haidut

Forum Supporter
The mainstream medical dogma is that after the onset of menopause, female reproductive potential is essentially zero. I posted a thread recently that challenged that dogma and demonstrated that infertility is essentially an energetic dysfunction process and can be reversed with exposure to red light.
Fertility Depends On Metabollism (ATP), Not Age

Now, the study below demonstrated that raising NAD levels by supplementation with nitocinamide mononucleotide (NMN) can greatly inhibit the infertility seen with advancing age. Considering the fact that ATP and NAD levels are almost perfectly correlated and the former strongly depends on the latter, the findings of the study below match quite well the findings of the study above. I suspect that combining both approaches - red light exposure with niacinamide supplementation - would be highly synergistic. The HED of NMN used in the study was on the high end (3g-4g for an adult human) but one must keep in mind that this was an acute study. In other words, fertility in old age was restored to almost youthful levels by a single administration of NMN. As such, longer term regimen with a lower dose should have similar effect without the (liver) risk higher doses niacinamide pose.

NAD+ repletion rescues female fertility during reproductive ageing

"...There is an ongoing trend across the developed world to defer pregnancy until later in life. Combined with the steady decrease in female fertility beyond the middle of the third decade of life, this has led to falling fertility rates and a steady increase in demand for assisted reproduction technologies. Despite maternal age being the greatest clinical challenge for reproductive medicine, the mechanisms through which oocyte quality decline as women age remain largely unclear and there are no therapeutic treatments. In the current study, we provide evidence for NAD+ availability as an important determinant of fertility in aged females. We show that levels of NAD+rapidly decline in the ovary with age, and our data demonstrate that NAD+ repletion using the NAD+ precursor NMN in mice enhances ovulation rate, reduces oocyte spindle defects, improves oocyte developmental competence in vivo and embryo development during IVF, culminating in improved fertility."

"...Together, this work represents a clinically tractable pharmacological intervention to non-invasively treat female infertility caused by a loss of oocyte viability or depletion of ovulation yield in reproductively aged females. These findings have immediate implications for the clinical treatment of infertility. We envisage that this work could lead to the development of an orally delivered therapeutic that improves oocyte quality for improving natural conception or the success of IVF. This would present an opportunity to transcend the need for, or enhance the success of fertility treatments including IVF. In addition, this work could also enhance the success rates of existing IVF protocols, through improving embryo culture conditions to grow embryos to a later stage of development. Providing an intervention at this critical step of IVF would make a clinically relevant difference to IVF success rates in the high proportion of IVF patients who are reproductively aged. Any intervention that would improve the success rates of IVF would also lead to cost savings and lower the emotional stress of failed IVF rounds or subsequent miscarriage which can lead to long term psychological and social issues including depression and relationship breakdown. This would represent the first intervention for enabling women with poor oocyte quality to have children with their own genetic make-up as currently, these women have no alternative but to use donated oocytes. Future studies should aim to test NAD+ raising compounds in a clinical setting, both as an oral therapeutic, and as an additive to embryo media during IVF, to test the relevance of these findings to human infertility."

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Incredible. I am becoming more and more convinced that vitamin deficiencies are a big problem. Dr. Lonsdale believes we are suffering from high calorie malnutrition. Get those vitamin deficiencies corrected along with everything else Peaty and Bam!!!!....regeneration and restoration.

ExCarniv

Incredible. I am becoming more and more convinced that vitamin deficiencies are a big problem. Dr. Lonsdale believes we are suffering from high calorie malnutrition. Get those vitamin deficiencies corrected along with everything else Peaty and Bam!!!!....regeneration and restoration.

High calorie + lack of vitamins and MINERALS=Dead

Blossom

Forum Supporter
What a coincidence. I just started back on niacinamide last week and had only been taking 35 mg per day (edit: +12 mg from b-complex) when a couple days later I felt like I was ovulating. I had a pretty intense sensation in the area of my one remaining ovary. I’ve currently been in menopause for 3-4 years. I guess I’ll see if it continues and if so get my hormones checked. When I first started reading Peat’s material I had my medically diagnosed early menopause reverse for a couple years but then it came back and it seemed like for good. I always thought the prior experience was from progesterone but maybe niacinamide had something to do with it.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
What a coincidence. I just started back on niacinamide last week and had only been taking 35 mg per day (edit: +12 mg from b-complex) when a couple days later I felt like I was ovulating. I had a pretty intense sensation in the area of my one remaining ovary. I’ve currently been in menopause for 3-4 years. I guess I’ll see if it continues and if so get my hormones checked. When I first started reading Peat’s material I had my medically diagnosed early menopause reverse for a couple years but then it came back and it seemed like for good. I always thought the prior experience was from progesterone but maybe niacinamide had something to do with it.
Where do you get your Niacinamide? I'm in Toronto, Canada

Inaut

Go to any health food store. I like healthy planet though and they are located all over the place in Toronto. They are a decent sized chain.

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
Thank you. I just ordered online about five minutes ago!
Much appreciated :)

Frankdee20

Too bad most Niacinamide products come in 500 MG capsules, in my opinion, too high a dose to begin with, and perhaps too high a dose to take all at once upon acclimation.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Too bad most Niacinamide products come in 500 MG capsules, in my opinion, too high a dose to begin with, and perhaps too high a dose to take all at once upon acclimation.
Yeah, that's why I got the bulk powder. It looks like Lifegiving Store carries bulk powder niacinamide now although it's out of stock. I love everything I've gotten from them.

tara

High calorie + lack of vitamins and MINERALS=Dead
+1

Can't you open the capsule and take a small sprinkle with meals and make it last a few days?

Inaut

That’s what I do....

Powder is the best but not ideal if you don’t have a scale or a spoon that gives 100mg doses consistently and you are on the move

Frankdee20

+1

Can't you open the capsule and take a small sprinkle with meals and make it last a few days?

That is annoying, and not always accurate, nor convenient when people think your doing blow. LOL

tara

That is annoying, and not always accurate, nor convenient when people think your doing blow. LOL
Roughly right dose may be better than accurately way wrong.
Even just twice a day is better than once, if you can't find a minute/privacy/patience/whatever to do it more often.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’ve been putting some vitamin powders in a empty 000 size capsule and taking it with me to work.

SQu

I think 50mg niacinamide two, sometimes three times a day may have restarted my cycle too after a 6 month interval and about the same before that. It's easy to find a 50mg measuring spoon online though mine came with an order of something else so I don't have a link. I weighed it too to double check. It's really no trouble this way. This dose a couple of times a day has made a big difference. Subtle but really helpful. I also don't get the "pushing your metabolism too hard" symptoms I used to sometimes with a single 100mg dose a day. So maybe fewer small doses make a difference there too. Less is definitely more.

mamakitty

Hey blossom, wondering how your experience went with niacinamide three and a half years later. what are the results so far? Were you able to reverse your menopause?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hey blossom, wondering how your experience went with niacinamide three and a half years later. what are the results so far? Were you able to reverse your menopause?
No, according to my last blood test I’m still solidly post menopausal. I feel pretty good so I guess that’s what matters.