Nigella Sativa, Only PUFA I Consume With Bliss

SOMO

You guys know there ARE other Quinones out there that don't come pre-packaged with PUFA?

There is nothing unique or special about this black seed oil.
It's a gimmick and trend, like hemp seeds or CBD oil.

Jam

You guys know there ARE other Quinones out there that don't come pre-packaged with PUFA?

There is nothing unique or special about this black seed oil.
It's a gimmick and trend, like hemp seeds or CBD oil.
The quinones are definitely not identical. They do share some common base properties, but each have distinct, unique effects, depending on their chemical structure. Furthermore, the herbs that contain them also contain other biologically active substances. For instance, both Cascara Sagrada and Pau D'Arco contain quinones (including lapachol, beta-lapachone, and emodin), and while they do share some common basic properties, they are not at all identical, as I'm sure you know. Finally, the amount of PUFA in 1/2 a teaspoon of Nigella Sativa oil is irrelevant.

Last edited:

Ismail

The quinones are definitely not identical. They do share some common base properties, but each have distinct, unique effects, depending on their chemical structure. Furthermore, the herbs that contain them also contain other biologically active substances. For instance, both Cascara Sagrada and Pau D'Arco contain quinones (including lapachol, beta-lapachone, and emodin), and while they do share some common basic properties, they are not at all identical, as I'm sure you know. Finally, the amount of PUFA in 1/2 a teaspoon of Nigella Sativa oil is irrelevant.
Well said ?

B

Braveheart

Just started my daughter on the seed/honey combo to eradicate her H-Pylori

Dr. B

Searched for synergy and found this: Comparative efficacy of ivermectin and Nigella sativa against helminths in Aseel chickens (Gallus gallus domesticus) - PubMed

Not meant as an endorsement of IVM but interesting to read.
Just started my daughter on the seed/honey combo to eradicate her H-Pylori
does the oil work, 500mg of oil
theblessedseed sells a good product
life extensions BSO is organic but seems to have odd effects like stomach bloating and water retention...
blessedseed has a dark amber color oil whereas LE is a golden color...
oil would lack the fiber and proteins in the seeds... not sure if thats good or bad if youre chewing the seeds thoroughly anyway

bagotage

I just tried the honey and seeds mixture, it's yummy.

ironfist

I am using black seed oil. I have been taking 1 half to 1 tsp per day.

I emailed life extension a while back and asked about the amount of thymoquinone in thymocid because it wasn't listed. They told me 0.1 to 0.2% per batch.

So a 500mg pill has .5mg?

I remember finding on a website that 20-38mg per day is a benefit. Not .5mg.

There is a definite enhancement in cheer. I've been feeling good without knowing why. Similar to when I take ginseng and Royal jelly together, but not ginseng alone.

Aby_2021

Not sure if this thread is still active, but I came across this study recently

"N. sativa seed oil two times a day for 8 weeks lowered fasting blood cholesterol, LDL, TG, glucose, and HbA1C levels considerably [44]. Furthermore, obese women who took 3 g of N. sativa seed oil every day for two months saw a substantial reduction in TG, VLDL, weight, and waist circumference [45]."

Charais

Thanks Aby_2021 for the study. I'm going to add N. sativa to my bio hack routine and see what happens

Aby_2021

Thanks Aby_2021 for the study. I'm going to add N. sativa to my bio hack routine and see what happens
That's great

I've recently started N. Sativa seeds (not oil). Will reports back in few days if I notice any major benefits

Dr. B

I used to use it religiously, one tablespoon daily which i think is 5 grams? I found that with certain brands I would quickly lose a few pounds of weight and stay that way whereas if I changed to a different brand the few pounds weight would come back. So it was doing something to the water balance and overall look of the body. Also it could be related to pesticides in the seeds? Is there a risk of pesticides to nigella sativa raw seeds?
It definitely had to do with flavor too though.

The ones that caused the few pounds of weight loss, would give a certain burning sensation when chewing and swallowing them. You could feel a mild burning that lingered in the throat for a while after eating them. The other ones didnt have the same burning effect or flavor. I think the burning ones must have had more of the nutrients or thymoquinone.

Would the oil capsules/oil be safer from a pesticide herbicide perspective? If the seeds are directly sprayed with pesticides that cant be safe. Whereas with the oil, the seed shells are filtered out. I have been using 500mg of theblessedseed brands strong BSO oil daily for a few years.

Although theyve been changing it around too… so for like the first 8 months this year i stopped using it.
Their bso used to have a really dark amber red color in 2019 through 2021… then mid 2022 it suddenly became a light honey brown color… now 2023 it again changed and is like a halfway red brown color… but not the super dark amber red color it used to be. I do think that super dark amber oil was stronger or better than the current oil. Im not sure what exactly theyve changed in their processing that causes the oil to be lighter in color. They deny the color or darkness having any association with quality or strength.

Charais

Got mine yesterday. Super dark, practically black. Chewing them you can def taste a thymol flavor. Prefer just swallowing but I assume they won't get processed and will go out the way they came in if I don't masticate well. I'll try for a bit and see what happens.

Ismail

Got mine yesterday. Super dark, practically black. Chewing them you can def taste a thymol flavor. Prefer just swallowing but I assume they won't get processed and will go out the way they came in if I don't masticate well. I'll try for a bit and see what happens.
Please keep us updated on your progress, thanks.

Mossy

I've jumped on the nigella sativa bandwagon, in the hope of helping my thyroid, apart from taking a thyroid supplement.

And it's just as @Dr. B describes:
The ones that caused the few pounds of weight loss, would give a certain burning sensation when chewing and swallowing them. You could feel a mild burning that lingered in the throat for a while after eating them.

I just went for it, and put half a teaspoon worth (2.5g) in my mouth and chewed them up well; I then chased then with a half a glass of milk and a drink of soda. Even with those chasers I got that effect Dr. B describes. I will have to work on lessening that.

Ismail

I've jumped on the nigella sativa bandwagon, in the hope of helping my thyroid, apart from taking a thyroid supplement.

And it's just as @Dr. B describes:

I just went for it, and put half a teaspoon worth (2.5g) in my mouth and chewed them up well; I then chased then with a half a glass of milk and a drink of soda. Even with those chasers I got that effect Dr. B describes. I will have to work on lessening that.
I put the seeds in a coffee grinder and then put them into capsules and swallow.

The burning sensation in the throat lingers too long for my liking, and it makes me feel similar to how one feels at the onset of a cold or the flu.

Perhaps chewing is the best way to get the most benefit, but the burning sensation doesn’t sit well with me.

Mossy

I put the seeds in a coffee grinder and then put them into capsules and swallow.

The burning sensation in the throat lingers too long for my liking, and it makes me feel similar to how one feels at the onset of a cold or the flu.

Perhaps chewing is the best way to get the most benefit, but the burning sensation doesn’t sit well with me.
Good idea about putting the seeds into a capsule. Now to determine what the benefit trade off is, capsule vs chew.