Nicotinamide Raises GH And Prolactin

DaveFoster

You know the old proverb " do not attribute to malice that which can be attributed to..." - in my case being busy with other stuff? Just because somebody does not respond instantaneously to the latest "look, Peat is wrong!" study does not mean they are busy coming up with ways to swindle you. Instead of accusing people of misdeeds maybe you should have actually read the study and found out what it says inside.
Nicotinamide Raises GH And Prolactin
giphy.gif

Kunder

Kyle's rules of biomedical science:
1) no one ever reads the studies they comment on

Actually as a matter of general principle, I only read comments that comment on the original study’s comments. That way I feel I’m getting the most refined and filtered out information. And it is also very time efficient.

Of course i do read the study’s title, and if incomprehensible, the title of the thread posting it. I feel I’m covered.

YourUniverse

This came up in I think it was the @Travis corner thread; niacin, niacinamide supplementation can spare it's own need to be produced from tryptophan, leaving more tryptophan able to go down the serotonin path. That was the jist of it iirc, makes sense to me at least.
Whether any particular person would actually get higher serotonin levels as a result of supplementing niacinamide would then depend on a few different factors.
Im confused here, because Peat says FFA divert excess tryptophan away from niacin synthesis and into serotonin synthesis but that niacinamide blocks FFA (and thus increases niacin synthesis from tryptophan...?)
"Niacinamide, used in moderate doses, can safely help to restrain the excessive production of free fatty acids, and also helps to limit the wasteful conversion of glucose into fat. There is evidence that diabetics are chronically deficient in niacin. Excess fatty acids in the blood probably divert tryptophan from niacin synthesis into serotonin synthesis."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals