Newbee, Researching the Peat approach to eating.

whitnatchee

I have been listing to lots of youtubes from Josh Rubin and listening to a lot of the Ray Peat interviews on East West Healing website. I find Ray Peat to be very interesting and a seems to be my kind of guy.
I am 58 years old and have had lots of setbacks in life, mostly around diet. I have tried many diets and have never experienced much relief from inflammation, and a lack of good healing sleep.
I look back at my life and see that I have basically ruined myself from a lack of calories, the right ratios etc. Now I'm trying find out what are the right foods to reduce inflammation and to eat enough of these foods.
I want to thank in advance, any help that I might get from the members of this forum. Thank You.

OP
W

whitnatchee

all meals started out with 4 HCI
14 days on one cynomel a day, 1/2 a.m., 1/2 p.m. Warm for first time in my 58 years!

6 oz liver, 1c beets-turnips, coco oil salt at 7:30 am.

10:51 am, 8g G.L. gelatin, 6oz shrimp, 1c squash

1:30 pm 6oz ground lamb, kale brocolli, coco oil salt applesauce

3:30 pm carrot coco oil, salt

5pm, 6 oz OJ

5:30 pm, 6 oz liver, 18 grams G.L. gelatin, salt, 4 squares 90% chocolate

7:30 pm baked chicken thighs, carrot, onion, garlic, baked potato, 3t butter, salt.

9:30 pm, 6 oz OJ.

Any and all feedback accepted. Thanks!

J

j.

Looks good, apparently you did a lot of research already and are on the right track.

Was the brocolli cooked? It's important that it is, otherwise it would be goitrogenic.

J

j.

Regarding your supplementation, there are differing opinions on this, but it seems to me better to take a thyroid supplement with both T3 and T4, like cynoplus, instead of cynomel which has T3 only.

OP
W

whitnatchee

I cook everything.
Will be doing another thyroid test soon. Will consider your opinion. Thanks.

jyb

I think cooking the carrots would them useless as a gut cleaner, in addition to making the high beta carotene content absorbed...