Niacinamide dosing for diabetes

forterpride

Hello all. My mother has borderline diabetes. Have heard that niacinamide can help lower blood sugar. Does anybody have any sources or experience indicating what dosages she should try for desired effect? I am also having her try using fructose as well as getting ketamine treatment since Peat said Diabetes can be caused by past emotional trauma of which she has a lot of, and I’ve heard great things about ketamine “resetting” the mind and bodies stress. Thank you all in advance.

youngsinatra

I think 500mg three times a day (spaced 4-5h apart) would work fine for this.

But of course, improving her diet is probably necessary to see results. Especially to get all the micronutrients in that are much needed for blood sugar management.
I think magnesium and chromium are very important for keeping blood sugar stable, preventing both hyper- and hypoglycemia.

I don't know much about ketamine and I wouldn't personally use it, unless someone is borderline depressed and in need to experience something positive to leave the learned helplessness state. But there are probably safer ways to achieve this. But I am not necessarily against ketamine.

OP
forterpride

forterpride

I think 500mg three times a day (spaced 4-5h apart) would work fine for this.

But of course, improving her diet is probably necessary to see results. Especially to get all the micronutrients in that are much needed for blood sugar management.
I think magnesium and chromium are very important for keeping blood sugar stable, preventing both hyper- and hypoglycemia.

I don't know much about ketamine and I wouldn't personally use it, unless someone is borderline depressed and in need to experience something positive to leave the learned helplessness state. But there are probably safer ways to achieve this. But I am not necessarily against ketamine.
Thank you youngsinatra. Yes. I have her on pretty good RP “diet” based around milk, gelatin, coffee, mushrooms, raw carrot salad, shrimp, fruit, and she takes K2, magnesium, B complex, and Tyromix as well. Trying to get her to eat some liver a couple times a week as well to get her micros up. So I think her body can handle the niacinamide. Another poster recommended 50mg Niacinamide every few hours...which would be much lower than your rec. Is there any sources for this rec because I can’t seem to find a concensus on this. Thanks.

youngsinatra

Thank you youngsinatra. Yes. I have her on pretty good RP “diet” based around milk, gelatin, coffee, mushrooms, raw carrot salad, shrimp, fruit, and she takes K2, magnesium, B complex, and Tyromix as well. Trying to get her to eat some liver a couple times a week as well to get her micros up. So I think her body can handle the niacinamide. Another poster recommended 50mg Niacinamide every few hours...which would be much lower than your rec. Is there any sources for this rec because I can’t seem to find a concensus on this. Thanks.
Yes you should find out the individual dosage that brings the desired effects.

I think haidut mentioned it somewhere that 1-1.5g is highly beneficial for diabetes.
Article

OP
forterpride

forterpride

Yes you should find out the individual dosage that brings the desired effects.

I think haidut mentioned it somewhere that 1-1.5g is highly beneficial for diabetes.
Article
Thanks. Do you think weight gain is a concern at that dose? I keep seeing that theory pop up around the forum.

youngsinatra

Thanks. Do you think weight gain is a concern at that dose? I keep seeing that theory pop up around the forum.
I did not experience it unless I ate too much dietary fats with it. Maybe the suppressed fatty acid oxidation tends to store the fatty acids rather than burning them.

Why not try the low-dose route first and go up the dose over time? :)

OP
forterpride

forterpride

I did not experience it unless I ate too much dietary fats with it. Maybe the suppressed fatty acid oxidation tends to store the fatty acids rather than burning them.

:) I’ll do that. Thanks youngsinatra.

OP
forterpride

forterpride

Hi youngsinatra. One last question... do you think Pyrucet is better than Niacin for diabetes? Read good stuff about that too but don’t want my mom on 100 supplements. Thanks.

youngsinatra

Hi youngsinatra. One last question... do you think Pyrucet is better than Niacin for diabetes? Read good stuff about that too but don’t want my mom on 100 supplements. Thanks.
I have no personal experience with it and I didn’t do my research on it yet. But I‘ve heard that someone reversed their cancer with it so it seems pretty potent stuff.

But yes, I do agree that you don‘t want your mom to be on 100 supplements, because besides the financial and practical problems, every supplement is also a potent irritant and it‘s best to keep the supplement routine minimalistic.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hello all. My mother has borderline diabetes. Have heard that niacinamide can help lower blood sugar. Does anybody have any sources or experience indicating what dosages she should try for desired effect? I am also having her try using fructose as well as getting ketamine treatment since Peat said Diabetes can be caused by past emotional trauma of which she has a lot of, and I’ve heard great things about ketamine “resetting” the mind and bodies stress. Thank you all in advance.
High blood sugar is a result of cortisol excess, so anything that lowers cortisol should help. Niacinamide helps to deactivate excess cortisol. Aspirin can also be very helpful. Vitamin B6 can help to reduce excess cortisol sensitivity. Vitamin B1 can help to utilize glucose better (synergistic with pyrucet).
Progesterone might also be very helpful since it's a powerful cortisol antagonist.

OP
forterpride

forterpride

High blood sugar is a result of cortisol excess, so anything that lowers cortisol should help. Niacinamide helps to deactivate excess cortisol. Aspirin can also be very helpful. Vitamin B6 can help to reduce excess cortisol sensitivity. Vitamin B1 can help to utilize glucose better (synergistic with pyrucet).
Progesterone might also be very helpful since it's a powerful cortisol antagonist.
Thanks Hans. Do you have dosing rec for Niacinamide for someone looking to reverse diabetes? Again, thanks

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks Hans. Do you have dosing rec for Niacinamide for someone looking to reverse diabetes? Again, thanks
I'd say 1g x2 daily and up to 1.5g x2 daily combined with 1/2 dose Pyrucet each time.

OP
forterpride

forterpride

250mg of the ethyl pyruvate, so that's about 12-13 drops.
Thanks. Last question Hans…do you think these doses of Niacinamide and Pyrucet will cause her to gain weight? Because she really wants to lose weight as well.

i would suggest 25mg of niacinamde per hour, you can mix it in juice and sip throughout the day. If that isn't working increase to 50mg per hour and to 100mg per hour.

and you probably won't lose weight doing this but so what. Fixing the blood sugar and getting off medications is key. Trying to lose "weight" (by which people should say "fat") is very bad here because the person will inevitably run a caloric deficit by eating too little and skipping meals, which raise free fatty acids and perpetuate the problem via the Randle Cycle and release of stored PUFA fats.

OP
forterpride

forterpride

and you probably won't lose weight doing this but so what. Fixing the blood sugar and getting off medications is key. Trying to lose "weight" (by which people should say "fat") is very bad here because the person will inevitably run a caloric deficit by eating too little and skipping meals, which raise free fatty acids and perpetuate the problem via the Randle Cycle and release of stored PUFA fats.
I think I recall Ray saying occasional concentric only weightlifting was ok and that building muscle would help one lose fat. But from what Im getting from your post is that we shouldn’t attempt that until after we’ve resolved the diabetes issue?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks. Last question Hans…do you think these doses of Niacinamide and Pyrucet will cause her to gain weight? Because she really wants to lose weight as well.
By no means can I think of a mechanism how they can promote weight gain. Long term studies with niacinamide doesn't show this either, so she should be good. Just keep an eye on her food intake and food quality ofc.

OP
forterpride

forterpride

By no means can I think of a mechanism how they can promote weight gain. Long term studies with niacinamide doesn't show this either, so she should be good. Just keep an eye on her food intake and food quality ofc.
Awesome. Thank you for your time Hans.