Niacin - Intestinal Permeability And Oxidative Stress In Patients With Alcoholic Pellagra

charlie

The Law & Order Admin

Blossom

Thank you @charlie. I knew thiamine was helpful for recovering alcoholics but I didn’t know about niacin.

Tarmander

Thank you @charlie. I knew thiamine was helpful for recovering alcoholics but I didn’t know about niacin.
I believe B3 was part of the original alcoholic anonymous protocol from Bill, but was taken out to be accepted by the mainstream.

Blossom

I believe B3 was part of the original alcoholic anonymous protocol from Bill, but was taken out to be accepted by the mainstream.
Interesting. I noticed everyone I’ve worked with who is hospitalized for alcoholism is put on thiamine.

Tarmander

Interesting. I noticed everyone I’ve worked with who is hospitalized for alcoholism is put on thiamine.
I dont think niacin is part of the emergency protocol for alcoholism, but part of how you address the desire for alcohol.

Blossom

I dont think niacin is part of the emergency protocol for alcoholism, but part of how you address the desire for alcohol.
Yes, it would probably work better if niacin was added. :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Whats the verdict on Niacin/Niacinamide? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 25
L Niacin made me sick Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 7
I Niacin-like Flush From Diet Alone? Ask For Help or Advice 4
SOMO Niacinamide + Vit C = Niacin? Ask For Help or Advice 0
ddjd Niacinamide Great For Sleep. Niacin Terrible. Why? Ask For Help or Advice 10
Hgreen56 How Do You Think About This? 'How To Take Niacin Without Getting Diabetes' Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
Frankdee20 Advice On Niacin For High Lipids ? Ask For Help or Advice 4
Hgreen56 Niacinamide Inhibits Fatloss And Niacin Improve It? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 10
Hgreen56 Is Whey Perfect Tool To See If Your Body Convert Into Niacin Or Serotonin? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
Ras Metabolic Compound Could Rewind Fertility Clock For Women (Niacin) Vitamins 0
H Niacin Skin Sensitivity Is Increased In Adolescents At Ultra-High Risk For Psychosis Scientific Studies 2
Kingpinguin Sirtuins Needed To Convert Niacin To Nicotinamide. Nicotinamide Responsible Increased Lifespan Scientific Studies 1
Kingpinguin Niacin Activates The G Protein Estrogen Receptor (GPER)-mediated Signalling Scientific Studies 0
jzeno Niacin Helps Me To Fall Asleep. Similar Effect For Anyone Else? Experiments 7
redsun Testimonial For Niacin - It Just Works Testimonials 110
charlie Dementia Or Pellagra? Niacin Deficiency In The 21st Century Mind, Sleep, Stress 0
charlie SIBO, GERD, LPR, IBS, & Colitis Could Be Vitamin B3 Deficiency - "Niacin Treats Digestive Problems" Digestion, Gut Flora 47
charlie Interaction Among Niacin, Vitamin B6 And Zinc In Rats Receiving Ethanol Scientific Studies 3
charlie Niacin Ameliorates Ulcerative Colitis Scientific Studies 11
S Niacin Therapy For Hair Regrowth Male Issues 42
A Why Niacin Effects Some People And Doesn't Effect Another? Supplements 3
A Niacin NOT The Same As Niacinamide, Acts Differently Regarding Lipolysis? Vitamins 13
A AMAZING Workout Experience With NIACIN Vitamins 7
Frankdee20 Thoughts On Niacin For Lipids ? Ask For Help or Advice 5
Lokzo Effect Of Pharmacological Doses Of Niacin On Testicular Structure And Function Scientific Studies 8
GorillaHead Does Anyone Know If 250mg Daily Niacin Dose Is Safe? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 8
GorillaHead Niacin Flush Symptoms Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
D Iron Deficiency Reduces The Efficacy Of Tryptophan As A Niacin Precursor. Lower NAD Scientific Studies 5
GorillaHead Revisting Niacin Miscellaneous Health Discussions 15
burtlancast High Dose Niacin (6g/day) Reduces Hypercholesterolemia By 20% Or More Scientific Studies 1
sean sean Niacin Safe? Diet 0
D Niacin Increases Steroidgenic Acute Regulatory Protein? Vitamins 3
L Niacin, Niacinamide And Methylation B3/Niacinamide 4
L Niacin And Niacinamide At The Same Time? Vitamins 6
M How To Dissolve Niacin Amide And Aspirin For Topical Use? Ask For Help or Advice 1
x-ray peat Niacin IR Sauna Detox Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 9
B Landmark Study - Vitamin B3 Aka Niacin Aka NAD Prevents Miscarriages And Birth Defects Scientific Studies 3
R Niacin Vs. Niacinamide Vitamins 17
Amazoniac What's The Reason Why Milk Has A Low Niacin Content? Milk 19
G Which Brand Of Niacin/Niacinamide Is The Best? Hair & Nails 10
G Making Topical Niacin Spray, But Can't Dissolve Hair & Nails 5
L Can Be Niacin Deficiency One Of The Reasons Of High Estrogen In Some People? Health 5
Queequeg Niacin/Niacinamide's Effect On Blood Sugar? Blood Sugar 40
M Niacin Positive Effects (mood Especially) B3/Niacinamide 11
P Prolonged Niacin Treatment Leads To Increased Adipose Tissue Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid Synthesis Scientific Studies 5
EndAllDisease Niacin Vs Niacinamide Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 18
D Niacinamide Or Just Plain Niacin? B3/Niacinamide 155
Advocate2021 Doxycycline vs. Amoxicillin? prescribed incidentally for ear/sinus infection but true goal has been to reap intestinal and other benefit Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 42
paciencia Damaged Intestinal Villi Ask For Help or Advice 2
J Would It Be Effective To Mix Aspirin Tablet With Charcoal For A Intestinal Disinfectant? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3