Nicotine [Through A Peat Prism?]

Broken man

Ray wrote me this: Any kind of smoke, apart from nicotine, is harmful. I think nicotine used transdermally, such as a nicotine patch, wouldn’t be harmful to use to reduce inflammation. It used to be compounded with nux vomica and cascara sagrada to use orally to stimulate the intestine

thms

Good to read about the benefits of nicotine, ive used nicotine patches in the past and felt really good on them, also very focussed and overall happy..

used them for a couple of months

want to start again for some months but i had a really really hard time quitting the patches and the withdrawl was almost too hard to handle..

any tips for reducing withdrawl? i have to take a week of work to stop using because i get in a really depressed state..

thanks

Jsaute21

Good to read about the benefits of nicotine, ive used nicotine patches in the past and felt really good on them, also very focussed and overall happy..

used them for a couple of months

want to start again for some months but i had a really really hard time quitting the patches and the withdrawl was almost too hard to handle..

any tips for reducing withdrawl? i have to take a week of work to stop using because i get in a really depressed state..

thanks

I am a huge nicotine guy as well. If you eat to support a healthy metabolism, the withdrawl should be fairly minimal. In fact, i typically crave a nicotine pouch after my first meal. However, if i consume enough OJ with my first meal, there is essentially no need for the nicotine. I barely feel a buzz from it and it sometimes results in too many bowel movements.

If one doesn't eat enough good carbhohydrates, the withdrawl is going to be brutal.

thms

I am a huge nicotine guy as well. If you eat to support a healthy metabolism, the withdrawl should be fairly minimal. In fact, i typically crave a nicotine pouch after my first meal. However, if i consume enough OJ with my first meal, there is essentially no need for the nicotine. I barely feel a buzz from it and it sometimes results in too many bowel movements.

If one doesn't eat enough good carbhohydrates, the withdrawl is going to be brutal.
dont you feel the dopamine buzz of it at all?

why are you taking it? purely for the metabolic boost?

I lost a lot of weight (fat) when i was using the patches.. felt really good overall

when stopping i was in a really black depressed state for 1-2 weeks

Jsaute21

dont you feel the dopamine buzz of it at all?

why are you taking it? purely for the metabolic boost?

I lost a lot of weight (fat) when i was using the patches.. felt really good overall

when stopping i was in a really black depressed state for 1-2 weeks

I do definitely feel a significant uptick in libido from it. Almost annoying tbh. Refractory period is different than not on it. Other than that, i don't feel too much other than metabolism boost now that i am pretty healthy. I think the majority of my friends that chew or use tobacco are very hyper metabolic, and need the boost. You will notice as you improve your metabolism, you will need or use it less. I do find it to be a good weight maintenance tool, much like you said however. As @Westside PUFAs has intelligently said, it is not good to rely on stimulants for performance however.

I would also suggest that you taper off patches when you feel you are abusing them. No need to go cold turkey, also no need to abuse in the first place. I only chew in a slightly abusive state when I drink, which is pretty rare.

thms

I do definitely feel a significant uptick in libido from it. Almost annoying tbh. Refractory period is different than not on it. Other than that, i don't feel too much other than metabolism boost now that i am pretty healthy. I think the majority of my friends that chew or use tobacco are very hyper metabolic, and need the boost. You will notice as you improve your metabolism, you will need or use it less. I do find it to be a good weight maintenance tool, much like you said however. As @Westside PUFAs has intelligently said, it is not good to rely on stimulants for performance however.

I would also suggest that you taper off patches when you feel you are abusing them. No need to go cold turkey, also no need to abuse in the first place. I only chew in a slightly abusive state when I drink, which is pretty rare.

thanks man this makes sense to me

any tips to quit the pathces? i am really sensitive to addictions sad enough

ilikecats

Smokings probably better than vaping, but smoking is still bad for you. Besides the unknown long term effects of vaping vape juice, you’re going to probably be inhaling some plastic and aluminum due to the fact that the parts that they use to make the coil and chamber are made out of those

Jsaute21

thanks man this makes sense to me

any tips to quit the pathces? i am really sensitive to addictions sad enough

Quick Edit. I said hyper metabolic above. I meant hypo metabolic. It sounds like you need to work on your dopamine stores. Eating better, drinking good quality coffee or espresso should help. You come from a bodybuilding background right? Some substances that i dabble with occasionally for a metabolism boost are below. More important than any of them is eating enough, and eating well though.

