Niclosamide for fat loss/ uncoupling

sugarisgreat

Can you let us know any effects you have from this trial?
I am curious and tempted to try it too.

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

Can you let us know any effects you have from this trial?
I am curious and tempted to try it too.
Yes, I'll report back shortly after I start taking it. But that may not be for a couple weeks...it hasn't delivered yet...

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

This morning I took my first dose of niclosamide. A 500mg capsule. Within about half an hour I felt warm all over, almost sweaty under my arms. Euphoric, focused, amused, energetic but not jittery. A few hours later I felt very relaxed.

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

I am now taking 2 capsules a day, once in the morning, and once around 6pm. Makes me warm and cozy, not sweaty. Nothing like stimulant fat burners, but still lots of energy and focus. Great sleep. I was worried that taking it in the evening would disrupt my sleep but instead I think it made it better.

Another interesting note. I am not sure if it is just water or actual fat loss but all of my pants are loose. I think at this point it is probably just water weight but it's great to not have to deal with water retention. In the past I've noticed that if I have any sort of stress or if I'd been too active lately, I will have stress-related water retention.

I was reading about niclosamide online last night and apparently it has been associated with having antibacterial, anti-viral, and anti cancer qualities. Originally a drug to treat tapeworms, and even though it has been around for a long time, it is now enjoying new attention in these areas. So it could possibly also be helping my body get rid of negative endotoxin....

Perry Staltic

I am now taking 2 capsules a day, once in the morning, and once around 6pm. Makes me warm and cozy, not sweaty. Nothing like stimulant fat burners, but still lots of energy and focus. Great sleep. I was worried that taking it in the evening would disrupt my sleep but instead I think it made it better.

Another interesting note. I am not sure if it is just water or actual fat loss but all of my pants are loose. I think at this point it is probably just water weight but it's great to not have to deal with water retention. In the past I've noticed that if I have any sort of stress or if I'd been too active lately, I will have stress-related water retention.

I was reading about niclosamide online last night and apparently it has been associated with having antibacterial, anti-viral, and anti cancer qualities. Originally a drug to treat tapeworms, and even though it has been around for a long time, it is now enjoying new attention in these areas. So it could possibly also be helping my body get rid of negative endotoxin....

How was your experience dealing with Niclosam?

Hans

Forum Supporter

Do you keep your eye on the scale and taking tape measures?

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

Do you keep your eye on the scale and taking tape measures?
Tape measure, and my skinny jeans..... Already loose. These same pants were very tight when I was exercising more strenuously every day... keep in mind I am already quite lean at 128 lb, 5 foot 10 inches, so I don't have a lot of weight to lose. But looseness throughout my thighs and around my waist is welcome...
Makes my face feel pleasantly warm, lol

Mauritio

Tape measure, and my skinny jeans..... Already loose. These same pants were very tight when I was exercising more strenuously every day... keep in mind I am already quite lean at 128 lb, 5 foot 10 inches, so I don't have a lot of weight to lose. But looseness throughout my thighs and around my waist is welcome...
Makes my face feel pleasantly warm, lol
Do you experience any gut related side effects?I've read that some people experience constipation .

Also does niclosamide share the same uncoupling benefits as niclosamide ethanolamide (NEN)?

This sounds like it does

" ...the researchers fed niclosamide ethanolamine (NEN), an altered form of an already FDA-approved drug, to their animal subjects. Fat in the liver of both groups of rats decreased, indicating that the drug selectively targeted the liver. Because the original form of the drug functions by decoupling tapeworms’ mitochondria from their cells, the researchers thought it could serve the same function in rat cells. "

Mauritio

When fed to already diabetic mice it actually increases body weight (but still benefits the liver):
HED=1750mg
Screenshot_20211021-171527_Chrome.jpg

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

Do you experience any gut related side effects?I've read that some people experience constipation .

Also does niclosamide share the same uncoupling benefits as niclosamide ethanolamide (NEN)?

This sounds like it does

" ...the researchers fed niclosamide ethanolamine (NEN), an altered form of an already FDA-approved drug, to their animal subjects. Fat in the liver of both groups of rats decreased, indicating that the drug selectively targeted the liver. Because the original form of the drug functions by decoupling tapeworms’ mitochondria from their cells, the researchers thought it could serve the same function in rat cells. "
No constipation, but I think it's giving me gas and bloating towards the end of the day. I think this is due to the anti-microbial aspect. So I have taken a Tbsp of activated charcoal the last 3 days at 3pm, along with lots of water.

