Newbie where to start?

JohnGLASGOW

Hi I am a little confused on exactly where to get dr peat's info from ? and his protocols etc so I can understand . I am new to him , very long term sick with very complex stuff going on. in a really bad way health wise so wanting to learn . it's all a bit confusing at the moment all can see is massive amount of threads but I cannot see much directly from dr peat ?

any pointing towards info would be appreciated (particularly male hormone stuff ) . Maybe I should just post some of my issues in the relevant sub thread but looking for some actual info. Should I be sourcing his stuff from youtube or something ? cheers

mostlylurking

Hi I am a little confused on exactly where to get dr peat's info from ? and his protocols etc so I can understand . I am new to him , very long term sick with very complex stuff going on. in a really bad way health wise so wanting to learn . it's all a bit confusing at the moment all can see is massive amount of threads but I cannot see much directly from dr peat ?

any pointing towards info would be appreciated (particularly male hormone stuff ) . Maybe I should just post some of my issues in the relevant sub thread but looking for some actual info. Should I be sourcing his stuff from youtube or something ? cheers
Use these search engines:
for Ray Peat articles: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless use the search cell on the left.
for Ray Peat interviews: Ray Peat Search type your search word into the cell, wait a minute or two; a list of links appear of interviews, pick one.

You will do better if you learn what Ray Peat himself has to say about a topic. Conflicting ideas on this forum can cause confusion.

Perry Staltic

Have you removed high-PUFA vegetable oils (basically all oils except olive and coconut oils) from your diet as much as reasonably possible? That IMO is the first essential step, and in some cases may be all that is needed.

Jessie

Danny's Youtube and Twitter provides a lot of good stuff. The "RayPeatClips" guy on this forum also has a YT channel that has many of the herb doctor episodes with Peat. Functional Performance Systems also offers a lot of Peat's information. Ray's website and newsletter is of course good sources. There's also several Ray Peat adjacent individuals worth checking out, like Tim Berzins and Kyle Mamounis. They both have YT channels.

This is just my opinion, but I highly recommend looking at Ray's advice in more of a principle format then a literal format. Particularly when focusing on the diet/nutritional aspects. I've seen people take some of these ideas to literally and it leads them down fringe roads. It's much better to look at Ray's approach as generalized principles, such as minimizing PUFA, toxic gums, phosphates, bad fibers, etc. You can follow these principles without making strict boundaries on what you should or shouldn't be eating.

It's normally when people start going down these fringe roads of eating nothing but liquids, and/or when they eat astronomically large amounts of calories, that problems unironically begin to arise. The calorie one is really confusing tbh, because Ray has always been a CICO guy. That person on here (who has since disappeared) that was eating like 5-6 thousand calories a day for "weight loss" was completely bonkers, lol. I've never heard Ray recommend high calorie consumption for weight loss. In fact, his recommendation to eat lowfat dairy is preciously because sedentary people don't need the extra calories from fat.

Jessie

Oh, can't forget Hans either! His website MenElite provides excellent information as well.

OP
J

JohnGLASGOW

Have you removed high-PUFA vegetable oils (basically all oils except olive and coconut oils) from your diet as much as reasonably possible? That IMO is the first essential step, and in some cases may be all that is needed.
Hi perry yeah , for many years. just those 2 oils consume

OP
J

JohnGLASGOW