Diamant
Androsterone
Cynomel/Cynoplus
Taurine
Gelatin
General Snus Pouch (Propene Glycol Free Brand.)
Caffeine Pills with no fillers

thms

Quick Edit. I said hyper metabolic above. I meant hypo metabolic. It sounds like you need to work on your dopamine stores. Eating better, drinking good quality coffee or espresso should help. You come from a bodybuilding background right? Some substances that i dabble with occasionally for a metabolism boost are below. More important than any of them is eating enough, and eating well though.

Diamant
Androsterone
Cynomel/Cynoplus
Taurine
Gelatin
General Snus Pouch (Propene Glycol Free Brand.)
Caffeine Pills with no fillers

Thanks man, yes dopamine is a huge thing for me

struggeling with addictions is always been a thing for me

i come from a bodybuilding background of training daily.. since cutting down volume kept all my lean mass and my hair got so much better

thinking about starting patches to lose some fat but afraid that i will be hooked for life again.....

Jsaute21

Awesome thanks man
Thanks man, yes dopamine is a huge thing for me

struggeling with addictions is always been a thing for me

i come from a bodybuilding background of training daily.. since cutting down volume kept all my lean mass and my hair got so much better

thinking about starting patches to lose some fat but afraid that i will be hooked for life again.....

First off, congrats on your hair getting better. I remember you posting a while back, and it seems like you have made great improvement so do not lose sight of that. Secondly, Peat's ideals do increase dopamine. I imagine your dopamine has improved since you discovered his nutritional strategies.

You should not be taking nicotine just to lose fat IMO. I use Nicotine for cognitive reasons, mostly related to work. There are better ways to lose fat, such as eating lower fat, making sure you eat enough protein etc. Addiction is a complicated thing, and i am someone who is fortunately blessed with the ability to not get overly hooked on things. However, i do advise you to alter your mindset that a substance like nicotine owns you. You own it, just like you own the rest of your life. No man should be weak enough to get hooked for life on anything.

X3CyO

Smoking is good for you! - Lifestyle

Posting as to not lose this little gold mine.

Maybe a better option than ecigs would be vaporization of tobacco itself/ utilization of cigars/pipe instead of commercial cigarettes.

Or mucosal absorption vs lungs.

I wonder if all this recent antismoking stuff is to keep poor people from using the things that make their crappy lives work until a better environment is established. Not as beneficial as coffee from what I understand, but used for similar reasons.

An anecdote on a friend I know who is poor who smokes and drinks coffee is that he is also one of the most precocious and confident out of all my other less financially fortunate friends.
Same goes for another who recently started pounding energy drinks the past few years and has improved his state of living to a much larger degree in comparison to others who dont. Just a correlation i like to think ive noticed.

Personally nicotine by itself causes me to sweat profusely and causes emotional instability. Primarily anger, and a unique surge of social anxiety/ awkwardness.

Quite opposite to tobacco.
Similar could be said about using caffiene vs coffee where I tend to get a unique anxiety/overstimulated feeling much different from the dulling effect of drinking too much coffee without carbohydrate.

The isolated compounds definitely have their place in lower concentrations though. Redbull has always been great, but coke and added sugar... idk. Its good to see it working for other people though.

Anecdotally a relative recently developed pneumonia a while back after switching over to e-cigs; im curious if it has something to do with that.

Just as a heads up, im still pretty sure smoking and inhalation into the lungs is much different than many other methods.
Just like how id think smoking coffee is bad, but the roasted qualities are where a lot of the benefits are found.
Oral consumption of tobacco is not the awnser either.

Glassy

Nicotine is very irritating to the lungs and for some reason when it’s in tobacco it irritates in a different kind of way. Most first time smokers also cough. I noticed this when I tried those nicotine inhalers and coughing is pretty much an immediate for any smoker vaping for the first time.

Breathing vaporised Propylene Glycol & Vegetable Glycerin may not be entirely safe but I’d wager it’s less damaging than breathing in freshly burnt tobacco smoke. I used to be out of breath walking up a flight of steps and exercise of any sort was not an option. I’ve been vaping for over 2 years consuming 60-80mg nicotine per day and bounce up long flights of steps without being even slightly out of breath (nose breathing of course). I buy 200mg/ml nicotine concentrate and mix my own fluid into a 12mg/ml solution very carefully.