Niacinamide: Peat Friendly Hearing Protection

Let Go

Hello, I've been a lurker for a while but haven't contributed much ( 1 thread). I work in the audiology field and most of the research is geared toward genetics, I know shocker. There isn't much interest in nutrition as it relates to hearing from my colleagues.

I'm going to start posting studies and comments when I have time. This study among others start to paint the picture that a good metabolic rate is protective even against acoustic trauma.

Attachments

• niacinamide noise induced loss.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
OP
Let Go

Let Go

There is some Russian research showing cytoflavin (I believe Niacinamide is one of the main ingredients @haidut?) improving speech discrimination which has been thought to be nearly impossible.

haidut

Forum Supporter
There is some Russian research showing cytoflavin (I believe Niacinamide is one of the main ingredients @haidut?) improving speech discrimination which has been thought to be nearly impossible.

Oh yes, there is a ton of research with cytoflavin into brain conditions. It has niacinamide, inosine, succinic acid and riboflavin. If you search PubMed you will see ti studies for all kinds of neurological conditions, recovery from stress, burns, radiation, surgery, starvation, poisonin, etc.

Ideonaut

Thanks! I got some and will try it for the 80% hearing loss in my left ear that occurred when I was doing low-carb. The arrogant-assed docs said they didn't know what the cause of my problem was (after a tremendous number of tests, MRIs, etc.) but one thing they could tell me for sure was that there is no cure. The cytoflavin seems worth a try to me.

whodathunkit

I'm hearing impaired. Probably from nerve death due to oxidative stress. This is very interesting to me. But niacin in any form, including niacinimide, seems to hate me. Really, I get bad sides from it in physiologic doses. Even now. I keep trying...I tried niacinimide about the middle of last year.

Any suggestions, @Let Go or @haidut?

Ktbridge

I have hearing loss. Believe from low thyroid function . Will try niacinamide . How much?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hello, I've been a lurker for a while but haven't contributed much ( 1 thread). I work in the audiology field and most of the research is geared toward genetics, I know shocker. There isn't much interest in nutrition as it relates to hearing from my colleagues.

I'm going to start posting studies and comments when I have time. This study among others start to paint the picture that a good metabolic rate is protective even against acoustic trauma.

Thanks, this is very interesting! Have you come across in your field on studies or experiments with taurine?

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have hearing loss. Believe from low thyroid function . Will try niacinamide . How much?

The study above used a pretty high dose but it was only for 5 days. The equivalent in human dose would be 75mg/kg daily.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'm hearing impaired. Probably from nerve death due to oxidative stress. This is very interesting to me. But niacin in any form, including niacinimide, seems to hate me. Really, I get bad sides from it in physiologic doses. Even now. I keep trying...I tried niacinimide about the middle of last year.

Any suggestions, @Let Go or @haidut?

Have you tried taurine, with or without phosphatidylcholine? Both have track record in treating hearing loss and tinnitus.

whodathunkit

Yep, niacin and its derivatives strike again for me. I took a 100mg dose of niacinimide earlier today and mood instantly went into the toilet. NEVER F-ing FAILS.

And I'm even using progesterone and T3.

Felt pretty good until I tried the niacinimide.

I can't wait until this wears off.

shepherdgirl

Thanks! I got some and will try it for the 80% hearing loss in my left ear that occurred when I was doing low-carb. The arrogant-assed docs said they didn't know what the cause of my problem was (after a tremendous number of tests, MRIs, etc.) but one thing they could tell me for sure was that there is no cure. The cytoflavin seems worth a try to me.
Any updates @Ideonaut ? Or anyone else?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals