*NEW* vitamin D information everyone needs to know!

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

P

Peatness

I found this to be very well done:

Thanks this is a great discussion. Here is the timestamp

00:00 Welcome and introductions
01:15 Vitamin D initial review in May 2020
03:40 VitaminDforAll letter https://vitamindforall.org/letter.html
07:00 Inference and randomized controlled trials
11:05 Vitamin D toxicity
13:08 Public health authorities are worse than incompetent
15:07 Vitamin A and D toxicity
19:17 Negative Brazil vitamin D study
21:05 Positive studies on vitamin D
23:00 Normal function of vitamin D
25:20 Vitamin D from the sun and supplements
29:07 Africa and sunshine
30:21 MERS and seasonality
31:30 Ecuador and sunshine
33:03 Air pollution in Italy and Korea
35:00 Brazil and vitamin D deficiency
36:55 Jamaica and politically correct science
39:46 Censorship from big tech
43:26 Health disparities and funding
47:14 Operation Warp Speed
50:18 Pascal's wager
52:02 Intelligent heroes and cognitive dissonance
54:30 Financial incentives
56:40 Pre-hormone D
58:04 Vitamin D from food
01:00:11 Avoiding colds and flu in winter season
01:04:15 Australia lockdown
01:05:10 Finland and food fortification
01:05:54 Sweden and Somali refugees
01:08:30 Recommended Daily Allowance
01:10:44 Vitamin D and mechanism for COVID immunity
01:15:00 Excusing doctors and "disproving" vitamin D in underpowered studies
01:21:38 Fluvoxamine and monoclonal antibodies
01:24:40 Emergency use authorization
01:25:32 Reducing harm with vitamin D
01:29:30 Zoonotic transmission and driving COVID extinct
01:35:51 Influenza outbreaks and vaccines
01:37:33 Not just vitamin D
01:39:57 What distinguishes vitamin D
01:42:00 Vitamin D, sun, and balance of risk
01:46:23 3 recommendations
01:47:47 Suspicion of public health authorities
01:50:44 Debunking negative studies
01:53:14 What does vitamin D expose
01:57:40 Funding of journals and fact checkers
01:59:25 Wrap up

The paper -

Evidence Supports a Causal Role for Vitamin D Status in Global COVID-19 Outcomes​

Not sure what the 10 10 9.9 is about. Can't seem to get rid of it

Dr. B

Yeah at what dosage? Boron is used to kill ants, but it's also a necessary mineral for humans.
Boron isnt considered essential for humans according to Peat or the fda. it might have some benefits but like vanadium, nickel, tin and silicon theres no rda currently established or confirmed essentiality!

David PS

Boron isnt considered essential for humans according to Peat or the fda. it might have some benefits but like vanadium, nickel, tin and silicon theres no rda currently established or confirmed essentiality!
From the abstract of the following article:
No estimated average requirements (EARs) or dietary reference intakes (DRIs) have been set for boron—only an upper intake level (UL) of 20 mg/d for individuals aged ≥ 18 y. The absence of studies showing harm in conjunction with the substantial number of articles showing benefits support the consideration of boron supplementation of 3 mg/d for any individual who is consuming a diet lacking in fruits and vegetables or who is at risk for or has osteopenia; osteoporosis; osteoarthritis (OA); or breast, prostate, or lung cancer.

P

Peatness

@TheCalciumCad posted this elsewhere

FIBczhmXMAEESwD

Mossy

Any thoughts out there on the supposed more "bio-available" form of B5, pantethine, for use with D3?

Austin Resch

I recommend Sperti Vit D lamp. In winter and when otherwise can't get good sunshine, use every other day 5 minutes and never have to worry about O.D.-ing on oral Vit D.
How long have you been using the lamp for? Would using this on the skin "tan" the skin if used long enough?

Doc Sandoz

How long have you been using the lamp for? Would using this on the skin "tan" the skin if used long enough?
I bought it a little over a year ago. Used at most for 5 minutes a day, it won't tan the skin. I don't believe the UV it puts out is tanning wavelength anyway.

I seldom use it between Spring Equinox and Fall Equinox because I get plenty of sun during the warm months - enough to build up a store of D for the winter when I "top off" every other day with five minutes of Sperti.

Austin Resch

I bought it a little over a year ago. Used at most for 5 minutes a day, it won't tan the skin. I don't believe the UV it puts out is tanning wavelength anyway.

I seldom use it between Spring Equinox and Fall Equinox because I get plenty of sun during the warm months - enough to build up a store of D for the winter when I "top off" every other day with five minutes of Sperti.
Thank you for the reply, have you done before/during/after testing of vitD levels to see how the lamp usage effects it?

I am curious if there Fiji tanning lamp would provide both tanning and vitD wavelengths, but have not come across any info confirming this.

Doc Sandoz

Thank you for the reply, have you done before/during/after testing of vitD levels to see how the lamp usage effects it?

I am curious if there Fiji tanning lamp would provide both tanning and vitD wavelengths, but have not come across any info confirming this.
Nope, no blood tests, I abhor getting blood tests. Just go on how I feel.

Half an hour of summer sun makes for a distinct feeling of energy and well-being. Takes longer in spring and fall. I got a small dose of that feeling from the Sperti when I first started with it midwinter last when I was low on D. Now I view it as a top-off device. Build up D in the warm months, and use the Sperti to keep levels up through the winter. Only a week now until the sun is high enough again for UV from the sun at my latitude.

Sorry, no knowledge re the Fiji lamp.

Austin Resch

Nope, no blood tests, I abhor getting blood tests. Just go on how I feel.

Half an hour of summer sun makes for a distinct feeling of energy and well-being. Takes longer in spring and fall. I got a small dose of that feeling from the Sperti when I first started with it midwinter last when I was low on D. Now I view it as a top-off device. Build up D in the warm months, and use the Sperti to keep levels up through the winter. Only a week now until the sun is high enough again for UV from the sun at my latitude.

Sorry, no knowledge re the Fiji lamp.
Right on,

I like that approach. Do you have a particular sun "protection" routine for before/after sun exposure to avoid/help with burns, or do you mainly limit exposure length?

aniciete

Right on,

I like that approach. Do you have a particular sun "protection" routine for before/after sun exposure to avoid/help with burns, or do you mainly limit exposure length?
Burning would be caused from pufa or low vitamin d levels. I can sit in the sun for hours now and not burn

Austin Resch

Burning would be caused from pufa or low vitamin d levels. I can sit in the sun for hours now and not burn
Absolutely, that has generally been my experience as well, given gradual acclimation to the sun.

I recently spent a week in florida, and the sun was beaming the entire time. Since I came from Canada (winter) I did burn slightly at first.

Do you get strong sun exposure year round?

aniciete

Absolutely, that has generally been my experience as well, given gradual acclimation to the sun.

I recently spent a week in florida, and the sun was beaming the entire time. Since I came from Canada (winter) I did burn slightly at first.

Do you get strong sun exposure year round?
Yes I did for a couple years until I moved up north this year. I’ve also been using a sperti whenever I don’t get sun.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals