Nitric Oxide Isoforms - Information Needed!

ddjd

If you have any conflicting or supporting studies or information perhaps you could contribute!

Aspirin
(lowers ALL - eNOS, iNOS, nNOS
conflicting - possibly raises eNOS)

Arginine
(raises eNOS, nNOS, iNOS)

Agmatine
(raises eNOS
lowers nNOS, iNOS)

Caffeine
(lowers eNOS
iNOS?
nNOS?
)

Iodine
(raises iNOS
lowers eNOS)

Lysine
(lowers iNOS, eNOS
nNOS?)

Methylene Blue
(lowers eNOS, iNOS, nNOS)

Methyl Folate
(potently raises eNOS)

Minocycline
(raises eNOS
lowers iNOS, nNOS)

Pau D'arco
(lowers eNOS
iNOS?
nNOS?
)

Progesterone
(raises eNOS,
lowers iNOS, nNOS)

Taurine
(raises eNOS,
iNOS?
nNOS?
)

Theanine
(raises eNOS,
iNOS?
nNOS?
)

Zinc
(lowers ALL - eNOS, iNOS, nNOS)

Adamantine?
Arginine ?
Cascara Sagrada
Charcoal ?
DHT?
K2 MK4?
Magnesium?
Niacinamide?
T3 ?
Theanine ?

Last edited:
Nice compilation. These raise or lower the respective enzyme. Not sure about the actual chemical quantity or it’s cycle of creation and destruction.

Wolf

I would suggest elaborating on whether or not its a precursor, acts on an enzyme such as arginase, and a short snippet of iNOS, eNOS, and nNOS and their respective functions.
I'm a big believer in Citrulline helping one get through the worst of sepsis and its importance in general if you're a young male/female.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I would suggest elaborating on whether or not its a precursor, acts on an enzyme such as arginase, and a short snippet of iNOS, eNOS, and nNOS and their respective functions.
I'm a big believer in Citrulline helping one get through the worst of sepsis and its importance in general if you're a young male/female.
Thanks for this wolf. For some reason I'm no longer able to edit the original post. Weird.

Curiousman

Roles of Nitric Oxide Synthase Isoforms in Neurogenesis.

Abstract
Nitric oxide (NO), a free radical gas, acts as a neurotransmitter or neuromodulator in the central nervous system (CNS). It has been widely explored as a mediator of neuroinflammation, neuronal damages, and neurodegeneration at its pathological levels. Recently, increasing evidence suggests that NO plays key roles in mediating adult neurogenesis, the process of neural stem cells (NSCs) to generate newborn neurons for replacing damaged neurons or maintaining the function of the brain. NO synthase (NOS) is a major enzyme catalyzing the generation of NO in the brain. Recent studies indicate that three homologous NOS isoforms are involved in the proliferation of NSCs and neurogenesis. Therefore, the impact of NOS isoforms on NSC functions needs to be elucidated. Here, we summarize the studies on the role of NO and NOS with different isoforms in NSC proliferation and neurogenesis with the focus on introducing action mechanisms involved in the regulation of NSC function. This growing research area provides the new insight into controlling NSC function via regulating NO microenvironment in the brain. It also provides the evidence on targeting NOS for the treatment of brain diseases.

M

member 6316

do you have source like studies showing methylene blue inhibits all three types of NO?

Back
Top Bottom