It seems to suppress appetite a bit...I feel full faster. Maybe that's just cause I'm full of gas, lol.?

Not sure if this is sustainable long-term. I definitely would not take it if I needed to show up in a bikini or fitted shirt...?

Mauritio

No constipation, but I think it's giving me gas and bloating towards the end of the day. I think this is due to the anti-microbial aspect. So I have taken a Tbsp of activated charcoal the last 3 days at 3pm, along with lots of water.

It seems to suppress appetite a bit...I feel full faster. Maybe that's just cause I'm full of gas, lol.?

Not sure if this is sustainable long-term. I definitely would not take it if I needed to show up in a bikini or fitted shirt...?
So it makes one go from fat to looking fat... great :D
Jk, but I find the anti-microbial effects quite interesting. As we know it has a strong anti-viral (covid) and anti-mollusc(tapeworm) effect, but it seems to have strong anti-bacterial effects as well.

Effective against H. Pylori
(Repurposing the anthelmintic drug niclosamide to combat Helicobacter pylori - PubMed)

Biofilm disruptor for S. Aureus and S.epidermis (and other bacteria)
(Repurposing niclosamide as a versatile antimicrobial surface coating against device-associated, hospital-acquired bacterial infections - PubMed)

Effective against anti-biotic resistant bacteria
(The Anthelmintic Drug Niclosamide Synergizes with Colistin and Reverses Colistin Resistance in Gram-Negative Bacilli - PubMed)

Perry Staltic

Not sure if this is sustainable long-term. I definitely would not take it if I needed to show up in a bikini or fitted shirt

Good to have around as a 3CLpro inhibitor. That's the enzyme that allows the famous virus to replicate.

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

Good to have around as a 3CLpro inhibitor. That's the enzyme that allows the famous virus to replicate.
Yes, potent anti-viral properties! I think that running the charcoal through once a day is grabbing the bacterial and viral wastes. Plus, my sleep has been AMAZING since I started Niclosamide a week ago- we're talking 9+hours, with only 1 pee break. Better than when I was taking 4 mg Cypro before bed....

I'm keeping my exercise moderate- walking my dog. Although yesterday I got in 18,000 steps, I am never breathless. And we are putting in new floors so I have been moving stuff around and staying on my feet and keeping busy most of the day

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

Just to clarify, it was not the Niclosamide after all that was causing the gas and bloating.... it was actually a lower-sugar jam that I was slathering on a bunch of stuff. Turns out it was full of erythritol, second ingredient! That stuff always messes with me and I'm surprised I didn't notice it sooner.

Anyways, no more gas and bloating. I'm still taking a capsule three times a day. Pants continue to feel looser and I am in my luteal phase now so I should be actually feeling fatter with water retention. But that is not happening so far Hallelujah.

Just for reference, I am a forty-three-year-old mom of four kids, I am 5 foot 10 and 128 lbs currently .... I will keep updating as I go along. So far I've been taking Niclosamide for 8 days... also with Ideal Labs pyrucet and Mildronate .... Getting that Randall cycling hard!! ?

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

So it makes one go from fat to looking fat... great :D
Jk, but I find the anti-microbial effects quite interesting. As we know it has a strong anti-viral (covid) and anti-mollusc(tapeworm) effect, but it seems to have strong anti-bacterial effects as well.

Effective against H. Pylori
(Repurposing the anthelmintic drug niclosamide to combat Helicobacter pylori - PubMed)

Biofilm disruptor for S. Aureus and S.epidermis (and other bacteria)
(Repurposing niclosamide as a versatile antimicrobial surface coating against device-associated, hospital-acquired bacterial infections - PubMed)

Effective against anti-biotic resistant bacteria
(The Anthelmintic Drug Niclosamide Synergizes with Colistin and Reverses Colistin Resistance in Gram-Negative Bacilli - PubMed)
Haha! Yeah it reminds me of that commercial that says, you're not fat, you are just bloated! Anyway, like I posted just now, the gas and bloating was actually from an erythritol sweetener Jam that I was overdoing. And I was also wondering if the Niclosamide could also uncouple the mitochondria in gram-negative bacteria? Do bacteria even have mitochondria? Because I know that's how Niclosamide kills tapeworms...

I have noticed that the skin on my face is very glowy and smooth lately

sweetpeat

So far I've been taking Niclosamide for 8 days... also with Ideal Labs pyrucet and Mildronate
Do you mean you're taking all three currently? Am I reading that right? Or maybe you mean you're cycling them? Just curious.