Newbie Guide To Vision And Myopia Improvement

johnwester130

firstly, what is your prescription now ? for example it is -4.5 each eye.

then you should drop to -4 in each eye and use them for everyday use.

secondly, you need another pair of glasses for computer work and close up work. this can be about -2.5

If I was to summarise the entire method on www.endmyopia.org,
it would be to make sure everything you do has a mild blur to it. If there is too much blur , then the eye will not improve. Like weightlifting weights that are too heavy.

so a basic example.
-4 in each eye.
start using -3.5 for everyday use.
use -2.5 when at a computer .

gradually drop as you feel your eyesight improve. this take 4-6 weeks.

This is the same as putting + glasses ($20) on top of your contact lenses

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

This is the same as putting + glasses ($20) on top of your contact lenses

can you explain this ???

if my contact lenses were -4 in each eye,

i put on a pair of +2 lenses, my eyesight becomes -2. so what ?

The idea is that the eye adjusts to the blur through active focus. read the endmyopia eyesight.
but it has to be slight blur.

There is science showing how the eye changes with glasses and blur
And Then There Was Science - endmyopia.org

the only people who would need plus glasses would be people at -1 and below, this is the only way to make your eyesight mildly blurry

Last edited:
can you explain this ???

if my contact lenses were -4 in each eye,

i put on a pair of +2 lenses, my eyesight becomes -2. so what ?

The idea is that the eye adjusts to the blur through active focus. read the endmyopia eyesight.
but it has to be slight blur.

There is science showing how the eye changes with glasses and blur
And Then There Was Science - endmyopia.org

the only people who would need plus glasses would be people at -1 and below, this is the only way to make your eyesight mildly blurry

You mean they don’t make +0.5 glasses?

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

You mean they don’t make +0.5 glasses?

I don't know what you are asking.

But this method is for people who are at -4, -5, -6.

When you reach -2, it gets a little bit more complicated and trickier, but the principles are the same.

No BS guide to Vision Improvement - Sept 2016.pdf

"
For best results, order another pair of glasses for close up stuff, such as reading or working on a
computer. Do this by adding +1.25 to your distance prescription for computer work and +2.50 for
reading. For example, if you've got a -6.00 then, -6.00 + 1.25 = -4.75
If you follow this process and reduce your prescription down to -2.00, or if you start out at -2.00
(or less) you have a decision to make. Watch this: -2.00 + 2.50 (for reading) = +0.50 "

Last edited:
Ok I'm -4.5 and got some +1 glasses

But it's really easy to use them for the computer screen. I don't really see a blur. Is this normal?

They really make the screen bigger so it's almost easier. On the downside, the edges are really distorted which gives me some nausea.

@johnwester130

Thoushant

@Such_Saturation -4.5+1.25= -3.25 this is the glasses you should get for now, for computer use. Then when you are comfortable at -4.5, switch to -3.5 normal and -3.5+1.25= -2.25 computer use. This is following the formula, but maybe you can get -3.5 glasses for computer use, and eventually use them as everyday, to prevent getting 10+ glasses in the process :) The pdf talks about comparing 40/20 to 20/20 and go by that. I feel it would be obvious when you start to notice new details in distance without glasses on, so going by different strength might influence the time to adjust, but you are still improving.
I'm at the 0 mark, and used a higher strength computer glasses by mistake, it still seems to work, but yeah, might be uncomfortable.

@johnwester130 Thanks for the tips, I've gone from LR -1.5/-1.25 to even -1.0 now. Currently using +0.25 for computer.

fixing the difference in eye strength is making it easier for me in terms of controlling face/emotions and keeping eye contact.

It's interesting that I got +0.75 or 1.0 by mistake: it made me more controlled of body movement and lessend some tension when picking up things. In hindsight I would say with normal myopic vision you get a free package of low grade frustration and tension esp in forearms, inability to integrate sensory feedback to vision.
Also I notice when I pass strangers in narrow passages, I have less trouble assessing how far I should move. With -1.5 it literally feels like people are walking towards/against me, which made me agitated/irritated, without it's not a problem.
given the huge focal length jumps at 2-0, I think this website might be a miracle to fix some weird social emotional behavioral/postural issues I can't put words on.

Last edited:
OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Ok I'm -4.5 and got some +1 glasses

But it's really easy to use them for the computer screen. I don't really see a blur. Is this normal?

They really make the screen bigger so it's almost easier. On the downside, the edges are really distorted which gives me some nausea.

@johnwester130

I don't understand why you need +1 glasses.

you should drop to -4 for everyday use.

For using a computer, maybe a -2 would work.

For someone with perfect eyesight, they can use a +2 when using a computer ot reading to prevent myopia.

The goal is to create just slight blur. People with high myopia don't need the plus lens until they dtop to -1.

I don't understand why you need +1 glasses.

you should drop to -4 for everyday use.

For using a computer, maybe a -2 would work.

For someone with perfect eyesight, they can use a +2 when using a computer ot reading to prevent myopia.

The goal is to create just slight blur. People with high myopia don't need the plus lens until they dtop to -1.
I could not find +0.5 glasses. And I don't want to change my contact prescription. So I use + glasses on top of contacts.

InChristAlone

The computer lenses should give you a bit of a blur, if not then no improvement. I started at -4.25 with over -1 astigmatism. I am now at -3.25 for driving (though I do try to use -3) with no astigmatism correction. I use -2.25 for PC work and take them off when I am on my phone. I don't see anyone getting much 20/20 gains if they don't want to reduce contact lens strength (or take them out when doing lots of reading).

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

I think putting a plus lens over contact lenses complicates things, but still works.

Just buy lots of pair of glasses that are slightly reduced

InChristAlone

I think putting a plus lens over contact lenses complicates things, but still works.

But to get a blur you'd be in glasses all the time so what's the point of wearing the contacts?

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

that's true.

I actually think jumping down -0.5 is too much, even from -4.

A -4 in both eyes should go with -3.75 for everyday ise
and a -2 for computer work , and keep on dropping every month.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

I am shocked that this method actually works.

For computer work I have had to push my screen back a few inches and changed from -2.5 to -2, but I am staying at -4 for everyday activity.

For reading books, I use no glasses.

So using a +1 glass over my contacts I could use the computer with no blur within a couple of days of putting them on in the evening for a few hours. After a couple of weeks I don't think I actually gained 1, but now when I'm outside it's as though my prescription is working better in some way, so that means I made at least some amount of gains. I am impressed and when I order contacts again I'll knock a bit off the prescription, as you suggest.

I have knocked 0.25 from my contacts prescription 3 months ago, and it has been weird because the gains seem to vanish really easily. I wear this prescription every day but if I just wear my normal stronger prescription for one day, the next day I feel that I have lost all gains. Furthermore, it feels like I am hitting a wall even with such a small change. Ideally I think I should have trouble going back to my normal prescription if my muscles had truly changed, but this is not the case. I will knock another .25 off with my next order and keep my fingers crossed.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

I have knocked 0.25 from my contacts prescription 3 months ago, and it has been weird because the gains seem to vanish really easily. I wear this prescription every day but if I just wear my normal stronger prescription for one day, the next day I feel that I have lost all gains. Furthermore, it feels like I am hitting a wall even with such a small change. Ideally I think I should have trouble going back to my normal prescription if my muscles had truly changed, but this is not the case. I will knock another .25 off with my next order and keep my fingers crossed.

that's strange

I think you have to actively focus and do things that are mildly blurry to see improvements, like reading

that's strange

I think you have to actively focus and do things that are mildly blurry to see improvements, like reading
It feels a bit like a gym training wall. I don’t struggle with this prescription but it hasn’t gotten easier either. Unfortunately 0.25 is the smallest change I can get with the contacts.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

It feels a bit like a gym training wall. I don’t struggle with this prescription but it hasn’t gotten easier either. Unfortunately 0.25 is the smallest change I can get with the contacts.

0.25 is probably the safest drop , I jumped from -4 to -3.5 and it was too much

what are you using for close up reading ? i went from -2.5 to -1.25

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals