Niacinamide Fully Prevents Breast Cancer Metastasis

haidut

Forum Supporter
In yet another winning day (as Trump likes to say) for niacinamide, this study shows that the metastatic process of breast cancer is controlled by the NAD/NADH ratio, and NAD precursors like niacinamide can be effective chemotherapeutic agents. The human equivalent dose was 3g - 3.5g daily for a few weeks. I supposed we can add this study to the ones I posted about the tetracyclines, and other potentially therapeutic agents.

Mitochondrial complex I activity and NAD+/NADH balance regulate breast cancer progression. - PubMed - NCBI

"...The reported weights include all fat pads of each mouse, regardless of tumor presence. Importantly, histopathological analysis revealed that NAM treatment drastically inhibited breast cancer progression (Figure (Figure8,8, C and D, and Supplemental Figure 18). All untreated MMTV-PyMT mice had tumors primarily containing adenoma, early and advanced carcinoma, and little normal and hyperplastic tissue. In contrast, NAM-treated mice had normal mammary fat pads; tumors, if found, were small and consisted predominantly of hyperplastic and adenoma tissue. Furthermore, whereas lung metastases were detected in 4 of 7 untreated animals, no metastases were found in NAM-treated MMTV-PyMT mice (0 of 6), as assessed by comprehensive histology in serial lung sections (data not shown). Importantly, NAM treatment induced autophagy in PyMT mammary tumors in vivo, as shown by p62 degradation in Western blot analyses of individual tumors (Figure (Figure8E8E and Supplemental Figure 19). We did not detect effects on mTORC1 activity regulation, which suggests that NAM treatment in the drinking water might transiently modulate mTORC1 activity within PyMT mammary tumors in vivo.

In another thread I posted a human case study showing that a hefty dose of niacinamide (4g) elevated NAD levels more than 20 fold and brought lactate back to normal.
Niacinamide Causes Dramatic Increase In Nad And Fall In Lactate | Ray Peat Forum
This certainly plays is one of the major mechanisms behind the anti-metastatic effects of niacinamide reported above.

Last edited:
B

Braveheart

In yet another winning day (as Trump likes to say) for niacinamide, this study shows that the metastatic process of breast cancer is controlled by the NAD/NADH ratio, and NAD precursors like niacinamide can be effective chemotherapeutic agents. The human equivalent dose was 3g - 3.5g daily for a few weeks. I supposed we can add this study to the ones I posted about the tetracyclines, and other potentially therapeutic agents.

Mitochondrial complex I activity and NAD+/NADH balance regulate breast cancer progression. - PubMed - NCBI

"...The reported weights include all fat pads of each mouse, regardless of tumor presence. Importantly, histopathological analysis revealed that NAM treatment drastically inhibited breast cancer progression (Figure (Figure8,8, C and D, and Supplemental Figure 18). All untreated MMTV-PyMT mice had tumors primarily containing adenoma, early and advanced carcinoma, and little normal and hyperplastic tissue. In contrast, NAM-treated mice had normal mammary fat pads; tumors, if found, were small and consisted predominantly of hyperplastic and adenoma tissue. Furthermore, whereas lung metastases were detected in 4 of 7 untreated animals, no metastases were found in NAM-treated MMTV-PyMT mice (0 of 6), as assessed by comprehensive histology in serial lung sections (data not shown). Importantly, NAM treatment induced autophagy in PyMT mammary tumors in vivo, as shown by p62 degradation in Western blot analyses of individual tumors (Figure (Figure8E8E and Supplemental Figure 19). We did not detect effects on mTORC1 activity regulation, which suggests that NAM treatment in the drinking water might transiently modulate mTORC1 activity within PyMT mammary tumors in vivo.

Google ARTEMISININ and see what it does for breast cancer....it cured my leukemia...(got in under the FDA radar as the #1 treatment for malaria in the world, used everywhere except US!) I'm an old "Peatnick" living in Belize and getting healthier by the day, thanks to this forum and some brilliant people associated with it...thank you!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Google ARTEMISININ and see what it does for breast cancer....it cured my leukemia...(got in under the FDA radar as the #1 treatment for malaria in the world, used everywhere except US!) I'm an old "Peatnick" living in Belize and getting healthier by the day, thanks to this forum and some brilliant people associated with it...thank you!

Thanks Mr. John! Here is another thread on leukemia, which hopefully you won't ever need to read.
Combination of vitamins K2 & A essentially cures leukemia | Ray Peat Forum

B

Braveheart

Thanks Mr. John! Here is another thread on leukemia, which hopefully you won't ever need to read.
Combination of vitamins K2 & A essentially cures leukemia | Ray Peat Forum

Yes, thank you very much...believe K very important for me...not only for leukemia, which seems to be gone, but now more importantly for my artery health. Am interested in anything that might help reverse atherosclerosis...the probable cause for my stroke 3 years ago...trying to find best dosage...it's all about my arteries now.

Last edited by a moderator: