Nicotine Reduces Erectile Response In Nonsmoking Males

TubZy

I've always handled caffeine well; 5+ coffees per day, no anxiety. I get hypoglycemia symptoms no matter how often I eat, but I have to say that I don't think the nicotine anxiety was from hypoglycemia because it was more of a low-level anxiety that persisted throughout the day regardless of other symptoms. What dose of niacinamide did you take?

I use 500mg whenever I take caffeine. It helps shut down cortisol/adrenaline response and provides GABA agonism. Theanine could also be used or glycine/gelatin too. I read that nicotine can increase glutamate so theanine might be best.

I'm curious on @haidut 's view regarding nicotine/smoking. I know he is European so he at least had to smoke at some point in his life lol...

haidut

Forum Supporter
I use 500mg whenever I take caffeine. It helps shut down cortisol/adrenaline response and provides GABA agonism. Theanine could also be used or glycine/gelatin too. I read that nicotine can increase glutamate so theanine might be best.

I'm curious on @haidut 's view regarding nicotine/smoking. I know he is European so he at least had to smoke at some point in his life lol...

I think smoking and coffee/caffeine are the poor-men stress protectors used so commonly in...well, stressed, poor countries. Nicotine is the equivalent of the banned performance drugs clenbuterol/salbutamol, while caffeine ramps up metabolism but also is a nicotine-receptor antagonist, so it probably mitigates some of nicotine's excitotoxicity in higher doses. I have smoked occasionally in the past, but just for fun as I do not like the taste much and was a college athlete when I came over to the USA so smoking was not really an option. But in a suboptimal environment with a lot of stress, the smoking and caffeine can probably mitigate the damage stress does. Coffee can probably do it on its own, but smoking has social benefits that are hard to deny. Socializing is a great tool against stress and smoking arguably creates a stronger bond between fellow smokers than coffee, especially now that it is stigmatized.

TubZy

I think smoking and coffee/caffeine are the poor-men stress protectors used so commonly in...well, stressed, poor countries. Nicotine is the equivalent of the banned performance drugs clenbuterol/salbutamol, while caffeine ramps up metabolism but also is a nicotine-receptor antagonist, so it probably mitigates some of nicotine's excitotoxicity in higher doses. I have smoked occasionally in the past, but just for fun as I do not like the taste much and was a college athlete when I came over to the USA so smoking was not really an option. But in a suboptimal environment with a lot of stress, the smoking and caffeine can probably mitigate the damage stress does. Coffee can probably do it on its own, but smoking has social benefits that are hard to deny. Socializing is a great tool against stress and smoking arguably creates a stronger bond between fellow smokers than coffee, especially now that it is stigmatized.

So you think nicotine on its own is safer than cigarettes/smoking right? Lol "college athlete", I used to play soccer with all the international students (European, Asian etc.) weekly and those guys used to smoke like chimneys (even at half time) which I was always laughing at lol. The excitotoxicity from nicotine is from the raise in glutamate right? At least that is what some of the research say, that nicotine raises both glutamate and GABA.

Im just gonna take a whack at each of those but it could be something else; These are just based off me.

1) Stress hormones; adrenaline, and a depressent effect of tobacco amplified due to lack of adequate glycogen.

2) Thyroid speeding up and thus androgen production goes up.

Kind of like how coffee is a stressor without being paired with food.

3) Could be a symptom of withdrawl if you use chronically or acutely.
If thats the case thats what happens to me sometimes. Ive never actually had a craving for cigarettes during those periods of time though so idk.

That makes sense. Yes I use it chronically. Gonna take a break and see what happens.

TubZy

Tobacco smoking interferes with GABAA receptor neuroadaptations during prolonged alcohol withdrawal

Alcohol dependence and tobacco smoking are highly comorbid. Although continued smoking during alcohol withdrawal may reduce relapse risk, most of the morbidity associated with alcohol dependence is due to tobacco smoking and many individuals in alcohol treatment express a desire to quit smoking. We conducted a parallel study in alcohol-dependent humans and nonhuman primates to identify the impact of tobacco smoke and nicotine on the neuroadaptations in the GABA-ergic system that occur during alcohol withdrawal. Our findings show that tobacco smoking, but not nicotine consumption, blocks the recovery of GABAA receptors during extended alcohol withdrawal and that sustained elevations in GABAA receptor levels in alcohol-dependent smokers are associated with alcohol and cigarette cravings, possibly contributing to continued smoking.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Obviously you haven't priced good quality cigars lately, LOL.

True, I should have said cigarette smoking even though there are expensive cigarettes as well.

Repas du soir

I have smoked occasionally in the past

I sometimes feel like I missed out on testosterone/DHT gainz by not smoking through puberty. I might be wrong though.

Why did men in the past seem so much more masculine? Does it have more to do with diet and environment, or does nicotine usage play a part?

haidut

Forum Supporter
I sometimes feel like I missed out on testosterone/DHT gainz by not smoking through puberty. I might be wrong though.

Why did men in the past seem so much more masculine? Does it have more to do with diet and environment, or does nicotine usage play a part?

I think a combination of these is at play. More purpose in life, less endocrine disruptors, stronger family/friendship ties, better food, nicotine and good quality alcohol, etc all contribute to a well-rounded individual.

Momado965

I think a combination of these is at play. More purpose in life, less endocrine disruptors, stronger family/friendship ties, better food, nicotine and good quality alcohol, etc all contribute to a well-rounded individual.

What do you think is the best thing to do to combat indocrine disruptors?

haidut

Forum Supporter

Repas du soir

With this, vaping nicotine (Whole Tobacco Alkaloids, it includes myosmine, nornicotine, anabasine etc.) probably causes this, but pipe tobacco seems to enhance my... performance. The same substance is likely completely different if the route of administration is slower and calmer than the immediate effects of lung absorption.

What do you think about snus? Do you take pipe smoke into your lungs?