Niacin/Niacinamide's Effect On Blood Sugar?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Well I decided to have 250mg of Niacinamide last night and another 125 mg this morning.

Appetite is through the roof, again, ravenous for sugar.

I don't think I can eat enough to maintain such a high metabolism.

Also, father is type 2 diabetic, so I think B3 is a no go for me.

Blue Water

I have only seen niacin causing diabetes studies,and that due to insulin resistant caused by free fatty avid rebound effect.and niacinamide don't have that rebound.
At what dose does the FFA issue become a problem regarding niacin? I've been taking 50mg in the morning for the flush on an empty stomach and was thinking about adding in niacinamide or taking additional niacin in the evening. My primary goal is to reduce LDL and increase HDL cholesterol somewhat.

RealNeat

"Niacin-induced insulin resistance was initially attributed to a rebound effect in adipose tissue where increased non-esterified fatty acids (NEFA) release from niacin impairs the effects of insulin signaling[160][161] This is plausible, as insulin resistance can be induced with 24-hour NEFA infusion in rodents.[132] Other sources suggest that insulin resistance is not associated with the NEFA rebound, however, since subjects with NAFLD who experience insulin resistance from niacin therapy do not necessarily have increased serum NEFA.[123]."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals