Niacin-like Flush From Diet Alone?

itchaboyagain

At one point about 2 years ago I did a raw meat only diet for about a month (just raw meat and suet fat). During this time I had niacin flushing symptoms occasionally after eating, raised temp, warm heaf, face, chest, prickly sensation on warm areas. You know the drill.

I had forgotten about this until a friend texted me that she is getting the same symptoms after eating as well. However, she is not eating an all raw animal food diet, so there seems to be almost no relation in terms of diet, although I'm sure it plays it's part.

My question is, has anyone ever experienced this or heard of it happening and knows what the underlying biological reasoning might be? I can't seem to find any literature on a "natural niacin flush" so to speak.

I'm just assuing this is niacin related becasue the symptyoms are exactyly the same as a supplemental niacin flush. It's just puzzling.

Miso

The only “food” i ever had a niacin flush was with brewers yeast; liver is rich in niacin as well but never experienced with it

OP
itchaboyagain

itchaboyagain

A histamine reaction perhaps?
Hmmm yeah there are some overlapping symptoms. Problem is the symptoms align perfectly with a niacin flush and none of the extras found only in a ahistamine reaction like headaches,

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hmmm yeah there are some overlapping symptoms. Problem is the symptoms align perfectly with a niacin flush and none of the extras found only in a ahistamine reaction like headaches,
Try 325mg aspirin and see if it reduces the flush. If not, try an anti-histamine or mast cell stabilizer.

reality

Possible histamine reaction (aged beef?) or blood sugar drop from the protein, and adrenaline/cortisol reaction to bring it back up.