No food cravings anymore

jerry.j

To give a very brief history, during my fasting days I would have my normal (very large) meals but usually still be hungry and have certain cravings for desserts (or anything really). My appetite was enormous and I could easily eat 4000+ calories in a sitting.

I stopped fasting last year but more recently I have found that I have absolutely no cravings for anything. It used to be the case that when going down the grocery store aisles I would see things that I wanted to buy - certain foods that I really wanted to eat but usually weren't on my diet. Now I feel nothing toward any desserts or other food items. I attribute this to many months on a very nutrient-dense diet (also possibly a correction in leptin resistence and reduction in stress).

It seems like a logical outcome: that cravings can be a completely sensical way for our bodies to tell us we need more nutrients (or at least more calories to deal with stress). But at the same time, this notion doesn't seem to be accepted by mainstream practitioners.

Has anyone else experienced this switch?

To give a very brief history, during my fasting days I would have my normal (very large) meals but usually still be hungry and have certain cravings for desserts (or anything really). My appetite was enormous and I could easily eat 4000+ calories in a sitting.

I stopped fasting last year but more recently I have found that I have absolutely no cravings for anything. It used to be the case that when going down the grocery store aisles I would see things that I wanted to buy - certain foods that I really wanted to eat but usually weren't on my diet. Now I feel nothing toward any desserts or other food items. I attribute this to many months on a very nutrient-dense diet (also possibly a correction in leptin resistence and reduction in stress).

It seems like a logical outcome: that cravings can be a completely sensical way for our bodies to tell us we need more nutrients (or at least more calories to deal with stress). But at the same time, this notion doesn't seem to be accepted by mainstream practitioners.

Has anyone else experienced this switch?
I have too lost a lot of desire for many of the foods I use to like, thankfully. I think one reason I had those those craving for things I don't crave now, is their was a lot of brainwashing going on, with my brain remember fond memories of how good it WAS, or a commercial that had lured me to at least try it. The other was imbalances, within me, constantly trying to satisfy my cravings or constant hunger with, again what my brains eyes thought looked good or sounded good, which led to too many regrets afterwards or food addictions. Now being more balanced and knowledgable about how the body REALLY works from a scientific angle I can better reason with myself to make the choices which have become better habits and a healthier me. Now my brain doesn't see toxic food in the same light, with me saying "fool me once and it's your fault, fool me twice and it's me fault", remembering the stomach aches and bloats, bad nights of tossing and turning, puffy eyes and such. Now I don't see food through my eyes anymore, but through my brain, seeing the toxicity through the delicious frosting. Now I see it as "Knowledge is power", when back then it was "Ignorance is bliss". I just keep my arrow pointing straighter and now say to myself "Nothing tastes as good as feeling great feels".

Michael Mohn

Alliesthesia (from Ancient Greek: ἀλλοῖος, romanized: alloios – be changed, and αἴσθησις (aísthēsis) – sensation, perception; thus "changed sensation"; French: alliesthésie, German: Alliästhesie) is a psychophysiological phenomenon ...that describes the dependent relationship between the internal state of an organism and the perceived pleasure or displeasure of stimuli.
Www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliesthesia

Since I started peating my cravings for certain foods and novelty have disappeared. I think if you get you metabolism higher and deficiencies reduced your body stops making you run in circles for food (=energy).

Alliesthesia (from Ancient Greek: ἀλλοῖος, romanized: alloios – be changed, and αἴσθησις (aísthēsis) – sensation, perception; thus "changed sensation"; French: alliesthésie, German: Alliästhesie) is a psychophysiological phenomenon ...that describes the dependent relationship between the internal state of an organism and the perceived pleasure or displeasure of stimuli.
Www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliesthesia

Since I started peating my cravings for certain foods and novelty have disappeared. I think if you get you metabolism higher and deficiencies reduced your body stops making you run in circles for food (=energy).
So true! How easily we get lured in to pretty poisons! In primitive cultures eating the organs were prized, and not a pretty sight i am sure. Training my brain now to think of all the wonderful things liver is going to go in and do, as well as other visual nasties, is more exciting to me now ?

P

Peatness

I've lost most of my food cravings too. However, today I've been craving popcorn. I don't know what this means.

I've lost most of my food cravings too. However, today I've been craving popcorn. I don't know what this means.
Probably you want something crunchy, maybe you have had to many liquids and chewy things? I have lost my food cravings over the last 6 months and am so happy about it. I went to a celebration of life and had no desire to eat any of the food there. I am not into snacking anymore.

P

Peatness

Probably you want something crunchy, maybe you have had to many liquids and chewy things? I have lost my food cravings over the last 6 months and am so happy about it. I went to a celebration of life and had no desire to eat any of the food there. I am not into snacking anymore.
Yes, I do want and miss crunchy foods. Chewing increases circulation to my scalp too so that might be a factor.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals