• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Niacinamide Reduces Hyperparathyroidism

jjhotcakes

This is only my second post on the forum. I've been researching hyperparathyroidism and hypercalcemia, and I've been coming across some good stuff that validates a lot of Peat's views. I came across this abstract a moment ago that claims that niacinamide (1080 mg per day) decreased serum phosphorus (elevated serum phosphorus is implicated in hyperparathyroidism) - though it did increase again after discontinuing niacinamide at 12 weeks. Also niacinamide decreased PTH, and the abstract doesn't say what happened to that after discontinuing. I don't have access to the full paper, but the abstract paints a fairly optimistic view.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14871431

haidut

jjhotcakes said:
This is only my second post on the forum. I've been researching hyperparathyroidism and hypercalcemia, and I've been coming across some good stuff that validates a lot of Peat's views. I came across this abstract a moment ago that claims that niacinamide (1080 mg per day) decreased serum phosphorus (elevated serum phosphorus is implicated in hyperparathyroidism) - though it did increase again after discontinuing niacinamide at 12 weeks. Also niacinamide decreased PTH, and the abstract doesn't say what happened to that after discontinuing. I don't have access to the full paper, but the abstract paints a fairly optimistic view.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14871431

Good find. I think another VERY important finding was this.
"...The mean dose of nicotinamide was 1080 mg/day. The mean blood NAD concentration increased from 9.3 +/- 1.9 nmol/105 erythrocytes before treatment to 13.2 +/- 5.3 nmol/105 erythrocytes after treatment (P < 0.01)."

The levels of NAD are one of the most (if not THE most important) indicator of metabolic health. Actually, the NAD/NADH ratio is what is considered more important, but an increase in NAD will probably also lead to an increase in NAD/NADH. So, if 1g of niacinamide increased NAD by 50% then taking 2g could potentially double it. This matches well with another study (in rodents) showing NAD increase of more than 150% from a human equivalent dose of 3g niacinamide a day.

RPDiciple

Thats awesome. But what about if one is wanting to loose fat? 1-2 g a day i guess will hinder it some?

haidut

RPDiciple said:
Thats awesome. But what about if one is wanting to loose fat? 1-2 g a day i guess will hinder it some?

Yeah, it is possible that such high doses would hinder weight loss. Ray said 100mg niacinamide a few times a day would be best for both health and not hindering weight loss.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Does Niacinamide/Aspirin mitgate beneficial effects of SAT FAT Diet 1
D 100mg allithiamine (+niacinamide&magnesium) makes me hot and sweating Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
J Huge improvements with niacinamide Water-Soluble Vitamins 5
J Niacinamide Ask For Help or Advice 14
haidut Niacinamide increases aerobic capacity, muscle endurance in humans Scientific Studies 7
M Strange effect from niacinamide Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 11
F What was your niacinamide experience? Ask For Help or Advice 2
B Berberine Vs. Niacinamide Ask For Help or Advice 5
O Microdosing Niacinamide Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
forterpride Niacinamide dosing for diabetes Ask For Help or Advice 48
wealthofwisdom Niacinamide & food timing? Ask For Help or Advice 9
E Coke + niacinamide + glycine Ask For Help or Advice 3
ddjd Taurine causes nerve pain issues. Niacinamide heals. What's the mechanism?? Ask For Help or Advice 18
C Whats the verdict on Niacin/Niacinamide? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 31
IROM Alpecin shampoo: Caffeine, Taurine and Niacinamide (are corporations on to Peating?) Hair & Nails 9
youngsinatra High Dose Niacinamide Self-Experiment. Experiments 32
haidut Glaucoma likely a metabolic disease, treatable by pyruvate and/or niacinamide Scientific Studies 2
haidut Niacinamide may treat ALS by improving energetic state Scientific Studies 0
haidut Niacinamide may treat depression by improving energetic state Scientific Studies 11
S Aspirin, niacinamide and eye bags Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 7
J Niacinamide Ask For Help or Advice 15
SOMO Niacinamide + Vit C = Niacin? Ask For Help or Advice 3
Razvan Niacinamide Help Ask For Help or Advice 1
pauljacob Can I Break Open A Niacinamide, Pregnenolone Capsule? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
charlie Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) Shows Promise For Glaucoma Patients In Clinical Trial Scientific Studies 2
snacks Niacinamide And Dandruff Skin 2
haidut Niacinamide (vitamin B3) May Cure HIV (human Study) Scientific Studies 10
ddjd Niacinamide Great For Sleep. Niacin Terrible. Why? Ask For Help or Advice 10
Hgreen56 Niacinamide Inhibits Fatloss And Niacin Improve It? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 10
ampersand Ataxia, Iron, Methylene Blue, Niacinamide Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
haidut Niacinamide May Treat Fibrotic Eye Disease And Prevent Vision Loss Scientific Studies 5
C Aspirin/Niacinamide/Pyrucet Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 7
meatbag Has Anyone Ever Taken 5g+ Niacinamide In One Sitting? Experiments 20
Orangeyouglad Any Ideas On Tolerating Niacinamide? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 5
haidut Low-dose (but Not High) Niacinamide Reverses Reproductive Decline In Old Females Scientific Studies 6
W Niacinamide And Depression B3/Niacinamide 19
G Niacinamide Long Term Use Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 16
Ficini Niacinamide Topical Vs Oral Clarification B3/Niacinamide 2
haidut Dietary Niacinamide (B3) Deficiency May Be A Cause Of Schizophrenia Scientific Studies 7
SOMO Niacinamide Causing Skin Issues For Anyone Else? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
Batbat Niacinamide Inhibits Hair Growth B3/Niacinamide 7
haidut Niacinamide May Restore Female Fertility In Old Age Scientific Studies 17
Jewbermensch Niagen Worth It Over Niacinamide? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 22
haidut Niacinamide May Improve Symptoms Of ALS Scientific Studies 1
E Issues After Taking High Dose Niacinamide Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 20
Inaut I Think I’ve Finally Figured Out How To Use Niacinamide B3/Niacinamide 90
T How Much Aspirin And Niacinamide? Female 44 Yrs Fatigue And Heavy Menstruation Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 5
haidut Niacinamide May Help Treat/reverse Heart Disease Scientific Studies 1
A Niacin NOT The Same As Niacinamide, Acts Differently Regarding Lipolysis? Vitamins 13
Amazigh Niacinamide + Methyl Donor To Avoid Histamine Increase? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 6