Niacinamide Was The Missing Piece For Me

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date

tara

What symptoms you notice may depend on your current state.
In general, desirable may be improved cellular energy production. I'm guessing what that looks like for you may depend on where your systemic weaknesses or deficiencies show up and can be alleviated.
Negatives that could arise from supplementing too much of supplements that tend to increase metabolism could be deficiencies in other nutrients that are not being supplied sufficiently to meet increased needs.
Niacinamide tends to increase the demand for carbs. If it increases overall metabolism, it may also increase demand for lots of other nutrients, and potentially increase the risk of something getting out of balance if the diet is not nutrient-rich.

For me, I look out for an increase in concentration and clarity and energy available to do what I need to do as good. Bad from overdose was head ache/migraine, which I might have been getting anyway, but which can be triggered by blood sugar drop worsened by higher dose niacinamide. There may have been something else going on too, but I'd guess that was part of it.

Constatine

Be sure to get a quality product as I've found many niacinamide products are very hard on the stomach. Will topical niacinamide do?

Philjay

What should we be aiming for with doseage, what symptoms in particular? Its obviously the wrong dose will makes you feel worse, but is the "right" dose the one that makes you... feel warmer? Breath harder (a la uncoupling)?

I presume from what people are saying thats what we are aiming for.

YourUniverse

I remember reading that niacinamide may impede the body's willingness to cnovert tryptophan into niacin
I am incorrect, its actually somewhat the opposite - niacinamide, by blocking FFA, increases tryptophan conversion to niacin over serotonin:

"Niacinamide, used in moderate doses, can safely help to restrain the excessive production of free fatty acids, and also helps to limit the wasteful conversion of glucose into fat. There is evidence that diabetics are chronically deficient in niacin. Excess fatty acids in the blood probably divert tryptophan from niacin synthesis into serotonin synthesis."

It makes sense that @Amarsh213 feels he can handle starch (glucose) better since this supplementation, as this supplement improves glucose utilization. Also makes sense that he would be holding less water, since it ("probably") helps produce less serotonin, thus less estrogen.

Frankdee20

Glad to read. I was scared off Niacinamide after reading one too many posts about how it stalls weight loss (along with aspirin). Reckon I'll get back on it. Am also trying the no fap thing at the mo, finally got tired of the post jack fog.

I feel as though since using Aspirin (650mg) daily, with coffee, I’ve lost weight. Everyone is different though. Niacinamide is a new one for me, the other day, got stress reaction from it. Likely due to not eating enough.

Wagner83

Only thing I can think of when people have interupted sleep/Weight gain with naicinmide/aspirin. Is a lack of Glucose causing the cells to swell with water and stress reaction leading to wieght gain.

Which explains why people wake w/ adrenaline symptoms when taking niacinmide.
It will roast your sugar stores.

So starch may be needed and I have been eating it with great effects.

If I don't eat some white/rice potato every few hours I will swell. Swelling=Not Enough energy for the cells. I am pretty sure that sucrose will not be enough, But I could be wrong.
So the high carb, high starch very low fat + 2 sprints sessions a week made you lose weight but you swelled, did you have an increase in waistline fat/water retention? When I felt great on it I still noticed gross waistline, which I think may have been stress related. There's also the issue of saturated fats and how fattening they can become when the diet is high carb. On other other hand high carb, high starch and very low fat looks unhealthy (hair on belly, bigger waistline, energy crash etc..). How the hell do you eat 5 meals with starch? Do you eat them cold?

tomisonbottom

Hey guys, what a great thread, so you find niacinmide helps lower water weight caused by carbs? By eating carbs with it?
I have a white tounge and im looking for a cure. This is something im very interested in.
Please advise on correct protocol.

Black coffee, lots of salt, B vitamins, 1 mg cypro and a low fat diet works for me.

Frankdee20

What symptoms you notice may depend on your current state.
In general, desirable may be improved cellular energy production. I'm guessing what that looks like for you may depend on where your systemic weaknesses or deficiencies show up and can be alleviated.
Negatives that could arise from supplementing too much of supplements that tend to increase metabolism could be deficiencies in other nutrients that are not being supplied sufficiently to meet increased needs.
Niacinamide tends to increase the demand for carbs. If it increases overall metabolism, it may also increase demand for lots of other nutrients, and potentially increase the risk of something getting out of balance if the diet is not nutrient-rich.

For me, I look out for an increase in concentration and clarity and energy available to do what I need to do as good. Bad from overdose was head ache/migraine, which I might have been getting anyway, but which can be triggered by blood sugar drop worsened by higher dose niacinamide. There may have been something else going on too, but I'd guess that was part of it.

Absolutely get the headache kind of low blood sugar drop. I only take 500 mg capsule. I will try splitting it up, or taking half. I recognized not to take it on minimal carbs. It increases my energy in the beginning, then mid day, I sense it. Already had 2 bananas, PB and J, 2 coffees with lots of sugar, 2 pink lemonades, 1 orange, 2 eggs over easy, and half an English muffin. It’s only 1:30, lol.

tara

I only take 500 mg capsule.
That's a big dose as far as I'm concerned.
Consider taking 50-100mg doses. But you could take 50ish mg after every meal, and use up a capsule every couple of days if you wanted to see how that went.

Frankdee20

That's a big dose as far as I'm concerned.
Consider taking 50-100mg doses. But you could take 50ish mg after every meal, and use up a capsule every couple of days if you wanted to see how that went.

Yeah, it’s huuuge. They only sell them like that, added a Pepsi and felt so much better lol

I guess I have been dificent for no telling how long. I began supplementing very small doses like 30mg after meals. The following unfolded.

Water Weight tanked from starch meals.
Sufficient energy and actual ATP Meaning I ate potatos/oj/milk yesturday before my workout and had a full workout without fatigue and No Pre-workout supplement which I usually require to even think about lifting.
White tongue disapated
Boiling up right now
Anxiety is down.

Have I just had High free fatty acids floating around?

Aspirn and niacinamide always make me feel so good
Still getting benefits?

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

Still getting benefits?

Sorta.

Had a blood sugar tank today tho. Ate potatoes and had a coffee with niacinamide and sugar and milk.

Was sweating like hell and boiling for like 20minutes on the way to class.

Then ran out out of glycogen and was being aggressive and felt really pissed off. Until I caught myself and realized what was happening.

I had aspirin this morning/ last night so it might have been to much.

Wagner83

Perhaps some coconut fat would help. I experienced intense highs with a similar diet and supplementation but also several (less) low days without very clear reasons (or at least the drop in well-being was out of proportion).

raypeatclips

Sorta.

Had a blood sugar tank today tho. Ate potatoes and had a coffee with niacinamide and sugar and milk.

Was sweating like hell and boiling for like 20minutes on the way to class.

Then ran out out of glycogen and was being aggressive and felt really pissed off. Until I caught myself and realized what was happening.

I had aspirin this morning/ last night so it might have been to much.

Just potatoes? I've been there, have lots of fat and protein with it = magic.

Frankdee20

I’ve been pouring about half the contents out of a 500 mg capsule, and this made a difference. When that sugar level drops, yes, it’s a shitty feeling. I only take about 250 mg a day.

MSH

I was taking 500mg at BF and lunch. It didn’t take but about three days before I could barley get off the couch, felt flu like and couldn’t hold a thought in my head, and my legs felt ice cold. Dummy me though, at the time I thought I was only taking 50mg. After reading this thread I double checked and sure enough I was taking 500mg doses! I started pounding the white rice last night and I feel like a new person today.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals