Niacinamide dosing for diabetes

Hans

Forum Supporter
please dont folow this advices, even Ray does not advice this high dosage's and is against it
Haidut has posted many studies showing the benefits of high doses of niacinamide. Boosting NAD is one of the best things you can do. It might just be helpful to add betaine with the niacinamide to prevent methylation dysregulation.
the reason why is Niacinamide deplete glycogen stores very fast, this will CRASH your bloodsugar quickly and hard and when this happens stress hormones rise.
This is not true. It hasn't been tested yet. Niacinamide can have a hypoglycemic effect, but it's not because it depletes glycogen. The true mechanism isn't known. But someone with hyperglycemia will benefit from its effect of lowering blood sugar (not to the point of hypoglycemia ofc). One of the mechanisms I think niacinamide can lower blood sugar is by lowering cortisol and gluconeogenesis.
Also taking niacinamide can be dangerous if you are not in good health.
Not true in all cases. It's highly therapeutic in many cases. (R)
Niacinamide benefits.jpg

if someone is diabetic and is overweight, mostly the liver is fckup to, and have low storage for glycogen.
When this is the case, Niacinamide and aspirin can makes things much worse.
This is also not backed up by research. Boosting NAD is highly therapeutic for the liver. The only study that showed that niacinamide could be bad for the liver was a study in mice overexpressing NNMT. There has also been a case report of someone getting liver issues while using 3g niacinamide per day, but he was on two other drugs which are known to cause liver complications.
And in terms of aspirin, aspirin is great for the liver, protecting against NAFLD (R) as well as more serious conditions, such as fibrosis (R) and Hepatocellular carcinoma (R).
Also niacinamide can give allergic reaction for some people and it raises histamine that can gives some problems.
Also some people noticed a increase of liver enzymes because the liver get inflamed.
This is generally a lack of methyl donors. Betaine and SAMe can help to prevent the rise in histamine. Depleting methyl donors, such as choline or methionine, is known to cause fatty liver. But if you eat eggs and meat, you should be fine. If someone has compromised liver function, then adding in betaine can help. Also, there are many other things you have to look at. Excess cortisol, PUFAs, serotonin, endotoxin and iron and low copper also contribute to fatty liver.

OP
forterpride

forterpride

It depends on how your mother responds. When they gave people that dose of aspirin, they didn't use vitamin K along with it. Some people get nose bleeds at 500mg doses, others don't even in very high doses.
Yes and combined with the Pyrucet.
Hi Hans. Quick question. My mom doesn’t feel safe taking 3gms of aspirin a day. But I can get her to take 500mg with every meal. Do you think that dose could help her diabetes? Thanks.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi Hans. Quick question. My mom doesn’t feel safe taking 3gms of aspirin a day. But I can get her to take 500mg with every meal. Do you think that dose could help her diabetes? Thanks.
Yes that should also work great.

Texon

Haidut has posted many studies showing the benefits of high doses of niacinamide. Boosting NAD is one of the best things you can do. It might just be helpful to add betaine with the niacinamide to prevent methylation dysregulation.

This is not true. It hasn't been tested yet. Niacinamide can have a hypoglycemic effect, but it's not because it depletes glycogen. The true mechanism isn't known. But someone with hyperglycemia will benefit from its effect of lowering blood sugar (not to the point of hypoglycemia ofc). One of the mechanisms I think niacinamide can lower blood sugar is by lowering cortisol and gluconeogenesis.

Not true in all cases. It's highly therapeutic in many cases. (R)
View attachment 24152

This is also not backed up by research. Boosting NAD is highly therapeutic for the liver. The only study that showed that niacinamide could be bad for the liver was a study in mice overexpressing NNMT. There has also been a case report of someone getting liver issues while using 3g niacinamide per day, but he was on two other drugs which are known to cause liver complications.
And in terms of aspirin, aspirin is great for the liver, protecting against NAFLD (R) as well as more serious conditions, such as fibrosis (R) and Hepatocellular carcinoma (R).

This is generally a lack of methyl donors. Betaine and SAMe can help to prevent the rise in histamine. Depleting methyl donors, such as choline or methionine, is known to cause fatty liver. But if you eat eggs and meat, you should be fine. If someone has compromised liver function, then adding in betaine can help. Also, there are many other things you have to look at. Excess cortisol, PUFAs, serotonin, endotoxin and iron and low copper also contribute to fatty liver.
Fantastic list Hans! Concerned though as to kidney and lymphoma adverse effects...I thought NMD was supposed to be good for kidneys and to treat cancers?Also any idea about this for neuropathy or something else really effective?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Fantastic list Hans! Concerned though as to kidney and lymphoma adverse effects...I thought NMD was supposed to be good for kidneys and to treat cancers?Also any idea about this for neuropathy or something else really effective?
Kidney and lymphoma risk from niacinamide? I've only seen studies that it's beneficial and can help protect against kidney problems or cancer.
For neuropathy, it can be low copper, B1, B2 and B12. Other things as well, such as endotoxin, excess iron, heavy metals, etc.

K

Kaur Singh

@forterpride

You can look around for what Peat has said on diabetes. He's got a couple of articles on the main page

and also in the 'radio' programs, someone created this nifty search engine:

I listened recently to an older KMUD program, and he mentioned that the rise in glucose in the blood seems to be a reaction to impaired glucose oxidation inside the cell, so that the body is making it more available.
As such thiamine [B1] could help glucose metabolism through pyruvate dehydrogenase [PDH]
I think B1 and B3 are the Bs you can use therapeutically for sugar issues (that is, slightly higher doses, or as supplements outside of what you get from food)

He's also mentioned how is father used brewer's yeast to 'cure' his diabetes.
Most likely the B vitamins content.

Your mother has had issues for a looong time before finally showing up as 'a light diabetes' or whatever the doctor wants to call it.
As such, starting low and slow with any supplement, and even any dietary changes, would seem wise.
Measuring pulse and temperature. Thyroid, etc.

Texon

Kidney and lymphoma risk from niacinamide? I've only seen studies that it's beneficial and can help protect against kidney problems or cancer.
For neuropathy, it can be low copper, B1, B2 and B12. Other things as well, such as endotoxin, excess iron, heavy metals, etc.
Thanks for writing. Add to the list a bout of mild covid infection a few months ago (now long haul cvd) and a recent diagnosis of effects of mold toxins