Newbie Guide To Vision And Myopia Improvement

what's progress like ?
I have started feeling like the weak contact lenses are too strong, so I think maybe there is some progress. It sucks that I almost can’t wear my full strength glasses (brand new) or I get nausea. Next contact lenses order I will take another 0.25 off, but I am late with that as usual.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

I have started feeling like the weak contact lenses are too strong, so I think maybe there is some progress. It sucks that I almost can’t wear my full strength glasses (brand new) or I get nausea. Next contact lenses order I will take another 0.25 off, but I am late with that as usual.

I have never read of anyone doing this with contact lenses, it will also complicate things.

Are you sure that's a good idea ?

it's so much easier to get many pairs of glasses

I have never read of anyone doing this with contact lenses, it will also complicate things.

Are you sure that's a good idea ?

it's so much easier to get many pairs of glasses
I paid 90€ for the lenses in my current glasses, with nothing but anti-glare treatment. What kind of glasses do you use? I have to order contacts every three months, so I can just pick a different prescription. I could even just buy one month's worth, even though they cost much more (30 lenses per month instead of 3 per 3 months).

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

I paid 90€ for the lenses in my current glasses, with nothing but anti-glare treatment. What kind of glasses do you use? I have to order contacts every three months, so I can just pick a different prescription. I could even just buy one month's worth, even though they cost much more (30 lenses per month instead of 3 per 3 months).

I use these glasses
https://www.selectspecs.com/glasses...ategory_ids=10&offset=0&group=1&sort=priceasc

3 pound a pair. I drop my prescription frequently so there's no point in spending much on them

InChristAlone

I bought mine on Zenni optical, they have some frames as cheap as 7 US dollars.

cheap and basic

ebay also sell cheap glasses

distance glasses | eBay

but avoid the ones from china , they once sent me the wrong prescription.

also it is harder to find -0.75, -1.25, -1.75, -2.25, -2.75, on ebay
Ok I got new contacts, am at -4.25/-3.50 down from -4.75/-4 official contacts prescription, no problems at the moment. What is the best way to make the two eyes' strength more similar? Eg keep changing the weak eye but not the strong eye until they are the same. And what about astigmatism?

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Ok I got new contacts, am at -4.25/-3.50 down from -4.75/-4 official contacts prescription, no problems at the moment. What is the best way to make the two eyes' strength more similar? Eg keep changing the weak eye but not the strong eye until they are the same. And what about astigmatism?

for astigmatism - I would read these. Astigmatism Archives - endmyopia.org

For different myopia in each eye, personally I would order a pair of glasses like -4, -3.75 per eye. Some people use a patch on one eye if the the myopia is not the same in each eye

I don't use contact lenses though.
Maybe buy 15 pairs of the same glasses, but different strengths, and pop out the lenses so you can fit the prescription to your needs.

"What is the best way to make the two eyes' strength more similar? Eg keep changing the weak eye but not the strong eye until they are the same"

that explains everything. when you reach -1, start using same strength lenses

What I did was just buy every strength glasses from -4 to +1. this method works and is much simpler.

Last edited:
for astigmatism - I would read these. Astigmatism Archives - endmyopia.org

For different myopia in each eye, personally I would order a pair of glasses like -4, -3.75 per eye. Some people use a patch on one eye if the the myopia is not the same in each eye

I don't use contact lenses though.
Maybe buy 15 pairs of the same glasses, but different strengths, and pop out the lenses so you can fit the prescription to your needs.

"What is the best way to make the two eyes' strength more similar? Eg keep changing the weak eye but not the strong eye until they are the same"

that explains everything. when you reach -1, start using same strength lenses

What I did was just buy every strength glasses from -4 to +1. this method works and is much simpler.

Very nice, thank you. Will keep updated.

koolaidshade

Been lurking this forum for a bit.

in 2010 when i started college, my contact lens prescription was -4.5 (it was adjusted from an eyeglass prescription of -4.00 with astigmatism) but a year later (2011) i got the contact Rx down to -4.00 without astigmatism by wearing reduced lenses, and i think down to -3.75 sometime my second year of college. towards my senior year of college and after graduation, Rx went up to -4.25, and now it is at -4.5 again, but i've been pretty lazy with the hormesis stuff (wore the contacts even when doing stuff up close instead of taking them off or using reading glasses over them.

Lately i've been wearing these readers that block out blue light, at +2.0, over my contact lenses whenever i use the computer. like many posters in here have said, taking more than -0.25 off a prescription might be a little too much, as i've also noticed.

totalpigeon

I've been wearing weaker contact lenses with the same idea in mind, but I've been being much more aggressive with the changes.
-6.5 in both eyes, first drop was to -5.75.
First month (they were monthly lenses) was a bit blurry at distance all the way through, but the second pair of -5.75 I put on had perfect clarity.
My latest prescription would only let me go down to -5.5, but after a week I'm fairly sure my eyes are almost comfortable with this strength, so I'm purchasing additional lenses to try a -5.0 and am hoping to continue at 0.5 jumps every month or perhaps even earlier (which seems reasonable based on current progress).

My theories on what is going on here:

I suspect a large part of the improvement is down to the peat eating, reducing toxins accumulated in the eye and helping it to be more flexible. This gives your eye a wider range of distances across which it can focus comfortably. Inclined bed therapy (5°) may also have helped me with shuttling these toxins away from my eyes (I seem to remember that people found their vision improved while doing this, though I don't recall any specifics).

So, firstly a portion of the potential viewing range may be lost due to lower flexibility in the eye from toxin accumulation.

Secondly, the shape of the eye presumably adapts so that its resting position is at the most common viewing distance. (This has generally been reading or staring at a pc screen for me). As such, the eyes can become very comfortable and relaxed with close up viewing, but must be flexed considerably for distance. Naturally, there is a limit to this flexion, at which point clarity is lost.

As the midrange of the flexibility is not centred on the potentially useful viewing distances, but instead at the reading or pc viewing distance, the limits of your eyes flexion are sub optimal. Some of the flexion is effectively wasted on the excessive capability to focus on objects that are close to the eye.

Increasing the strength of your glasses improves your distance vision by effectively moving the midpoint of your eye range further out. As your midpoint is excessively close, you have spare flexibility to see things that are close and so it does not affect your close up vision. However, unless you change your viewing habits, the eyes shape adapts to make the most common viewing distance ideally comfortable again, and your distance vision goes once again.

In consideration of my little theory here, I've had a stroke of luck in a shuffle of desks at work. I now have the pleasure of a window seat in the office (with a good bit of sunlight in the morning directly onto me, which I won't discount the likely benefit of) and a varied selection of signs / car license plates in clear sight across 30-50m away, which is ideal for forcing my eyes to focus at all sorts of distances.
I've been attempting to adapt my resting range to something more reasonable by looking out of the window at the most blurred signs I can just about make out on my legally mandated break from the pc every hour.

0.5 diopters every month (or less) is the dream! I'd get a great deal of satisfaction from walking back in on my optician with another 1.5 jump in a few months.

Motif

So not wearing glasses would improve vision?
Never improved anything for me and others who refused wearing glasses

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

So not wearing glasses would improve vision?
Never improved anything for me and others who refused wearing glasses

no not true, going without glasses would damage your eyes and strain you

finding the point of blur and the point of calibration.]

as I said going without glasses puts too much strain on the eyes, so you just use a mild blur for reading for example

@johnwester130

I checked endmyopia

"Science: Your Glasses Cause Myopia “Intervention with prescriptive lenses and that refractive correction of myopia will lead to accelerated progression.”

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

@johnwester130

I checked endmyopia

"Science: Your Glasses Cause Myopia “Intervention with prescriptive lenses and that refractive correction of myopia will lead to accelerated progression.”

he never said stop wearing glasses completely.

glassses have their place. going from -4 to no glasses would be disastrous

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals