NHS UK to give progesterone to prevent miscarriage

Drareg

This is somewhat of a positive, progesterone prescribed for miscarriage in the UK, let’s hope it’s bio identical, the brand is Utrogestan.

Researchers at Tommy’s National Centre for Miscarriage Research and the University of Birmingham say giving progesterone to women with early pregnancy bleeding and a history of miscarriage could lead to 8,450 more babies being born each year.

The team have published 2 new studies showing both the scientific and economic advantages of prescribing a course of progesterone pessaries to women from when they first present with early pregnancy bleeding up until 16 weeks of pregnancy to prevent miscarriage.

Participants were randomly assigned, in a 1:1 ratio, to administer to themselves vaginal suppositories containing either 400 mg of micronized progesterone (Utrogestan, Besins Healthcare) or matching placebo twice daily, from the time of randomization through 16 completed weeks of gestation (or earlier if pregnancy ended before 16 weeks)

Sounds like they are catching up to something Ray Peat said a long time ago!

"In the 1930s, it was demonstrated that estrogen, even in small doses, produced abortions, and that when it is given early enough, even a very small dose will prevent implantation of the fertilized embryo. Progesterone was known, by the early 1940s, to protect against the many toxic effects of estrogen, including abortion, but it was also known as nature's contraceptive, since it can prevent pregnancy without harmful side-effects, by different mechanisms, including prevention of sperm entry into the uterus. That is, progesterone prevents the miscarriages which result from excess estrogen (1,2), but if used before intercourse, it prevents conception, and thus is a true contraceptive, while estrogen is an abortifacient, not a contraceptive." -Ray Peat

area51puy

Forum Supporter
Could this be in response to vaccines causing miscarriages, and hopes progesterone can prevent this

P

Peatness

This is good news, let’s hope they can stop using estrogens hrt as well. I agree that it could be a reponse to covid injection miscarriages.

Atonewithme

Forum Supporter
Could this be in response to vaccines causing miscarriages, and hopes progesterone can prevent this
I was going to reply similarly. I thought I would add that it won’t be long before the increased miscarriage rate is reported as an effect of global warming.,

OP
Drareg

Drareg

I think they wanted the miscarriages, depopulation, some good science and public policies will still slip through the net of authoritarianism until they total control, we still have the illusion of democracy so people act accordingly, I think this treatment is an example of that.