Niacinamide Long Term Use

GmC

Good afternoon everyone.

Just a small question about Niacinamide.
I've been using Niacinamide 150 mg daily, 50mg at breakfast, 50mg at lunch and 50mg dinner.

Is this the recommended daily dosage for long term use ? Is safe to use Niacinamide long term ?

Thank you so much.

G.C

Hans

Forum Supporter
Good afternoon everyone.

Just a small question about Niacinamide.
I've been using Niacinamide 150 mg daily, 50mg at breakfast, 50mg at lunch and 50mg dinner.

Is this the recommended daily dosage for long term use ? Is safe to use Niacinamide long term ?

Thank you so much.

G.C
Yes that is a pretty good dose. Peat said somewhere that about 100mg three times daily is a good dose. Haidut mentioned that 500mg can probably be taken daily due to being so safe.

berk

why you use Niacinamide?

Kunstruct

Does it work anti anxiety for you in that 3 doses per day? Would you say it works every day, or overall you are better with niacinamide rather than no niacinamide?

OP
G

GmC

Does it work anti anxiety for you in that 3 doses per day? Would you say it works every day, or overall you are better with niacinamide rather than no niacinamide?

Few moments ago I read that Haidut uses 1500mg in the morning and 1500 mg at evening.
Since I started using this protocol ( 50 mg X 3 a day ) I feel better more relaxed, with much more patience for my child for example.Those persistent thoughts also disappear.
That's why I was asking about long term use, because last week when I stopped using Niacinamide ( I start using Niacinamide 1 month ago, 50 mg 3X daily ) I noticed that my anxiety increased.
And because I was diagnosed with reactive Hypoglycemia, I'm afraid that Niacinamide can cause more harm than good with prolonged use.
One strange side effect that Niacinamide give, are my feet temperature.
When I take Niacinamide my feet temperature are nice and warm, but I feel them like they were cold... it's a very odd feeling.
I touch with my hands to feel the temperature of my feet and they are perfectly warm ( not very hot ) but the feeling that my brain receives is like they were slightly cold... it's hard to explain.
Other than that, it work fine.
Maybe one day I will try Haidut protocol ( 1500 mg twice daily )

G.C

Last edited:

Orangeyouglad

Few moments ago I read that Haidut uses 1500mg in the morning and 1500 mg at evening.
Since I started using this protocol ( 50 mg X 3 a day ) I feel better more relaxed, with much more patience for my child for example.Those persistent thoughts also disappear.
That's why I was asking about long term use, because last week when I stopped using Niacinamide ( I start using Niacinamide 1 month ago, 50 mg 3X daily ) I noticed that my anxiety increased.
And because I was diagnosed with reactive Hypoglycemia, I'm afraid that Niacinamide can cause more harm than good with prolonged use.
One strange side effect that Niacinamide give, are my feet temperature.
When I take Niacinamide my feet temperature are nice and warm, but I feel them like they were cold... it's a very odd feeling.
I touch with my hands to feel the temperature of my feet and they are perfectly warm ( not very hot ) but the feeling that my brain receives is like they were slightly cold... it's hard to explain.
Other than that, it work fine.
Maybe one day I will try Haidut protocol ( 1500 mg twice daily )

G.C

It's crazy, but I'm the reverse of this. When I take Niacinimide I get angry and irritable. I always want to smoke/have a drink to take the edge off. I've had to take very small doses.

I'm wondering why it works for some and not others. I also wonder if it has anything to do with methylation as B vitamins seem tricky for me.

Hans

Forum Supporter
It's crazy, but I'm the reverse of this. When I take Niacinimide I get angry and irritable. I always want to smoke/have a drink to take the edge off. I've had to take very small doses.

I'm wondering why it works for some and not others. I also wonder if it has anything to do with methylation as B vitamins seem tricky for me.
I also think it has to do with methylation. Overmethylators seem to benefit the most from this (as niacinamide quenches methyl donors) and undermethylators might not, possibly giving symptoms you experience.

Orangeyouglad

I also think it has to do with methylation. Overmethylators seem to benefit the most from this (as niacinamide quenches methyl donors) and undermethylators might not, possibly giving symptoms you experience.

There seems to be some debate as to if Niacinimide quenches methyl donors or just Niacin. Either way, I'm still trying to figure out which I am, as I have inverse reactions to things that should help Over methylators, but have all the signs of an over methylator.

Hans

Forum Supporter
There seems to be some debate as to if Niacinimide quenches methyl donors or just Niacin. Either way, I'm still trying to figure out which I am, as I have inverse reactions to things that should help Over methylators, but have all the signs of an over methylator.
It might not quench methyl donors but it is metabolized through methylation and can can increase homocysteine and increase catecholamine.

Excess nicotinamide inhibits methylation-mediated degradation of catecholamines in normotensives and hypertensives. - PubMed - NCBI
"This study demonstrated that excess nicotinamide might deplete the labile methyl pool, increase Hcy generation and inhibit catecholamine degradation"

SOMO

I am also interested in this. I'm suffering from some (likely gut issue induced) skin and scalp issues and I noticed a increase in symptoms upon starting Niacinamide at 200mg/day.

When I first used Niacinamide, it gave me a horrible chicken-pox like rash on my neck and hips.

The skin became red and blotchy, but also very dry and slightly itchy.

When I first used Niacinamide, it gave me a horrible chicken-pox like rash on my neck and hips.

The skin became red and blotchy, but also very dry and slightly itchy.

Why do you think that was, and what did you do about it?

Frankdee20

Dude, it will use up all of your sugar reserves, and when I first started this, I’d get so irritated but that was because I learned I must use food and sugars with it

SOMO

Why do you think that was, and what did you do about it?

I think it was PUFA being excreted and it caused a prostaglandin storm basically.

I just put lotion on it and did not use B3 for a year after that lol.

japanesedude

Replying to 3yrs old post but happens all the time with me as well. even a tiny dose like 20mg makes me hard to control my emotion when I encounter stressful event.
I've had plenty of sudden anger episodes when I was on Niacinamide. It's so weird but undeniable.

bendis

The first time I use niacinamide I had a horrible night terror which happened to me mostly when I was on keto diet I also feel like having some neurological problems like tingling in my hands and feet etc it makes me feel weird I don’t know how to explain

gunther

The first time I use niacinamide I had a horrible night terror which happened to me mostly when I was on keto diet I also feel like having some neurological problems like tingling in my hands and feet etc it makes me feel weird I don’t know how to explain
I experienced the same thing. As soon as I would doze off to sleep I would jerk awake in a state of terror. It would go on all night like that. Two things helped. Quitting Niacinamide and taking SAMe. From what I've read Niacinamide will consume methyl groups and SAMe will supply them.