Niacinamide dosing for diabetes

OP
forterpride

forterpride

By no means can I think of a mechanism how they can promote weight gain. Long term studies with niacinamide doesn't show this either, so she should be good. Just keep an eye on her food intake and food quality ofc.
Sorry to bother you again Hans. But my mother is weary of taking too many things. Do you think going just with the Niacinamide and no Pyrucet can be ok and effective or is the Pyrucet crucial? Thanks Hans.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Sorry to bother you again Hans. But my mother is weary of taking too many things. Do you think going just with the Niacinamide and no Pyrucet can be ok and effective or is the Pyrucet crucial? Thanks Hans.
Pyrucet isn't crucial, but it works synergistically with niacinamide. Niacinamide hasn't actually been shown to reverse diabetes, but inhibiting fatty acids oxidation, such as with Pyrucet, can dramatically improve insulin sensitivity. I'd rather say aspirin and pyrucet would be best. Adding niacinamide helps to increase NAD and inhibit various NAD catabolizing enzymes, thus supporting proper energy production.

youngsinatra

Pyrucet isn't crucial, but it works synergistically with niacinamide. Niacinamide hasn't actually been shown to reverse diabetes, but inhibiting fatty acids oxidation, such as with Pyrucet, can dramatically improve insulin sensitivity. I'd rather say aspirin and pyrucet would be best. Adding niacinamide helps to increase NAD and inhibit various NAD catabolizing enzymes, thus supporting proper energy production.
@Hans do you think all those substances are even needed if an individual just starts eating a no-oil low-fat diet? (10-15% of total calories)

I‘ve seen many testimonials by the online coaching group of Mastering Diabetes with a really lot of people reversing their type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetes and insulin resistance by lowering fat significantly and eating a whole lot of carbs and a lot of fruits.

I am not a fan of their plan per se, which is plant-based, but I follow a similar eating plan with the addition of nutritious lean ground beef and organ meats. (+ low-fat dairy products, if I could tolerate it)

I am just wondering if it isn‘t a necessity of an individual to switch to low-fat eating while taking niacinamide and pyrucet, to have the most benefits?

OP
forterpride

forterpride

Don't forget to supplement TMG also.
What is TMG? Nothing personal but this is the frustrating part. My mother is on a limited income and can’t afford taking a ton of supplements. Was hoping one or 2 cheap and accessible ones would do the trick. Thank you for responding though. Don’t get me wrong.
Thanks Hans. About how much Aspirin per day? She’s on 15mg K2 so she should be ok taking aspirin.

Solboy

What is TMG? Nothing personal but this is the frustrating part. My mother is on a limited income and can’t afford taking a ton of supplements. Was hoping one or 2 cheap and accessible ones would do the trick. Thank you for responding though. Don’t get me wrong.

Thanks Hans. About how much Aspirin per day? She’s on 15mg K2 so she should be ok taking aspirin.
Trimethylglycine. It works as a methyl donor which high dosages of niacinamide can rapidly deplete. If you don't take much niacinamide then there's no need.

Hans

Forum Supporter
They used 6-8g for type 1 diabetics and frequently use 3-4g for type 2 diabetics, so I'd say around that range is good to try out. Also, alpha lipoic acid seems to work pretty good for lowering blood sugar.

OP
forterpride

forterpride

They used 6-8g for type 1 diabetics and frequently use 3-4g for type 2 diabetics, so I'd say around that range is good to try out. Also, alpha lipoic acid seems to work pretty good for lowering blood sugar.
Do you think the 15mg of K2 will be enough to counter the blood thinning/bleeding effects of 3gms of aspirin? I remember I used to get bloody noses when I was taking over a gram of aspirin daily. Thanks.

Also…this would be coupled with the 250mg of Pyrucet twice daily correct?

Last edited:

Hgreen56

I think 500mg three times a day (spaced 4-5h apart) would work fine for this.
please dont folow this advices, even Ray does not advice this high dosage's and is against it.
the reason why is Niacinamide deplete glycogen stores very fast, this will CRASH your bloodsugar quickly and hard and when this happens stress hormones rise.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTVWMWXNpP4

Also excess niacin dramatically increase the need for choline, niacin will block choline so you need to increase choline.
Also taking niacinamide can be dangerous if you are not in good health.
if someone is diabetic and is overweight, mostly the liver is fckup to, and have low storage for glycogen.
When this is the case, Niacinamide and aspirin can makes things much worse.
Also niacinamide can give allergic reaction for some people and it raises histamine that can gives some problems.
Also some people noticed a increase of liver enzymes because the liver get inflamed.

so taking niacinamide has some consequences. special when someone is not healthy.
So like always start with very low doses. like 25mg or something (use a scale) and see how it works.

Also don't take different stuff together if you don't now how your body respond to it (like niacinamide with aspirin for example)

Also biotin, thiamin and caffeine is maybe something to try if niacinamide or aspirin does not work.

Attachments

• Niacinamide ended me up with an inflamed liver with enzymes in the 300s..png
    Niacinamide ended me up with an inflamed liver with enzymes in the 300s..png
    12.6 KB · Views: 33
  • battling blood sugar issues 6+ months. high doses niacinamide, thiamin asprin did nothing, caf...png
    battling blood sugar issues 6+ months. high doses niacinamide, thiamin asprin did nothing, caf...png
    9.3 KB · Views: 37
  • take with every 50g-60gr sugar-meal 300mg thiamine + caffeine to make sure the sugar is oxidiz...png
    take with every 50g-60gr sugar-meal 300mg thiamine + caffeine to make sure the sugar is oxidiz...png
    70.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
OP
forterpride

forterpride

please dont folluw this advices, even Ray do not advice this high dosage's

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTVWMWXNpP4

Niacinamide deplete glycogen stores very fast, this will CRASH your bloodsugar quickly and hard and when this happens stress hormones rise.

also excess niacin dramatically increase the need for choline, niacin will block choline.
Also taking niacinamide can be dangerous if you are not in good health.
if someone is diabetic, mostly the liver is fckup to, and have very low storage for glycogen.
Niacinamide and aspirin can makes things worse.
also niacinamide can give allergic reaction for some people.
also some people noticed a increase of liver enzymes beceause the liver get inflamed with niacinamide.

so taking niacinamide has some consequences. special when someone is not healthy.
so take a very low doses. like 25mg or something (use a scale) and see how it works

Well you’re right about the liver. My mom has slightly fatty liver as well as type 2 diabetes in the lower range. Any conservative approach/supplements you can recommend for her? Thanks.

ps. With all due respect…what’s your thoughts on this @Hans ?

Not trying to create a war in this thread. Just desperate for a safe solution/approach. Thanks to all for your input.

Hgreen56

Any conservative approach/supplements you can recommend for her? Thanks.
juist try a low doses and see how she react. if she crash fast, than lower the doses or increase the carbohydrate intake to keep the liver glycogen full.
She drinking coffee with caffeine everyday? how is that going?

Vileplume

Hey @forterpride , does your mother monitor her blood sugar with a blood glucose meter in the hours following a meal? This would allow you to track which foods, and which supplements, have which effect.

OP
forterpride

forterpride

juist try a low doses and see how she react. if she crash fast, than lower the doses or increase the carbohydrate intake to keep the liver glycogen full.
She drinking coffee with caffeine everyday? how is that going?
Thank you for your responae. Coffee yes. But decaf. She can’t handle caffeine well without getting loose stools.

OP
forterpride

forterpride

Hey @forterpride , does your mother monitor her blood sugar with a blood glucose meter in the hours following a meal? This would allow you to track which foods, and which supplements, have which effect.
No she does not. Her doctor told her her diabetes “isn’t that bad yet” to require that. But That sounds like a good idea and wise investment to monitor the effects of any supplements and such. Any recs on a good accurate meter I could buy her? Thanks.

Hgreen56

Thank you for your responae. Coffee yes. But decaf. She can’t handle caffeine well without getting loose stools.
Funny, for me is the opposite. My intestines hate coffee but i am fine with pure caffeine pills.
Everyone is different.

edit: this topic is maybe also interesting

Last edited:

Vileplume

I’m not sure where you live, but in the US I just bought this standard glucose meter at CVS (picture attached). Walgreens and Rite Aid will have similar. You buy the meter and testing strips separately, but in total it cost about $60 for 200 tests, with refills even cheaper.

It’s nice because when she feels extra good, or extra bad, she can test her blood sugar and learn to correlate symptoms with blood sugar levels. Plus, if you test say 1.5 hours after each meal, you will begin to notice which meals have positive effects.

I also do not have severe diabetes, just borderline type 2 as indicated by fasting blood sugar, but the glucose meter made it easy for me to see which foods spiked blood sugar, and which ones kept it relatively stable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 5
OP
forterpride

forterpride

I’m not sure where you live, but in the US I just bought this standard glucose meter at CVS (picture attached). Walgreens and Rite Aid will have similar. You buy the meter and testing strips separately, but in total it cost about $60 for 200 tests, with refills even cheaper.

It’s nice because when she feels extra good, or extra bad, she can test her blood sugar and learn to correlate symptoms with blood sugar levels. Plus, if you test say 1.5 hours after each meal, you will begin to notice which meals have positive effects.

I also do not have severe diabetes, just borderline type 2 as indicated by fasting blood sugar, but the glucose meter made it easy for me to see which foods spiked blood sugar, and which ones kept it relatively stable.
Awesome. Thanks. I will definately buy this for her. So 1.5 hours after every meal and keep a log of what she ate. Will do. Thanks Vileplume

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do you think the 15mg of K2 will be enough to counter the blood thinning/bleeding effects of 3gms of aspirin? I remember I used to get bloody noses when I was taking over a gram of aspirin daily. Thanks.

Also…this would be coupled with the 250mg of Pyrucet twice daily correct?
It depends on how your mother responds. When they gave people that dose of aspirin, they didn't use vitamin K along with it. Some people get nose bleeds at 500mg doses, others don't even in very high doses.
Yes and combined with the Pyrucet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals