Nicotine Caused Females To Behave Like Males

Drareg

Conterversial study.
It appears nicotine self administration modifies the female type approach strategy to solving problems.
It's interesting to note how a substance can modify/adapt behaviour like this under stress, a better adaptive substance may be available, the female type strategy may lead to world peace!!

"Nicotine supported acquisition and rats increased their nicotine intake during WM testing; this effect was more pronounced in male rats with minimum nicotine preference and intake. Furthermore, nicotine modified the "female type" strategy in solving the place-learning task and nicotine treated female rats, unlike control females, behaved like males".

Nicotine intake and problem solving strategies are modified during a cognitively demanding water maze task in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Dopamine

This is largely your own interpretation of the study... What was the "female type" strategy demonstrated in the study (I'm assuming you don't have access to the full text)? Maybe the "female type" strategy was detrimental to escaping the maze... maybe they just sat down and did nothing... therefore adopting the maze escape proficiency of the males would be useful and demonstrate increased learning. If the males were better at solving the maze then the females- for the females to adopt the males strategy would show enhanced learning and adaptation. You really can't conclude anything from this study especially without seeing the full text.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

This is largely your own interpretation of the study... What was the "female type" strategy demonstrated in the study (I'm assuming you don't have access to the full text)? Maybe the "female type" strategy was detrimental to escaping the maze... maybe they just sat down and did nothing... therefore adopting the maze escape proficiency of the males would be useful and demonstrate increased learning. If the males were better at solving the maze then the females- for the females to adopt the males strategy would show enhanced learning and adaptation. You really can't conclude anything from this study especially without seeing the full text.

No it's the studies conclusions. Your now offering your own opinion.
Anybody starting a thread generally offers an opinion.

dookie

Nicotine is androgenic, and a pretty well-established aromatase inhibitor. Maybe that's why?

Dopamine

Nicotine is androgenic, and a pretty well-established aromatase inhibitor. Maybe that's why?

It lowers estrogen but it's not going to send your testosterone levels through the roof and make women grow mustaches lol. It's not going to make women "masculine." Coffee is also androgenic.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

OP
Drareg

Drareg

It lowers estrogen but it's not going to send your testosterone levels through the roof and make women grow mustaches lol. It's not going to make women "masculine." Coffee is also androgenic.

You would need research for this or its just your opinion.

postman

The idea that you can't see sarcasm and exclamation marks is laughable at best.

Whenever you have something to bring to the thread for big boys and girls ,feel free to chime in.
You can't detect sarcasm from text. Just because you put two exclamations marks doesn't mean it's sarcasm, lol.

I brought the full study. Why don't you go read it?

Dopamine

You would need research for this or its just your opinion.

What research do you want?

Step 1: find female smoker
Step 2: investigate upper lip for mustache
Result?

You know I posted studies showing nicotine's effects on estrogen, testosterone, and progesterone in my thread "nicotine through a peat prism," I don't need to repost those.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

You can't detect sarcasm from text. Just because you put two exclamations marks doesn't mean it's sarcasm, lol.

I brought the full study. Why don't you go read it?

I can detect it from the text particularly when the thread starts with controversial, you not being able is just you being you.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

What research do you want?

Step 1: find female smoker
Step 2: investigate upper lip for mustache
Result?

You know I posted studies showing nicotine's effects on estrogen, testosterone, and progesterone in my thread "nicotine through a peat prism," I don't need to repost those.

Another poor strawman being created.

We already discussed effects on the forum, unfortunately you won't be getting a gold star this time.
This study was posted for everyone on the forum, it's not specifically for you.