Nickel - Cause Of Hairloss - Chelator

Inaut

I’ve been doing some research on the type of eczema I have (dyshidrotic) and think I have narrowed down the cause of it. I think it’s nickel related.... Recently I started binging on chocolate and it coincided with my eczema and allergy reaction. I’ve also noticed more hair loss during this time. While googling I came across a few different sources stating that nickel was the cause for mpb, cancer etc. Now I know it’s far more complex than just nickel (as PUFA,lps, endotoxin etc are factors to consider). As an experiment though, I’d like to try something that chelates nickel. Any thoughts on this?
So far I’ve read about quercetin, l histidine and obviously avoiding nickel rich foods like chocolate, canned goods, beans and the like. What else can be used? Succinic acid or malic acid?

S-VV

You could use low dose EDTA or DMSA. I know people who swear by chelation therapy, and others who say that the compounds are toxic, chelate necessary micro minerals, and can actually redistributed the heavy metal load from fat stores to the nervous system.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
You could use low dose EDTA or DMSA. I know people who swear by chelation therapy, and others who say that the compounds are toxic, chelate necessary micro minerals, and can actually redistributed the heavy metal load from fat stores to the nervous system.
Be careful with EDTA, we are all exposed to mercury as well and then EDTA can backfire:

My son was exposed to nickel and had a severe allergic reaction, it was a dental stainless steel wire that his dentist put in his mouth to keep a gap from an extracted baby tooth open. I specifically asked the dentist if the wire contained nickel and he simply said 'No'. My son's tonsils deep in his throat (not the ones in the mouth) got inflamed and he had problems swallowing, we consulted TWO nose & throat doctors, they didn't have a clue. Then I became suspicious and on a check-up I asked the dentist for a sample of the wire, the container for this wire had it written all over it in different languages: 'Do not use in patients with nickel allergies'! I had the wire removed and went to a homeopathist here in Reno and gave her a sample of the wire, she put it into a glass vial, similar to the so-called 'nosodes' and she tested him, the needle of the electro-acupuncture device (Voll method) was hitting the upper limit. She used some remedies to desensitize him (German: 'ausleiten') and later we repeated that with homeopathic remedies we got in Germany.

Since then we were super careful with stainless steel, also jewelry made with stainless steel. Almost all stainless steel has nickel in it, so does stainless steel cookware. It is worse when new, by use it will 'pacify' but acidic food can leach it out. See below under 'Similar threads'! Teeth braces can contain nickel. I think nickel is also used as a catalyst in hydrogenated fats, or fractionated oils.

I once (in 2013) did a search on the web regarding chelation therapy, here is my collection attached in this document:

Attachments

• Zeta Potential, Hg & Al, Alzheimers.pdf
    215.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
OP
Inaut

Inaut

I was thinking about that wire I have in my mouth the other day actually .... Thanks @StephanF :!! )

Cloudhands

i had really bad dyshidrotic eczema last year from wearing nitrile gloves at work and using an automatic hot water kettle that had stainless steal at the bottom. I also found out that patients who took iron supplements in one study were cured from the eczema. Iron chelates nickel, and seeing as i had high nickel levels I believe that i was iron deficient. I started being more punctual about eating liver 2 times a week and oysters every day and my eczema healed.

LuMonty

I was thinking about that wire I have in my mouth the other day actually .... Thanks @StephanF :!! )
Is it a "permanent retainer?" I suppose it doesn't matter what it is specifically, but I had one. Got it removed last year and doing much better. The retainer they made me was too painful to wear so my teeth shifted some, but having a normal sized tongue has been worth it.

gaze

i too have the permanent retainer. i'd go to get it removed but they'd prolly have to give me an x-ray so i've been holding off. basically super high calcium diets help, cause calcium blocks the absorption of basically all metals, like iron. i drink like 2-3 quarts of milk a day and 3 ounces of cheese, probsbly 3-3500 mg of calcium a day

OP
Inaut

Inaut

Is it a "permanent retainer?" I suppose it doesn't matter what it is specifically, but I had one. Got it removed last year and doing much better. The retainer they made me was too painful to wear so my teeth shifted some, but having a normal sized tongue has been worth it.

It is. ...

I've asked my dentist a few times about getting it removed but am told it's not a good idea.... I hate it tbh honest and after reading @StephanF's post, I should probably just get it done once and for all.

LuMonty

It is. ...

I've asked my dentist a few times about getting it removed but am told it's not a good idea.... I hate it tbh honest and after reading @StephanF's post, I should probably just get it done once and for all.
I tested as allergic to nickel so once I put it that way my orthodontist removed it if I agreed to buy the removable retainer. So for me, the small extra price was worth it.

GAF

I seem to remember that some faraday cloths have nickel fibers. Is nickel okay for exterior use?

Cloudhands

Any simple nickel chelation methods we know of? I dont wanna do any crazy things that could pose other risks

Cloudhands

This is what ray said. I think you should check out iron deficiency in association with hand eczema

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201227-215235_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20201227-215235_Gmail.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 94

StephanF

Forum Supporter
One more thought. The late Dr. John Diamond, a naturopath in Reno, was once interviewed and he talked about the danger of stainless steel braces, that the nickel in the stainless steel can cause cancer. Once, he said, he had two (or three?) young women waiting in his practice, they all had breast cancer and braces from the same dentist! The braces were removed and the cancer went away.

Last edited:
OP
Inaut

Inaut

well.....I'm still eating cocoa and my hair loss seems to be progressing still so maybe there's something to it...............I just don't want to give up cocoa :( :(

Dr. B

i too have the permanent retainer. i'd go to get it removed but they'd prolly have to give me an x-ray so i've been holding off. basically super high calcium diets help, cause calcium blocks the absorption of basically all metals, like iron. i drink like 2-3 quarts of milk a day and 3 ounces of cheese, probsbly 3-3500 mg of calcium a day
thats a lot of milk!

I’ve been doing some research on the type of eczema I have (dyshidrotic) and think I have narrowed down the cause of it. I think it’s nickel related.... Recently I started binging on chocolate and it coincided with my eczema and allergy reaction. I’ve also noticed more hair loss during this time. While googling I came across a few different sources stating that nickel was the cause for mpb, cancer etc. Now I know it’s far more complex than just nickel (as PUFA,lps, endotoxin etc are factors to consider). As an experiment though, I’d like to try something that chelates nickel. Any thoughts on this?
So far I’ve read about quercetin, l histidine and obviously avoiding nickel rich foods like chocolate, canned goods, beans and the like. What else can be used? Succinic acid or malic acid?

why does chocolate have nickel is this naturally occurring or something thats dependent on the production method? like canned goods I assume the nickel or tin leeches from the can?
btw I heard milk has nickel in small amounts, it may be leached from the containers. I am not sure if nickel or tin is more allergenic but isnt nickel actually considered essential in very small amounts, whereas tin is currently not considered essential? thus the canned goods allergenic response and any response from drinking canned soda may actually be a response to tin not nickel?

One more thought. The late Dr. John Diamond, a naturopath in Reno, was once interviewed and he talked about the danger of stainless steel braces, that the nickel in the stainless steel can cause cancer. Once, he said, he had two (or three?) young women waiting in his practice, they all had breast cancer and braces from the same dentist! The braces were removed and the cancer went away.

does this apply to the stainless steel 'permanent retainer' they put in your mouth after getting braces removed? does it cause cancer locally or just overall because of the nickel slowly leeching into the body with time? what can be done, I thought the permanent retainer wouldn't leech much

I tested as allergic to nickel so once I put it that way my orthodontist removed it if I agreed to buy the removable retainer. So for me, the small extra price was worth it.

what extra price was there from what i remember the removable retainer was much cheaper because for the orthodontist to put the permanent retainer wires there is the materials cost as well as all the labor whereas the removable plastic container sh just hands you and thats it.
that being said, im not sure if the permanent steel wires are better or the overnight plastic one? i think the plastic retainer would leech more and leech easier than stainless steel, so if youre comparing thin stainless steel wires on the backs of your front teeth for 24/7, compared to a full mouth sized plastic retainer/mouthguard every night, the steel wires may be less risky!

Be careful with EDTA, we are all exposed to mercury as well and then EDTA can backfire:

My son was exposed to nickel and had a severe allergic reaction, it was a dental stainless steel wire that his dentist put in his mouth to keep a gap from an extracted baby tooth open. I specifically asked the dentist if the wire contained nickel and he simply said 'No'. My son's tonsils deep in his throat (not the ones in the mouth) got inflamed and he had problems swallowing, we consulted TWO nose & throat doctors, they didn't have a clue. Then I became suspicious and on a check-up I asked the dentist for a sample of the wire, the container for this wire had it written all over it in different languages: 'Do not use in patients with nickel allergies'! I had the wire removed and went to a homeopathist here in Reno and gave her a sample of the wire, she put it into a glass vial, similar to the so-called 'nosodes' and she tested him, the needle of the electro-acupuncture device (Voll method) was hitting the upper limit. She used some remedies to desensitize him (German: 'ausleiten') and later we repeated that with homeopathic remedies we got in Germany.

Since then we were super careful with stainless steel, also jewelry made with stainless steel. Almost all stainless steel has nickel in it, so does stainless steel cookware. It is worse when new, by use it will 'pacify' but acidic food can leach it out. See below under 'Similar threads'! Teeth braces can contain nickel. I think nickel is also used as a catalyst in hydrogenated fats, or fractionated oils.

I once (in 2013) did a search on the web regarding chelation therapy, here is my collection attached in this document:

this sucks, so the permanent retainers made of stainless steel are likely leeching nickel into the body over time? so would this essentially mean having a metal mouth retainer would put you in a permanent state of allergies/inflammation due to the few mcgs or mgs of nickel slowly leeching into your body everyday from the retainer?

ursidae

What do you mean?
I once took one capsule of histidine and my symptoms were so bad short time after
Do you have a test showing high levels of nickel in blood/hair or a reason to believe you have toxicity such as years of wearing braces or retainer or having consumed food that was prepared in nickel containing vessels? If not, I’m not sure how to answer this question. I know that histidine lowers zinc as well

nickel depletes histidine levels and is chelated by taking histidine. I wore nickel containing braces and a retainer for many years. I developed symptoms of what I now recognise to be histapenia shortly after having them put in my mouth. Went from an ambitious driven kid to the complete opposite in a very short time frame. Supplementation of L-Histidine makes me feel miles better.