Niacinamide Experience

Vida

I have experimented with it but about to give it up. Last night for example, I took it before sleep since it makes me drowsy, tiny dose with a small meal. I feelt irritated, lightheaded and got pain behind my eyes. This morning when I woke up it feelt like a bad hangover and I've had headache all day. Dont really understand what this is a sign of, low bloodsugar, if my liver is supermessed up, low cortisol.

Dopamine

Sometimes it feels like a tranquilizer and makes me feel sleepy and less anxious. Usually I don't feel much at all.

It is amazing for making your skin look great, lightening acne scars, preventing skin cancer etc... I will buy some more but I will probaly use it topically in a hair/body wash and not orally.

B vitamins do get absorbed effectively through the skin and I believe also stay in your body longer this way.

OP
Bahaa El wazzan
Sometimes it feels like a tranquilizer and makes me feel sleepy and less anxious. Usually I don't feel much at all.

It is amazing for making your skin look great, lightening acne scars, preventing skin cancer etc... I will buy some more but I will probaly use it topically in a hair/body wash and not orally.

B vitamins do get absorbed effectively through the skin and I believe also stay in your body longer this way.
@Dopamine

I just took it with 200 mg caffeine and 325 mg aspirin and 5 cups of orange juice

I'm sweating now even though it's giving me feeling of a tranquilizer pill

Emstar1892

I've taken 500mg daily for a few months now. Don't notice any physical effects. Don't often take it with sugar either. But it keeps my skin crystal clear and made my scars heal fast!

Dopamine

@Dopamine

I just took it with 200 mg caffeine and 325 mg aspirin and 5 cups of orange juice

I'm sweating now even though it's giving me feeling of a tranquilizer pill

Ya the tranquilizer effect happens because it is a GABA agonist like Xanax or Diazepam. Unfortunately that effect wore off for me with longer term use.

Vida

Have you used the powder topically? Would it be effective applying it on the face or does it need to be diluted in something to work? Like maybe MCT oil or just plain water.

Dopamine

Have you used the powder topically? Would it be effective applying it on the face or does it need to be diluted in something to work? Like maybe MCT oil or just plain water.

It works fine diluted in water. I've tried it and it works well especially if you just let it sit a few minutes on the skin.

Here is a thread on topical absorption of niacinamide:
Topical Absorption Of Caffeine, Aspirin And Niacinamide

Caffeine is also really good for skin and hair

Last edited:

Queequeg

I am looking into using niacianamide but found some disturbing studies on how it may reduce glucose toleration and insulation sensitivity. Some studies claim it may trigger type 2 diabetes. I posted some of the research here. Niacin/Niacinamide's Effect On Blood Sugar?
I know a lot of people including myself are dealing with increases in blood sugar when peating at first so I am a little scared to adding niacinamide to the mix until I get my blood sugar back down.

Queequeg

insulin sensitivity that is.

TubZy

I was doing 4 grams of niacinimide a day (I logged it), got INSANE sugar cravings

yomama

I've taken 500mg daily for a few months now. Don't notice any physical effects. Don't often take it with sugar either. But it keeps my skin crystal clear and made my scars heal fast!

I read somewhere because its short half-life, dosage above 200(?) or so mg is wasted (as for more than 500mg of vit. C at time).
The supposed toxicity for the liver is because high dosage on long term tends to deplete your methylators stores so if you do chronic supplementation (moderate/not so high dose for long time) you should keep it in mind.

Emstar1892

I read somewhere because its short half-life, dosage above 200(?) or so mg is wasted (as for more than 500mg of vit. C at time).
The supposed toxicity for the liver is because high dosage on long term tends to deplete your methylators stores so if you do chronic supplementation (moderate/not so high dose for long time) you should keep it in mind.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for sure :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals