No Dental Appts In 10 Years Now

jaminhealth

First of all I'm 81 and have had my share of Dental appts in my life, and have crowns and bridgework to prove it. My mom loved to bake us treats and so I was raised with a lot of sugars, and loads of carbs. Amazing no Diabetes....but I do believe the arthritis I live with is a product too of the sugars/carbs and other issues too.

But lots of dental issues.

So about 10 yrs ago I first stopped getting dental xrays, dentist didn't like that but I did.

Then I really got STRONG and stopped breads, pastas, cookies, donuts, etc etc and went to making Coconut Oil toothpaste and used that for a couple years and was doing good but decided to start buying a popular brand that was easier for my drain. To the CO toothpaste which I put into a 2 oz jar, I add a few drops of Oil of Oregano and some drops of Tea Tree Oil and this is my great toothpaste. No chemicals like store brand toothpastes.

My gums are healthy, nice and pink and tight. Back in the 80's I was told I had deep pockets and never did anything but the antioxidants took care of those pockets. Never a mention of the pockets from the early 90's....

My favorite antioxidants are Vit C, Grape Seed Extract and Pycnogenol. Going on 25 yrs of taking them.

Love love love not paying a dentist anymore and sitting in those terrible fearful chairs.

This is one of several health testimonies I have in my life.

Nicole W.

First of all I'm 81 and have had my share of Dental appts in my life, and have crowns and bridgework to prove it. My mom loved to bake us treats and so I was raised with a lot of sugars, and loads of carbs. Amazing no Diabetes....but I do believe the arthritis I live with is a product too of the sugars/carbs and other issues too.

So about 10 yrs ago I first stopped getting dental xrays, dentist didn't like that but I did.

Then I really got STRONG and stopped breads, pastas, cookies, donuts, etc etc and went to making Coconut Oil toothpaste and used that for a couple years and was doing good but decided to start buying a popular brand that was easier for my drain. To the CO toothpaste which I put into a 2 oz jar, I add a few drops of Oil of Oregano and some drops of Tea Tree Oil and this is my great toothpaste. No chemicals like store brand toothpastes.

My gums are healthy, nice and pink and tight. Back in the 80's I was told I had deep pockets and never did anything but the antioxidants took care of those pockets. Never a mention of the pockets from the early 90's....

My favorite antioxidants are Vit C, Grape Seed Extract and Pycnogenol. Going on 25 yrs of taking them.

Love love love not paying a dentist anymore and sitting in those terrible fearful chairs.

Hello again... Jaminhealth. You are unwittingly undermining your credibility on this forum in the worst possible way. Your apparent desire to shout the benefits of GSE from the mountain tops (over and over and over again) is, quite frankly, making you look like a shill for some supplement manufacturer. This can not be your ultimate objective if you truly want to espouse the benefits of this nutritional supplement and you actually want people to listen to you.
Please consider your audience for a moment. Generally, the members here subscribe to the ideas of Ray Peat: someone who specifically promotes the use of sugars and carbs in the diet. Someone who specifically contests the theory that sugars cause diabetes. Someone who specifically cautions against the chronic use of antioxidants, as they can drive cancer. I can see how passionate you are about these supplements but, honestly, these posts are working against you.

OP
J

jaminhealth

Hello again... Jaminhealth. You are unwittingly undermining your credibility on this forum in the worst possible way. Your apparent desire to shout the benefits of GSE from the mountain tops (over and over and over again) is, quite frankly, making you look like a shill for some supplement manufacturer. This can not be your ultimate objective if you truly want to espouse the benefits of this nutritional supplement and you actually want people to listen to you.
Please consider your audience for a moment. Generally, the members here subscribe to the ideas of Ray Peat: someone who specifically promotes the use of sugars and carbs in the diet. Someone who specifically contests the theory that sugars cause diabetes. Someone who specifically cautions against the chronic use of antioxidants, as they can drive cancer. I can see how passionate you are about these supplements but, honestly, these posts are working against you.

From a lot I'm reading many members do NOT do the "peating". Thanks.

And cancers thrive in sugary environment, I've read enough about this one.

And why can't people mix what they use for their health...I see that a lot here.

You do what you choose and so will I... Thanks again.

kreeese

I totally agree...Im not familiar with this Tooth Crusader but wtf....I do agree about her coc oil tooth paste and dropping pasta donuts etc. This forum is hilarious......havent been on in years!!:))

somuch4food

How much of those antioxidants do you take?

I would also like you to detail your diet over the years.

Flour certainly isn't the best of food, but it's not the devil either. Despite a poor diet, I do not have a lot of oral problems yet. My gums certainly need help since they are receding.

Around here, it's not the sugar that's the problem, but the bugs that feed on them. Instead of cutting their fuel (and ours), we try to fight them head on by supporting the immune system and killing them with antimicrobial substances.

I've looked into GSE and it seems to have antimicrobial effects.

To enhance your credibility, you should post some studies.

boris

GutFeeling

The secret of dental health os not letting carbs stay in the tooth for prolonged time.

Toothpastes with fluoride and novamin are proven to be excellent for dental health, you should avoid fluoride in water though

TheSir

The secret of dental health os not letting carbs stay in the tooth for prolonged time.
This is what it all boils down to in my experience. Been brushing and flossing with only water and the occassional salt for years and all my cavities have stopped from progressing. Back when I used fluoride, but brushed and flossed carelessly I would end up with numerous cavities, especially in between the teeth. I think many just brush and floss because they are supposed to, instead of focusing on making the dentin feel smooth and clean.

Xylitol is a huge aid in keeping the teeth clean, because it lowers the amount of caries causing bacteria to zero with sufficient dosage.

CLASH

Toothpastes with fluoride and novamin are proven to be excellent for dental health, you should avoid fluoride in water though

I think it'd be wise to also avoid it in toothpaste. Havent seen strong evidence to support its use there. Activated charcoal works well on the teeth as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals