"No chew" carrot salad (please don't choke)

RealNeat

I'm wondering if the effects of the carrot salad can be increased by swallowing strips whole. Much like a pill, with plenty of water to make sure death doesn't become the only outcome. If one is going to try this please do so at your own risk and use common sense. One strip at a time and a tall glass of water, cucumbers, yoghurt or bread on stand by to assist down throat if any choking ensues.

this could make it more resistant to digestion, have more binding capacity and less of it can be eaten.

Im going to experiment but hopefully it doesn't lead to a blockage or something of the sort.

mrchibbs

I wish I could do that, but I've suffered from dysphagia and actually choked on carrots a few time so I'm out :p:

Comstock

I once bought a julienne peeler that cut carrots super thinly. The strips were so thin that I felt comfortable swallowing them whole. I thought the effects of the carrot were pretty significant whenever I did. It's kind of inconvenient to peel regularly though.

Summer

I feel like you may as well use something like activated charcoal if you’re looking for more extreme results without the risk of choking.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

I feel like you may as well use something like activated charcoal if you’re looking for more extreme results without the risk of choking.
The opinion I'm about to express is my own risk assessment conclusion, people can choose freely what they deem more pertinent; I'd rather take the "risk" of swallowing carrot strips whole to act like charcoal than to buy the powdered stuff that comes with the (likely) risk of persorption.

I thought about the parallel you mention before posting as I was trying to make the carrot salad act more like charcoal without having to take activated charcoal, at least not the fine powdered stuff.

equipoise

Hey man that's exactly the kind of thread I wanted to make ha.
I've experienced much pronounced antibiotic effect from carrot salad then usually when I chew it thoroughly! Then I stumbled upon a video from Ray himself talking and describing the same exact thing you did. It seems when you swallow them whole, they sweep their way through the intestine and keep it clean. Amazing stuff and cheap to boot aswell.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Hey man that's exactly the kind of thread I wanted to make ha.
I've experienced much pronounced antibiotic effect from carrot salad then usually when I chew it thoroughly! Then I stumbled upon a video from Ray himself talking and describing the same exact thing you did. It seems when you swallow them whole, they sweep their way through the intestine and keep it clean. Amazing stuff and cheap to boot aswell.
Sounds good. My only concern is that it comes out nicely if you know what I mean. I guess I'll have to figure out the upper tolerable limit before things get uncomfortable down under.

mrchibbs

But then persorption and particles is a big concern. I would use charcoal if it wasn't for this.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

But then persorption and particles is a big concern. I would use charcoal if it wasn't for this.
Yeah it's what I was trying to mimic with the whole strips, ideally infused with vinegar, salt and olive oil over night.

gaze

so is there any point to even grate the carrot if it gets chewed up? seems like ideal would be to half chew it

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

so is there any point to even grate the carrot if it gets chewed up? seems like ideal would be to half chew it
I don't grate it, I peel it until it doesn't peel anymore. Someone asked Peat about this and I think (not sure) he said the long strips work better than eating it or grating it. I believe it was on KMUD.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I have be en buying shredded organic carrots and find that not having to shred them myself increases my compliance in eating them. With salt, vinegar, and olive oil, I am actually enjoying the salad.

I sometimes mix in a can of diced clams which makes it even more tasty.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

I have be en buying shredded organic carrots and find that not having to shred them myself increases my compliance in eating them. With salt, vinegar, and olive oil, I am actually enjoying the salad.

I sometimes mix in a can of diced clams which makes it even more tasty.
I can see the clams increasing antibiotic effects because of copper and iodine.

Cara

I'm wondering if the effects of the carrot salad can be increased by swallowing strips whole. Much like a pill, with plenty of water to make sure death doesn't become the only outcome. If one is going to try this please do so at your own risk and use common sense. One strip at a time and a tall glass of water, cucumbers, yoghurt or bread on stand by to assist down throat if any choking ensues.

this could make it more resistant to digestion, have more binding capacity and less of it can be eaten.

Im going to experiment but hopefully it doesn't lead to a blockage or something of the sort.
Try grating the carrots on the tiniest shredding size. It comes out almost mushy but w some coconut oil ACV salt it’s easily swallowed.

schultz

Try grating the carrots on the tiniest shredding size. It comes out almost mushy but w some coconut oil ACV salt it’s easily swallowed.

I grate mine length wise on the smaller setting. They are long thin strands. Lots of surface area for oil, vinegar and salt.

gaze

I don't grate it, I peel it until it doesn't peel anymore. Someone asked Peat about this and I think (not sure) he said the long strips work better than eating it or grating it. I believe it was on KMUD.
oh yea i meant to say peel instead of grate. with olive oil and shredded cheese on top the carrot salad is actually one of my favorite meals. i'd rather get the enjoyment of chewing rather than possible increases bowel cleansing affects of chewing less

supercoolguy

I grate mine length wise on the smaller setting. They are long thin strands. Lots of surface area for oil, vinegar and salt.
Yes, Take 1/2 the strands place them on parchment paper. Salt & Stir. It will Sweat Out the water, then roll it up and Squeeze.
Place in final storage container, detassel and let air out.
THEN dump a shot of ACV. It will re-hydrate/expand the fibers. (This loaded fiber I believe is more antimicrobial and gets carried further down the intestinal track)
Now incorporate the remaining carrot and maybe ACV if needed. 5day supply marinading in fridge. Works great! Prefer White & Yellow Carrots.
I use EVOO and a Ginger Capsule per serving (hardly need to chew).
I've corrected my gut a number of times over the past 8yrs with this formula. Sluggishness, bloating, Warship Caliber gas from flour/yeast. Even low mood of dark winters. Adjusted diet away from starches and add a generous serving of This salad between meals OR last thing at night 30min-1hr before bed for
3-5days. Everything's Gone!

Last edited:

equipoise

Yes, Take 1/2 the strands place them on parchment paper. Salt & Stir. It will Sweat Out the water, then roll it up and Squeeze.
Place in final storage container, detassel and let air out.
THEN dump a shot of ACV. It will re-hydrate/expand the fibers. (This loaded fiber I believe is more antimicrobial and gets carried further down the intestinal track)
Now incorporate the remaining carrot and maybe ACV if needed. 5day supply marinading in fridge. Works great! Prefer White & Yellow Carrots.
I use EVOO and a Ginger Capsule per serving (hardly need to chew).
I've corrected my gut a number of times over the past 8yrs with this formula. Sluggishness, bloating, Warship Caliber gas from flour/yeast. Even low mood of dark winters. Adjusted diet away from starches and add a generous serving of This salad between meals OR last thing at night 30min-1hr before bed for
3-5days. Everything's Gone!
What a great recipe. It makes perfect sense!

schultz

Sometimes I put the grated carrots in a colander and rinse under the faucet then squeeze them out.

supercoolguy

Sometimes I put the grated carrots in a colander and rinse under the faucet then squeeze them out.
Yes a colander would be effective. Thanks, got one in the cabinet. Ill compare between rolling up the fiber in parchment paper.

Im tryng to find Somthing that will Shread carrot Length ways. I have a effective gadget, but it still gets tedious making a 5-10day batch.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals