"No chew" carrot salad (please don't choke)

Nebula

I’ve been trying this no-chew method for a few days. It does seem more effective. If I make the strands thin enough I can wind them up like spaghetti on a fork and swallow some whole.

schultz

Yes a colander would be effective. Thanks, got one in the cabinet. Ill compare between rolling up the fiber in parchment paper.

Im tryng to find Somthing that will Shread carrot Length ways. I have a effective gadget, but it still gets tedious making a 5-10day batch.

Yah it is tedious to shred them by hand. Sometimes I use a food processor but it might leave the length a bit short. I'll have to look next time.

L

Lord Cola

Yah it is tedious to shred them by hand. Sometimes I use a food processor but it might leave the length a bit short. I'll have to look next time.
I'm considering something like this, though I would prefer something sturdy that doesn't require electricity.

Cloudhands

I don't grate it, I peel it until it doesn't peel anymore. Someone asked Peat about this and I think (not sure) he said the long strips work better than eating it or grating it. I believe it was on KMUD.
Have u come to any conclusions as far as how this works or doesnt work for you? (The swallowing)

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Have u come to any conclusions as far as how this works or doesnt work for you? (The swallowing)
The most sustainable thing I've found is to just chew poorly. Less stressful than trying to swallow it completely whole. I keep some liquid around, or something I can use to swallow Incase I do end up choking. Hasn't been an issue with the slight chewing though. Still works like a charm for BMs.

koky

me:
I've been slicing carrots in olive oil and umi vinegar and eating at end of lunch
am I losing any benefit from not grating them?

RP:Chewing well has the same effect.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

me:
I've been slicing carrots in olive oil and umi vinegar and eating at end of lunch
am I losing any benefit from not grating them?

RP:Chewing well has the same effect.
Yes but he's talking about chewing whole carrot well. We are talking already shredded.

Frostee

There seems to be lots of opinions on how to do the carrot salad. I think chewing it is part of the point.

"If you shred them with a fine food processor, they're almost like hair. That's the most effective kind of fiber because you get a lot of surface area to bind irritants." - Ray Peat. It cut out a little bit but I'm pretty sure that's what he said

42:49 -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgZ0NWITuXc

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

There seems to be lots of opinions on how to do the carrot salad. I think chewing it is part of the point.

"If you shred them with a fine food processor, they're almost like hair. That's the most effective kind of fiber because you get a lot of surface area to bind irritants." - Ray Peat. It cut out a little bit but I'm pretty sure that's what he said

42:49 -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgZ0NWITuXc

good find.

I wonder if juicing the carrots and only eating the leftover pulp would be even more effective. Yes I understand enjoyment of food is important but I don't really see the carrot salad as food. I see it like coconut charcoal, which I'm a big fan of but get kidney pain from and am cautious about the very small particle size.

I'm also going to ask Ray or @haidut if ozonated olive oil would be even more effective for the carrot salad.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals