Nitric Oxide And Asthma

Vinero

Since Nitric Oxide is a vasodilator, and bronchoconstriction is the major problem with asthma, wouldn't increased NO be good for people with asthma to open up the lungs and reduce bronchoconstriction?
I ask this because I've been taking a lot of methylene blue, l-lysine, magnesium, and progesterone lately all which decrease NO. Altough I feel my health improves my asthma seems to be worse while taking these supplements.

Koveras

If the asthma is worse, could be a reaction to the supplements themselves, supplement additives, or to changes in the diet.

Haidut has talked about the relation between elevated serotonin and asthma here before. Serotonin, histamine, estrogen, hypothyroidism, deficient calcium may play some role among others.

"AM: Now, am I right in thinking also that nitric oxide in smog is a causative agent for asthma?

RP: Ya. And there are people recommending arginine and breathing nitric oxide to treat asthma, but others demonstrating that people with asthma are producing it themselves, so you can measure it in their breath. The worse their asthma is, the more nitric oxide comes out on their breath. It's the same with hepatitis, cancer, any major systemic disease, you can find increased amounts of nitric oxide related chemicals in the blood."

"Q: Are there any conditions associated with the pulmonary signs that would not normally be present in a healthy person deactivating serotonin? Are there any pulmonary symptoms that happen in patients?
RP: Yeah the best established are the asthma symptoms and the pulmonary artery hyper tension, but I think probably, the emphysema category where you get thickening of the diffusion pathway between the membrane cells on the surface, between the lung sacs and the capillaries. Lactic acid and serotonin are closely connected. One increases the other. It is known that high lactic acid from too much exercises, causes many athletes to chronically have an increased pathway for diffusion, so that their blood leaves the lungs less perfectly oxygenated than a person with lower serotonin and lactate.
Q: So with asthmatics it’s common that if they remove the food that causes the irritation that their asthma goes away.
RP:Yeah that’s the direct effect of the serotonin on the contraction of the smooth muscle in the bronchial tubes. That seems to be where the negatively ionized air can help, by destroying the serotonin faster."

"Andrew: Kidney disease, and kidney burden can be caused by phosphate overload. How to eat better and get a better calcium/phosphate?
Peat: Lots of doctors for years have recommended cutting down on your calcium intake to avoid calcification. But actually, that’s the same sort of reasoning that they know that calcium excites cells, and so they say cut down calcium (if you have seizures, or high blood pressure, or whatever). But it turns out that’s a whole aspect of calcium that has been neglected; if you are deficient in calcium you tend to get cramps, might have seizures, bronchial spasms, asthma. The lack of calcium excites tissues, turns on the excitotoxic mediators, triggers inflammation, and sets up the conditions for depositing calcium. So, when you're low in calcium in your diet, you're setting up conditions, increasing the parathyroid hormone for example, to take calcium out of your bones to make up for what you're not eating. And the parathyroid hormone releases serotonin, among other things, and histamine, causing more inflammation, more calcification of the tissues, more tendency for the calcium to combine with phosphate and settle into the arteries, kidneys, brain cells, everywhere except the bones."

"The fact that adenosine worsens many of the symptoms of asthma by – causing bronchoconstriction, stimulating the release of histamine from mast cells, and promoting hyper-reactivity of airway neurons – further speaks to its relationship with hypothyroidism, as merely raising blood glucose levels softens, and sometimes momentarily completely eradicates, these symptoms of asthma. It has been said that asthmatics, compared to non-asthmatics, do not release the counterregulatory hormones, especially adrenalin, when the blood glucose levels dip below normal. But, asthmatics have many of the features of hypothyroidism, such as the tendency to concentrate potassium and sodium in the blood. What is more, adenosine, which accumulates in hypothyroidism, stimulates the production of mucopolysaccharide in the airway of asthmatics, as well as inflammation.10 It would be interesting and informative to compare the presence of asthma in hypothyroid versus euthyroid individuals."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals