New Zealand no longer has horse paste ivermectin available

AncestralJoy

Used to be able to get the pure ivermectin paste like 6 months ago. Now there are only combo pastes available.
Since the customs ppl have taken multiple packages from me so i cant seem to get anything from overseas I'm curious as to how dodgy the other drugs in the ivermectin horse paste would be. Anyone know of these and any contraindications. Its a way higher dose of the praziquantel than the ivermectin too which prob isn't great..

Active Ingredient​

An aniseed-flavoured gel formulation for oral administration. Each 30 mL syringe delivers 120 mg Ivermectin and 1500 mg Praziquantel sufficient to treat a horse of 600 kg bodyweight.

Actions​

Ivermectin acts as a gamma amino-butyric acid (GABA) agonist that causes neuromuscular blockage, which causes paralysis and death of the parasite. Praziquantel kills cestodes by disrupting the integrity of the tegument and by interfering with glucose metabolism.

Don

Here is the dosage off goggle. maybe do some math and see what the amount in the paste would equal too, to get your ivermectin dose.
. The dose is 25 milligrams (mg) per kilogram (kg) of body weight taken 3 times a day for 1 day only. Each dose should be at least 4 hours apart and not more than 6 hours apart.

HighT

Here is the dosage off goggle. maybe do some math and see what the amount in the paste would equal too, to get your ivermectin dose.
. The dose is 25 milligrams (mg) per kilogram (kg) of body weight taken 3 times a day for 1 day only. Each dose should be at least 4 hours apart and not more than 6 hours apart.
That sounds like crazy dose. Wasn't it 3mg for an average seized person? Or are you talking about horse dosing or 25mg of the paste (not the active ingridient).

Perry Staltic

No it's typically 200 mcg per kg, or 20 mg per 100 kg. Your dose is too high.

Don

I thought you meant IVM
my bad !
What I meant was, Praziquantel is used for humans so if the dosage for the amount of ivermectin you need contains an acceptable dosage of Praziquantel(since they are both in the medication) then that product might be ok to use in New Zealand if your life is on the line and cant find just ivermectin by itself..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom