Newbie Guide To Vision And Myopia Improvement

0.25 is probably the safest drop , I jumped from -4 to -3.5 and it was too much

what are you using for close up reading ? i went from -2.5 to -1.25
I have a +1 glass I put over the full strength glasses. But with the contacts it would be too much even for screen time.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

What about wearing cheap $5 dollar reading glassse is that ok?

for what ?

The only goal is to make everything a mild blur. If reading glasses help you do this, for example when doing close up, then yes they would be okay.

so for example, someone with -2 in both eyes, may need to use reading glasses of +1 when reading a book to create blur.

someone with minus 4 in both eyes would not need a plus lens yet.

Iceman2016

Just to share my experiences with myopia, I used to have a prescription of -3.75 in both eyes until just a few years ago. My prescription hadn't changed much for over two decades.

I've always avoided the sun since I was a teenager from the constant barrage of news about how sun exposure is bad for you and accelerates aging. I'm 45 now and for whatever reason regularly pass for being in my 20s so I guess maybe there's some truth to the sun damage thing.

Anyway, once I was exposed to Peat a few years ago, I upped my sun exposure dramatically and make it a point to get a decent amount of sun as often as possible.

What's interesting is I started getting headaches as the day would progress and thought it might have something to do with me wearing my contacts or glasses. I had stopped wearing my glasses or contacts unless I absolutely needed them at around the same time I started increasing my sun exposure. So I went to get my eyes checked and it turns out my prescription had decreased from -3.75 to -3.00. My optometrist was surprised but had no explanations other then, "it happens". Anyway, I am having the headaches again about 6 months later so I go back to the optometrist and my prescription has gone down again to -2.25. My optometrist is curious of what I'm doing because he doesn't normally see consistent lowering of prescriptions in adults. Some more time passes and I have been getting headaches from wearing even these weaker contacts/glasses. I suspect my prescription has gone down again but I haven't had a chance to go to the optometrist yet to confirm.

I'm looking forward to trying the endmypoia.org stuff. Thanks for posting this information!

Just to share my experiences with myopia, I used to have a prescription of -3.75 in both eyes until just a few years ago. My prescription hadn't changed much for over two decades.

I've always avoided the sun since I was a teenager from the constant barrage of news about how sun exposure is bad for you and accelerates aging. I'm 45 now and for whatever reason regularly pass for being in my 20s so I guess maybe there's some truth to the sun damage thing.

Anyway, once I was exposed to Peat a few years ago, I upped my sun exposure dramatically and make it a point to get a decent amount of sun as often as possible.

What's interesting is I started getting headaches as the day would progress and thought it might have something to do with me wearing my contacts or glasses. I had stopped wearing my glasses or contacts unless I absolutely needed them at around the same time I started increasing my sun exposure. So I went to get my eyes checked and it turns out my prescription had decreased from -3.75 to -3.00. My optometrist was surprised but had no explanations other then, "it happens". Anyway, I am having the headaches again about 6 months later so I go back to the optometrist and my prescription has gone down again to -2.25. My optometrist is curious of what I'm doing because he doesn't normally see consistent lowering of prescriptions in adults. Some more time passes and I have been getting headaches from wearing even these weaker contacts/glasses. I suspect my prescription has gone down again but I haven't had a chance to go to the optometrist yet to confirm.

I'm looking forward to trying the endmypoia.org stuff. Thanks for posting this information!
That's crazy! But how did you walk around the house without lenses when you had -3.75?

Iceman2016

That's crazy! But how did you walk around the house without lenses when you had -3.75?

I don't know... I never really thought about it. I have very good close vision (zero presbyopia) and have never had any issues with working at a my laptop or desktop computers. Doing any work on my phone (like typing this post) was never was a problem either.

I guess the only things I really felt I needed my glasses for at -3.75 were driving and social situations like school, going out, parties, etc., so basically only things outside the house.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

this is incredible

there are more success stories here

Improving Eyesight - Massive Success Stories Of All The 20/20 Gains!

What I have done, is bought every pair of glasses below -4, so -3.75, -3.5, -3.25 etc.
When i reach -2, start using a plus lens to create mild blur.
It's slow but steady progress

InChristAlone

I usually walk around my house without glasses and I am a -3.00 to -3.25 .

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

I usually walk around my house without glasses and I am a -3.00 to -3.25 .

May I suggest that a -.275 is more realistic and reasonable.

The improvements come from doing close up work at blur point,
and looking into the distance at blur point.

Too much blur = no improvement

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

this is the real way to do it, buy every lens strength and gradually reduce

when the minus lens no longer produces blur at close up, start using a plus lens to produce mild blur

IMG_20180707_234610.jpg

so ray peat, who is -9 in both eyes, could start using -8.75 for everyday use.

for close up , he would need a -7 to produce a mild blur. gradually reduce as the eye adjusts to the blur. when you get to -2, use about a +0.5 to produce blur.

this is it. this is how you improve eyesight, I am saving you from readings thousands of articles and hundreds of youtube videos .

InChristAlone

this is the real way to do it, buy every lens strength and gradually reduce

when the minus lens no longer produces blur at close up, start using a plus lens to produce mild blur

IMG_20180707_234610.jpg

so ray peat, who is -9 in both eyes, could start using -8.75 for everyday use.

for close up , he would need a -7 to produce a mild blur. gradually reduce as the eye adjusts to the blur. when you get to -2, use about a +0.5 to produce blur.

this is it. this is how you improve eyesight, I am saving you from readings thousands of articles and hundreds of youtube videos .
Yes I totally agree. My vision was a bit complicated in the beginning though as I had different levels of astigmatism in either eye. I can get pretty lazy now about active focus. Which is why I'm not making much progress.

Man Peat is a -9? Where did he say that? He is at risk of retina detachment.

Glassy

My right eye was -1.75 and my left -1.25. They had steadily gotten worse over years but about 10 years back I broke my glasses and couldn’t afford a new set (I was out of work). My eyes actually steadily got better and I found fixing my diet seemed to make a difference. Since peating I think my eyes have gotten even sharper and I suspect it’s helped by the gelatine.

I haven’t even considered getting new glasses as my vision is now better than when I was a teenager. My right eye is not a strong as my left and I tend to rely on my left for driving. I occasionally close my left eye and try to use my right until I need to see something more clearly. I would love my right eye to catch up but it seems that eye is much better focusing close up. I sometimes wonder if my long distance depth perception is hindered by only using my dominant eye.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Yes I totally agree. My vision was a bit complicated in the beginning though as I had different levels of astigmatism in either eye. I can get pretty lazy now about active focus. Which is why I'm not making much progress.

Man Peat is a -9? Where did he say that? He is at risk of retina detachment.

I can't find it now.

he mentioned it in relation to high altitude and carbon dioxide

i think it was mentioned here

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/how-to-improve-eyesight.5605/

Last edited:

shepherdgirl

@johnwester130
Cool, thanks - I will check out the website. I have one more kind of weird question though - you say to drop your correction by say 2 diopters for close work/computers, and that it should be a little blurry. Would the font size make a difference here? For example, if I can barely read a small font size at a particular distance, it would be much easier for me to read a larger font size at that distance, because even though the amount of blur is still the same, the letters are bigger and the same amount of blur has less effect on my interpretation of the letters. Basically I am lazy: if I get a pair of glasses that gives me a little blur for the font size I typically use, and then my eyes improve so that I can see the text sharply through those glasses, can I just shrink the font size so that it is a little blurry again? Would that still work to reduce the myopia (so that I won't have to bother with reducing the prescription as often)?

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

@johnwester130
Cool, thanks - I will check out the website. I have one more kind of weird question though - you say to drop your correction by say 2 diopters for close work/computers, and that it should be a little blurry. Would the font size make a difference here? For example, if I can barely read a small font size at a particular distance, it would be much easier for me to read a larger font size at that distance, because even though the amount of blur is still the same, the letters are bigger and the same amount of blur has less effect on my interpretation of the letters. Basically I am lazy: if I get a pair of glasses that gives me a little blur for the font size I typically use, and then my eyes improve so that I can see the text sharply through those glasses, can I just shrink the font size so that it is a little blurry again? Would that still work to reduce the myopia (so that I won't have to bother with reducing the prescription as often)?

yes, chaging font size is a good idea used by many people on endmyopia.org

TheHound

I also tried doing this a while ago. So for example i currently have a prescription with a SPH of -2.75 in the right and -3 in the left so I'll order new glasses with about 0.5 less of a correction for each eye for computer and closer stuff. Do we also need to reduce the CYL (astigmatism) correction? Both my eyes are -1.25 for CYL

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals