Niacin IR Sauna Detox

x-ray peat

What are your thoughts on the Niacin IR Sauna Detox protocol. The basic ideas is that the Niacin induced lypolysis and fat burning releases a large amount of toxins that can be removed by sweating in the sauna.

anyone try it? does it make sense?

here is a summary from Dr Cracola were he interviews Dr Yu who is promoting this.

Niacin, Exercise, and Sauna: Detoxification Program for You

"Story at-a-glance
  • The average person is likely to have more than 500 – 1,000 times higher levels of toxic chemical in the fat compartment of their bodies, which includes all fatty adipose tissues, brain and lipids in blood, than what is revealed in their blood serum
  • A simple way to “detoxify” more correctly to mobilize and eliminate is to optimize your lean body mass, because most of the toxins are fat soluble and are released when the fat is burned for fuel or energy to maintain the body functions
  • Certain toxic chemicals, such as dichlorodiphenyldichloroethylene (DDE), which is a metabolite of dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT), is consistently about 1,000 times higher in fat than the blood serum levels in the average person whether you have been directly exposed in or not
  • The commonly used term “detoxification” is the mobilization and elimination of toxic chemicals, either through your skin and/or GI tract, which are the two organs that have the largest surface areas compared to other organs
  • Other organs also assist in the elimination process, but they are slower. A safe and effective way to detox is to use a combination of niacin (vitamin B3), exercise, sauna therapy, and any instrument to generate heat and promote sweating
  • Substances such as activated charcoal and zeolite clay (and even oils) will also help bind toxic chemical that are then eliminated through your GI tract"

Last edited:
OP
x-ray peat

x-ray peat

Ray is not a fan at all. I forget when and where but he wrote about this.
Yeah, I just found a clip were he specifically says that the flushing effect is a potent stressor. I'm sure he would also not like the encouragement of lypolysis and release of FFAs too. I was thinking that it may be ok if only used in a short term detox program but I just realized that there is also the problem with released toxins ending up in the brain.

IMO a plain IR sauna seems to be a better way to detox

Dr Cracola wrong again.

ken

Actually that's the narc anon addiction treatment plan. It's one of the Scientology fronts. Interestingly, Hoffer when treating schizophrenia with niacin noted that it helped alcoholics. He told Bill W, who spent his last ten years proposing it as a treatment for alcoholics. Then L Ron Hubburt picked it up as the cornerstone of his treatment centers.

whit

I used niacin for years and rather enjoyed the flush effect and the GABA rush afterwards. But not until Peat did I understand what was happening and stopped.
The histamine spike is just the beginning of the damage.
We use niacinamide now.
IR saunas are incredible and coupled with MB can be quite healing we've found.

OP
x-ray peat

x-ray peat

Actually that's the narc anon addiction treatment plan. It's one of the Scientology fronts. Interestingly, Hoffer when treating schizophrenia with niacin noted that it helped alcoholics. He told Bill W, who spent his last ten years proposing it as a treatment for alcoholics. Then L Ron Hubburt picked it up as the cornerstone of his treatment centers.
Yeah I read about the L Ron connection. I think the secret to his success is that he actually found things that worked and used that as the basis for getting people to join his cult. Of course once they are hooked on a bit of positive psychology or they become sober or whatever works for them, they are slowly led down the garden path and revealed little by little the rest of the sci fi BS that comes with it.

OP
x-ray peat

x-ray peat

I used niacin for years and rather enjoyed the flush effect and the GABA rush afterwards. But not until Peat did I understand what was happening and stopped.
We use niacinamide now.
i agree. I may start a thread on home made IR saunas as mine doesnt seem to be as good as it could be.

whit

[Q"RichardDobson, post: 328574, member: 4401"]Bump! Is niacin good or bad for you at lets say 100 mg?[/QUOTE]
I believe the general census here is around 1000mg niacinamide in devided doses.
Cheers

Sunrise

Sounds great. Could you detail dosis which supplement please and how many days for each pls

Locutus

We use niacinamide now.
What is MB?

Waynish

Those things work well for me :) I would add water of course. I would take niacinamide a few hours before sauna w/ the meal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals