iodine is consumed, the body reduces it to its iodide component, which is then absorbed into the bloodstream to be used by the thyroid gland. Iodides are essential for the manufacture of hormones by the thyroid gland. These hormones control the body’s metabolism and many other important functions. The body also needs thyroid hormones for proper bone and brain development of your baby during pregnancy. When there’s more iodide than the body can use, the excess is excreted through the sweat glands. That’s where it can become a problem for your skin.

As it’s excreted, iodide irritates the pores and causes acne flare-ups. It’s especially troublesome to the susceptible pores in acne-prone skin. Large enough amounts can induce acne in even skin that’s normally clear. In fact, iodide is such a potent trigger for acne that it is often used in skin research to create acne. A few drops of potassium iodide on the skin spurs a quick acneic response for researchers to study."

@Travis says
There are two classical things that can produce acne: steroid hormones and halogens (chloracne). Dairy products have both. Iodine comes from nipple-sterilization and the steroid hormones are found naturally (and are often elevated from rBGH.)
Cutting out the iodine! Lets see how it goes

ursidae

Yeah I got horrific acne from iodine. It gets really bad at first, but overtime it levels out. This is about the only thing I’d consider “detox”. Also you need zinc, selenium, etc because when you take too much things get depleted fast. 50 mg is way too high, you don’t have to cut it entirely, reduce it to the RDI and slowly increase.

Pet Peeve

The first thing you should do is get Floraphage, it kills bad bacteria like an antibiotic. You can buy it in a healthfoodstore or on iherb. I think it basically does the same as the specific carbohydrate diet (SCD).

Nomane Euger

Yeah I got horrific acne from iodine. It gets really bad at first, but overtime it levels out. This is about the only thing I’d consider “detox”. Also you need zinc, selenium, etc because when you take too much things get depleted fast. 50 mg is way too high, you don’t have to cut it entirely, reduce it to the RDI and slowly increase.
Did the statement from Travis implied that chlore detoxification from iodine can cause acne?

GelatinGoblin

I think something important is finding a single food you always feel good on, or at least be able to digest. For me it's warm Oxtail soup with salt. Jasmine Rice aswell

OP
vetbusd

vetbusd

Yeah I got horrific acne from iodine. It gets really bad at first, but overtime it levels out. This is about the only thing I’d consider “detox”.
does this imply it gets worse before it gets better after stopping?

GreekDemiGod

I spent about 3 months working up to 2 grams of thiamine hcl. I started the 2 grams on 2/1/2021. I experienced major improvement in my digestive tract on the second day at this high a dose. It was like I was 10 years old again (gutwise).
I've used a quality source of Thiamine HCL, 250mg capsules. Used 1-3 per day for the past few weeks, So 250 - 750mg / day. Absolutely no effect on digestion.
Do you think it's worth it to try 2g. Is that your daily dose?

S-VV

The first thing you should do is get Floraphage, it kills bad bacteria like an antibiotic. You can buy it in a healthfoodstore or on iherb. I think it basically does the same as the specific carbohydrate diet (SCD).
This will introduce an unknown amount of phages into the microbiome, without a known way to remove them. Could lead to irreversible dysbiosis.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals