Nicotine dramatically lowering heart rate

aquila2009

What physiologically would explain a drop in heart rate from 85 to 50-60 immediately following a large dose of nicotine from tobacco?

ww3not4me

Well not everyone responds to every drug, chemical, nutrient and food stuff identically. Anyone that confidently tells you they know for sure why on this site is either not as smart as they think they are or they trying to gain something from you.

Nicotine is a stimulant amongst other things. Baring disease states often blood pressure and pulse are opposites in how they freq. respond. For instance if I take my hypertension medicine it lowers my blood pressure a lot. As a side effect of lowering my blood pressure my resting pulse has to increase a lot. The nicotine could be increase the force of your hearts contractions and increasing ejection fraction. If that is the case your pulse would drop.

So if I do not take my hypertension drug which in my case is Valsartan my blood pressure will claim to say 143 or 93 and my pulse will be 66 beats a minute. If I take my medicine it brings my blood pressure down to 115/73 but my resting pulse will now be 76-88 beats a minute.

This is at a constant level of O2 in my blood.

In my youth I could take ECA stack for weight loss and energy and it did not make my heart race and did not give me the jitters it was just a large push of energy, focus and stamina. Instead it made me have to urinate a lot. I had a friend it made their heart race and gave them anxiety. When we ingest a substance we have no clue or control over were it goes in the body, how many receptors for it we have or what parts of our body have the most receptors for a given substance. This is why we have norms that we expect but we also have a long list of common and unusual effects.

We would have to hook you up to all kinds of equipment with lines and sensors surgically installed into your body and at some point after dosing you disect you to know for sure. That is why you see lab animals hooked up to such ghastly contraptions. Often in lab experiments as soon as they get the reaction they want they have to quickly kill the animal before the body has a chance to clear out the chemical and metabolites.

The above is an assumption on my part but I can not tell you it is a fact. When you look at most people if you give them a dose of cigarette to smoke between all of the chemicals released and the carbon monoxide from combustion you will see a rise in pulse and blood pressure and decrease in O2 in most individuals. In fact in research when they gave athletes just 1 cigarette to smoke their bloods ability to carry O2 and CO2 was impaired for something like 32 hour or 72 hours I just remember it had a 2 at the end and it was more than a day! I stopped smoking 25 years ago. When my wife came home from work that day she told me she was 1 month pregnant. I stopped that day and was at that point a 3 pack a day smoker at 24 years old!

When you look at caffeine some people get diarrhea, some a racing heart, some high blood pressure, some get agitated, some have to urinate a lot and some like me get none of that. I do not get any negative effects from it until I approach levels that are almost toxic and then it is really bad. I gave up all caffeine for 3 months once and not only did it not improve my sleep but nothing else improved at all either. We do not all fit into a common box just because of norms. Just like some people can quite smoking with zero withdrawal symptoms it is widely known but not common.

I would recommend you do not smoke it is a bad habit and an expensive habit. I will say this bradycardia low pulse is often associated with people that vape.

P.S. If your resting pulse is 85 you might want to take up some exercise like brisk walking. That is pretty high for a resting pulse rate.

PeskyPeater

aha I used snuff but never gave me lowered heartrate. I was thinking that vaping it could be the issue, but alas, then it remains a mystery to me.

JamesGatz

I would say it's due to raising DHT too high - DHT does have a vasoconstrictive effect on the blood, but moderate amounts feels perfect in that you feel very chill/laid-back and low-stress.

But when DHT is too high it feels uncomfortable, blood flow feels like it gets too slow and you begin to feel lazy and loaf around.

When this occurs, I taper off with Progesterone - this will bring that blood pressure/flow, energetic state right back.

youngsinatra

Nicotine is very pro-acetylcholine, which lowers heart rate significantly.

PeskyPeater

I find it strange. When I vape nicotine it will increase my heart rate, if I do my best, up to 100 BPM b/c of increased epinephine.

I think, when someones heart rate at rest is already high from stress and epinephrine, the HPA axis might me overactive and taking nicotine could lower it's activity and eventually calm the heartrate.

PeskyPeater

Are you regular user of nicotine? Maybe this helps:

The endocrine effects of nicotine and cigarette smoke

1647248676635.png

noodlecat

Well not everyone responds to every drug, chemical, nutrient and food stuff identically. Anyone that confidently tells you they know for sure why on this site is either not as smart as they think they are or they trying to gain something from you.

Nicotine is a stimulant amongst other things. Baring disease states often blood pressure and pulse are opposites in how they freq. respond. For instance if I take my hypertension medicine it lowers my blood pressure a lot. As a side effect of lowering my blood pressure my resting pulse has to increase a lot. The nicotine could be increase the force of your hearts contractions and increasing ejection fraction. If that is the case your pulse would drop.

So if I do not take my hypertension drug which in my case is Valsartan my blood pressure will claim to say 143 or 93 and my pulse will be 66 beats a minute. If I take my medicine it brings my blood pressure down to 115/73 but my resting pulse will now be 76-88 beats a minute.

This is at a constant level of O2 in my blood.

In my youth I could take ECA stack for weight loss and energy and it did not make my heart race and did not give me the jitters it was just a large push of energy, focus and stamina. Instead it made me have to urinate a lot. I had a friend it made their heart race and gave them anxiety. When we ingest a substance we have no clue or control over were it goes in the body, how many receptors for it we have or what parts of our body have the most receptors for a given substance. This is why we have norms that we expect but we also have a long list of common and unusual effects.

We would have to hook you up to all kinds of equipment with lines and sensors surgically installed into your body and at some point after dosing you disect you to know for sure. That is why you see lab animals hooked up to such ghastly contraptions. Often in lab experiments as soon as they get the reaction they want they have to quickly kill the animal before the body has a chance to clear out the chemical and metabolites.

The above is an assumption on my part but I can not tell you it is a fact. When you look at most people if you give them a dose of cigarette to smoke between all of the chemicals released and the carbon monoxide from combustion you will see a rise in pulse and blood pressure and decrease in O2 in most individuals. In fact in research when they gave athletes just 1 cigarette to smoke their bloods ability to carry O2 and CO2 was impaired for something like 32 hour or 72 hours I just remember it had a 2 at the end and it was more than a day! I stopped smoking 25 years ago. When my wife came home from work that day she told me she was 1 month pregnant. I stopped that day and was at that point a 3 pack a day smoker at 24 years old!

When you look at caffeine some people get diarrhea, some a racing heart, some high blood pressure, some get agitated, some have to urinate a lot and some like me get none of that. I do not get any negative effects from it until I approach levels that are almost toxic and then it is really bad. I gave up all caffeine for 3 months once and not only did it not improve my sleep but nothing else improved at all either. We do not all fit into a common box just because of norms. Just like some people can quite smoking with zero withdrawal symptoms it is widely known but not common.

I would recommend you do not smoke it is a bad habit and an expensive habit. I will say this bradycardia low pulse is often associated with people that vape.

P.S. If your resting pulse is 85 you might want to take up some exercise like brisk walking. That is pretty high for a resting pulse rate.
ray says a resting pilse of around 85 can be quite healthy

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals