Niacinamide = Nasal Congestion (histamine Reaction?)

BTD

I've read a few threads on here about niacinamide increasing histamine and some people stating they have dealt with itchy skin, etc. with it

I started taking 500mg of niacinamide daily back in December and soon started experiencing increased nasal congestion more-so than usual. I thought I was getting my yearly cold, as I always do around this time of the year, but it continued no matter the remedies I tried. I stopped taking any earlier this week and the congestion reduced drastically, so I can only guess the niacinamide was the problem? I tried supplementing with additional vitamin C while taking the niacinamide but it didn't help the cause. Anyone else experienced this?

I've read a few threads on here about niacinamide increasing histamine and some people stating they have dealt with itchy skin, etc. with it

I started taking 500mg of niacinamide daily back in December and soon started experiencing increased nasal congestion more-so than usual. I thought I was getting my yearly cold, as I always do around this time of the year, but it continued no matter the remedies I tried. I stopped taking any earlier this week and the congestion reduced drastically, so I can only guess the niacinamide was the problem? I tried supplementing with additional vitamin C while taking the niacinamide but it didn't help the cause. Anyone else experienced this?
I noticed this too

milk_lover

Same here sadly. I drink Redbull which has niacin in it (not niacinamide) and I don't experience any histamine/congestion issues. I forget the smell sense when I am on niacinamide.

milk_lover

Redbull also has Taurine

Have you tried TUDCA?
No I haven't tried it. I read about it in the forum in the past and from what I recall it's not that different from taurine while more expensive, so I opted to stick with taurine.

Do you think taurine help with histamine/congestion issues? I have pure taurine as a supplement and when I take it with niacinamide I still have histamine issues.

No I haven't tried it. I read about it in the forum in the past and from what I recall it's not that different from taurine while more expensive, so I opted to stick with taurine.

Do you think taurine help with histamine/congestion issues? I have pure taurine as a supplement and when I take it with niacinamide I still have histamine issues.
I didn’t take any today and it seems to be clearing up

OP
BTD

BTD

I've been taking vitamin C (2-3 grams, as an anti-histamine) per day on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning with caffeine (I know this isn't advised due to the stress response from caffeine, but I have read about vitamin C's abilities to protect against cortisol spikes), and I've been doing pretty well. Still supplementing with niacinamide. I was just out of state in an area with high pollen count in the deep south of the U.S. I still wake up coughing and with a stuffy nose/itchy eyes in the morning but after a few minutes of blowing my nose and going with that vitamin C/caffeine stack, I feel better a little while later. I have to mow my yard tomorrow, though, and nothing helps with the all-around congestion after that, though, beyond OTC anti-histamines that I try to stay away from if I can help it.

FitnessMike

LOL, i thing its happening to me now too... it's getting really out of hand with this nasal congestion.......

joaquin

I have been taking some niacinamide lately and it doesn't seem to be bothering me that way. I do notice a little bit of clogged nose in the morning but the benefits of fatty acid inhibition outweigh.

Momma

LOL, i thing its happening to me now too... it's getting really out of hand with this nasal congestion.......
It’s lowering your blood sugar which in turn is increasing your histamine. Just a hunch.

FitnessMike

It’s lowering your blood sugar which in turn is increasing your histamine. Just a hunch.
fam, i eat 500g of carbs a day, im almost convinces is niacinamide, it started roughly around the time i started niacinamide

FitnessMike

b1 seems to be blocking nose too, just putting it out there

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals