Nitrix Oxide (NO) Is A Likely Cause Of Migraines

thegiantess

Congratulations.

I imagine it might be part of the story of migraines by a couple of mechanisms. Emotional stress can increase stress hormones, increase tension in some muscles, increase breathing rate (reduce CO2), which can reduce blood flow to the digestive system - which can slow digestion and excretion of endotoxin, and make it more difficult for both muscles and nerves to relax fully.
That all makes sense. I've never found anything that stop a migraine in its tracks (sugar, aspirin, naproxen, magnesium, alka seltzer), but perhaps bag breathing is the ticket? I have read that CoQ10 and b2 are pretty promising as preventatives. For people like me that get them every few years it's confusing to figure out what to do to prevent them. In general I am not very stress tolerant, I suspect because I had one of those not so good childhoods and a high stress early adulthood. . My attention to nutrition helps me a great deal, but in times of very high stress it just isn't enough.

tara

I've never found anything that stop a migraine in its tracks (sugar, aspirin, naproxen, magnesium, alka seltzer), but perhaps bag breathing is the ticket?
I haven't found a way to raise CO2 by breathing mechanisms that can interrupt a migraine once it's underway. Possibly training to get the baseline up might be protective, but I haven't got very far with that. But IIRC, ecstatichamster got his CP well up and still had trouble with headaches and migraines. So probably other factors too.
The only thing I've found so far that can (often) stop a migraine in it's tracks for me is triptans, and they have their potential downsides.

Last edited:
I haven't found a

I haven't found a way to raise CO2 by breathing mechanisms that can interrupt a migraine once it's underway. Possibly training to get the baseline up might be protective, but I haven't got very far with that. But if IIRC, ecstatichamster got his CP well up and still had trouble with headaches and migraines. So probably other factors too.
The only thing I've found so far that can (often) stop a migraine in it's tracks for me is triptans, and they have their potential downsides.

No I didn't have migraines. I had headaches that had a "neuromuscular" origin. Very different. My headaches DID respond to NSAIDs, while migraines don't.

tara

No I didn't have migraines.
Ta. Do you have experience coaching people with migraines in Buteyko method, and any comment on whether anyone got significant improvement in migraines by that route?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
That all makes sense. I've never found anything that stop a migraine in its tracks (sugar, aspirin, naproxen, magnesium, alka seltzer), but perhaps bag breathing is the ticket? I have read that CoQ10 and b2 are pretty promising as preventatives. For people like me that get them every few years it's confusing to figure out what to do to prevent them. In general I am not very stress tolerant, I suspect because I had one of those not so good childhoods and a high stress early adulthood. . My attention to nutrition helps me a great deal, but in times of very high stress it just isn't enough.

Cyproheptadine is supposed to stop a migraine in its tracks. You can Google for more info but I think it's even mentioned on the Wiki page.

tara

Cyproheptadine is supposed to stop a migraine in its tracks.
I've tried it a few times. Stopped one or two when I took it quite early in the process, but not if I took it once the migraine was more definitely underway. I followed the packet instructions - (IIRC, 1 x4mg tablet, and then another 1/2 hr later if needed). I think it may have had withdrawal consequences too.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've tried it a few times. Stopped one or two when I took it quite early in the process, but not if I took it once the migraine was more definitely underway. I followed the packet instructions - (IIRC, 1 x4mg tablet, and then another 1/2 hr later if needed). I think it may have had withdrawal consequences too.

Meterogline may be more effective. It is approved as anti-migraine drug in some countries. Bottom line - for acute attacks anti-serotonin drugs is where it's supposed to be at. Longer term, obviously keeping thyroid high and NO low would be preferable than loading up on anti-serotonin drugs.

kaybb

Meterogline may be more effective. It is approved as anti-migraine drug in some countries. Bottom line - for acute attacks anti-serotonin drugs is where it's supposed to be at. Longer term, obviously keeping thyroid high and NO low would be preferable than loading up on anti-serotonin drugs.
Weather and pressure changes trigger my migraines. We've had mild weather throughout summer, I thought trigger therapy (Trudenta) healed my migraines along with Peating. Weather changed last week and I've had migraine/vertigo for 4 days. After dealing with this for about 4yrs now it is clear that stormy weather is my only trigger. Could NO somehow make me sensitive to pressure changes ?

tara

Thanks Haidut. Will consider the metergoline.

WestCoaster

Best not to use any remedies to cure a migraine. It's like robbing from Paul to give to Pete, you'll likely end up with a secondary issue.

Cure migraines the old fashion way, high fat and lots of water.

People too often with issues turn to some sort of external medication instead of avoiding the root cause of the problem

tara

Have you tried metergoline Tara? Is it working?
Hi kaybb,
No I haven't tried it yet - it's still on the list.
I had a go recently of 1/2mg cyptohehptadine daily before bed. Got a slightly longer run migraine free (and harder to wake up in the morning), but then had an other bad few days while still taking the consistent dose. Could be other stresses that messed with my sleep got me.

After dealing with this for about 4yrs now it is clear that stormy weather is my only trigger. Could NO somehow make me sensitive to pressure changes ?
Based on curiosity not any rigorous personal experience, and I can't remember what your normal daily routine is, but if the weather changes are your only remaining trigger, have you tried a dose of aspirin prophylactically any time the pressure is expected to change in the way that tends to get you?

Cure migraines the old fashion way, high fat and lots of water.

People too often with issues turn to some sort of external medication instead of avoiding the root cause of the problem
I'm all for addressing root causes here rather than just relying on escalating medication of symptoms. But if one of the root causes of the problem is probably low thyroid function, wouldn't a high fat diet risk exacerbating this root cause?

bradley

Progesterone has stopped every migraine I've had for the last 4 years, 20 minutes after taking it.

sladerunner69

Why does NO seem to improve libido? Specifically, it boosts erectiobs. I find coffee can just really compromise my libido if I drink too much, and after a day of copious coffee drinking, I always notice weaker erections. I suspect that NO helps to boost erections, and the blood pump itself seems to help increase sensitivity down there. Of course there is no way to confirm this but it seems to be my experience. Pregenelone seems to negatively effect my libido as well, making me feel disconnected with the world around me and not caring about anything. Are stress hormones like cortisol and estrogen necessary for strong sex drive? I think I may be treading into low estrogen/cortisol territory since I began stacking a couple drops pabsterone/ 2 drops stressnon/ 1 drop androsterone/ 2 drops topical retinil/ 8000iu topical vitamin d / 325mg aspirin/ 1g taurine/ gelatin/20 drops energin/100mg oral niacinmide/200mg vitamin e and in the afternoon i take 5 drops 5a-dhp. Sometimea i qill take 5mg oral k2 or more vitamin e if i eat pufa. I will drink strong coffee i make at home or from starbucks theough the day til about 6 pm.

Is this just way too much stuff? My jointa are painful, sometimes to painful to even run or workout. My estrogen and cortiaol are probably totally depleted. I also feel disconnected and unhappy...What to do?

Regina

Why does NO seem to improve libido? Specifically, it boosts erectiobs. I find coffee can just really compromise my libido if I drink too much, and after a day of copious coffee drinking, I always notice weaker erections. I suspect that NO helps to boost erections, and the blood pump itself seems to help increase sensitivity down there. Of course there is no way to confirm this but it seems to be my experience. Pregenelone seems to negatively effect my libido as well, making me feel disconnected with the world around me and not caring about anything. Are stress hormones like cortisol and estrogen necessary for strong sex drive? I think I may be treading into low estrogen/cortisol territory since I began stacking a couple drops pabsterone/ 2 drops stressnon/ 1 drop androsterone/ 2 drops topical retinil/ 8000iu topical vitamin d / 325mg aspirin/ 1g taurine/ gelatin/20 drops energin/100mg oral niacinmide/200mg vitamin e and in the afternoon i take 5 drops 5a-dhp. Sometimea i qill take 5mg oral k2 or more vitamin e if i eat pufa. I will drink strong coffee i make at home or from starbucks theough the day til about 6 pm.

Is this just way too much stuff? My jointa are painful, sometimes to painful to even run or workout. My estrogen and cortiaol are probably totally depleted. I also feel disconnected and unhappy...What to do?
Seems like a bit too much vitamin D.
I still do not know what it means to have painful "joints." Any way to pinpoint that better? Like the nerves, the tendons, the ligaments, the muscles??
I am working with this stuff too (stacking), because I like being able to do aikido. Aikido is all over all our joints. Personally, I am only feeling improvements in "joints" since Peating and stacking. Yesterday, I had a dry creeky feeling in my "joints" and went and trained wondering if my estrogen/cortisol is too low.
No. I still think this is a blind alley and I still reject this theory. I think I just didn't get much sleep. But last night, I slept fine; today my "joints" felt fine. I stacked like crazy. So, instead of progressive worse "joints", they felt great and I had a great time on the mat tonight. Oodles of joint locks, shoulder pins with the heavier-hitters in the room. Honestly, it all felt like therapeutic massage to me. My "joints" were releasing (letting go feeling) and didn't have a point of needing to slap (tap-out) hard. This makes for a huge difference in the whole experience.
I don't think you should consider embracing N.O. You know that.
What about infection?
Have you tried lapodin?
And also, serotonin is an inflammatory mediator and may be effecting your joints.

Honestly, I wish I could lower cortisol more. (I'm kinda getting fatter in the middle than I like).

chispas

Just wanted to share that lisuride works for my girlfriend better than pharma drug Relpax. No pain after 2.5 hours. And no post-migraine feeling like having been hit by a car.

I put five drops on the bottom of each of her feet. 10 drops total. Did this on two separate occasions for two attacks and it worked really well. Pain rating also a lot lower than usual, far more bearable.

I think metergoline should theoretically be even better because it doesn't raise dopamine. I want to buy some and give it a shot. Also interested in cypro.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just wanted to share that lisuride works for my girlfriend better than pharma drug Relpax. No pain after 2.5 hours. And no post-migraine feeling like having been hit by a car.

I put five drops on the bottom of each of her feet. 10 drops total. Did this on two separate occasions for two attacks and it worked really well. Pain rating also a lot lower than usual, far more bearable.

I think metergoline should theoretically be even better because it doesn't raise dopamine. I want to buy some and give it a shot. Also interested in cypro.

This is awesome! Do you mind posting this feedback in the lisuride thread below as well?
Lisuride - Liquid Lisuride (maleate) For Lab/research Use

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals