Nitrate Level Of Vegetables

Elephanto

This is from a study that recommends eating food high in nitrate because to them nitric oxide is a good and safe vascular enhancer.
Vascular effects of dietary nitrate (as found in green leafy vegetables and beetroot) via the nitrate‐nitrite‐nitric oxide pathway

bcp0075-0677-t1.jpg

Amazoniac

Effect of Cooking on the Nitrate Levels in Vegetables

upload_2019-1-9_12-15-26.png

"With celery, spring greens and turnip the rise in nitrate content in the vegetable tissue after five minutes boiling was considered due to the relatively tough cellular structure of these plant tissues. Initially this toughness retarded heat penetration but five minutes boiling was sufficient apparently, to release some nitrate held intersititially in the surface plant tissues. This was accompanied by a temporary increase in the vegetable nitrate content, presumably in the inner parts of the vegetable. With further boiling to fifteen minutes the plant tissues were entirely softened and the resulting cellular breakdown then increased the rate of nitrate release in to the cooking water."

"With cabbage and leek the plant tissues initially were more delicate and therefore more rapidly vulnerable to heat penetration and softening. Hence, in this case the rate of nitrate release into the cooking water was generally more progressive."

Unfortunately you'll lose various nutrients as well, but if the goal is minimizing nitrate exposure while getting enough vit K for example, this might be helpful.​

upload_2019-1-9_12-15-36.png

"Since the maximum WHO recommended levels for nitrate-nitrogen in potable water is 11.2 mcg/cm³ these results indicate that the use of vegetable cooking water for stews, sauces, soups and gravies might be regarded with some caution especially for babies and young children, achlorhydria cases and other possibly susceptible persons (8)."

"The wider issues regarding the excessive use of nitrate fertilisers for the growth of vegetables and the need to apply the legal limits already in operation in Switzerland and Holland have been discussed elsewhere (9, 10)."​

Wagner, after this, I had to stop sambing to type you a message and you hold your fondue for a moment to read my great year wishes for you!

Vinero

View attachment 11796

"With celery, spring greens and turnip the rise in nitrate content in the vegetable tissue after five minutes boiling was considered due to the relatively tough cellular structure of these plant tissues. Initially this toughness retarded heat penetration but five minutes boiling was sufficient apparently, to release some nitrate held intersititially in the surface plant tissues. This was accompanied by a temporary increase in the vegetable nitrate content, presumably in the inner parts of the vegetable. With further boiling to fifteen minutes the plant tissues were entirely softened and the resulting cellular breakdown then increased the rate of nitrate release in to the cooking water."

"With cabbage and leek the plant tissues initially were more delicate and therefore more rapidly vulnerable to heat penetration and softening. Hence, in this case the rate of nitrate release into the cooking water was generally more progressive."

Unfortunately you'll lose various nutrients as well, but if the goal is minimizing nitrate exposure while getting enough vit K for example, this might be helpful.​
View attachment 11797

"Since the maximum WHO recommended levels for nitrate-nitrogen in potable water is 11.2 mcg/cm³ these results indicate that the use of vegetable cooking water for stews, sauces, soups and gravies might be regarded with some caution especially for babies and young children, achlorhydria cases and other possibly susceptible persons (8)."

"The wider issues regarding the excessive use of nitrate fertilisers for the growth of vegetables and the need to apply the legal limits already in operation in Switzerland and Holland have been discussed elsewhere (9, 10)."​
Wagner, after this, I had to stop sambing to type you a message and you hold your fondue for a moment to read my great year wishes for you!
Do you happen to eat any cheese? Almost all cheeses in the Netherlands have added sodium nitrate (E251), if you look at the label. It is almost impossible to find a low-fat cheese without E251. I would limit the amount of cheese you eat to no more than a few slices. Try to drink more milk to get a high amount of calcium.

Amazoniac

Do you happen to eat any cheese? Almost all cheeses in the Netherlands have added sodium nitrate (E251), if you look at the label. It is almost impossible to find a low-fat cheese without E251. I would limit the amount of cheese you eat to no more than a few slices. Try to drink more milk to get a high amount of calcium.
Thank you for the consideration, but I'm done with this country. Moving to.. [. . . Brewing world map and running finger over it for selection . . .] ZimbabwNo, Uganda. That's it: Uganda. People in a glimpse might think that I'm in 'Us and a' but in fact it's 'Ug and a'. [: idi!]

Goodbye Vinero, it was a nice stay but it's time for me to depart. I'll be getting rid of our weird familiar feeling of not knowing if people are drawn to us because of our charisma or because of our nationality.

Regarding sodium nitrate, perhaps it's possible to reduce a great deal of it if you soak and strain it multiple times. It's 'very soluble in water'.

Dutchao/Peace.

Last edited:

Vinero

Thank you for the consideration, but I'm done with this country. Moving to.. [. . . Brewing world map and running finger over it for selection . . .] ZimbabwNo, Uganda. That's it: Uganda. People in a glimpse might think that I'm in 'Us and a' but in fact it's 'Ug and a'. [: idi!]

Goodbye Vinero, it was a nice stay but it's time for me to depart. I'll be getting rid of our weird familiar feeling of not knowing if people are drawn to us because of our charisma or because of our nationality.

Regarding sodium nitrate, perhaps it's possible to reduce a great deal of it if you soak and strain it multiple times. It's 'very soluble in water'.

Dutchao/Peace.
I support you in leaving The Netherlands as it is at sea level so unfortunately we tend to slightly hyperventilate all the time. If you are a real Ray Peat Disciple you will want to maximize your C02 levels and go to Mexico, Peru, Spain, Austria or other high elevation country. I am not sure if fresh orange juice and milk are available in Zimbabwe or Uganda.

Wagner83

View attachment 11796

View attachment 11797

Happy new year man.

As I said somewhere else I experienced issues from daily beet greens and their broth, unfortunately it's not only about fertilizers. Ham and similar types of meats very often have nitrates added to them, same as poor cheeses from the Netherlands.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals