New Version Of Hair Like A Fox By Danny Roddy

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I read it cover to cover last night! I appreciate the fact that he is putting his story out there for those who are ready for, open to and in need of genuine healing. I admire his contribution. He is an inspiration. I didn't really learn anything new but I'm glad I read it and think it will be a paradigm shift for those unfamiliar with Peat. If it helps one person it's worth it. I have already recommended it to others.

JohnL

Hello,
I have just found the book "HairLikeFox" and I read it very eagerly. It is the best book I have read for a long time. Very very informative. It is eye-opening, I loved it!
I have a few doubts that I hope people here could help me understand:

I am confused about the caffeine recommendation as I read: "Furthermore, they show that acute administration of caffeine stimulates prolactin secretion via an action that is independent of oestradiol feedback and which we suggest, may involve the ACTH/adrenal axis"
The circulating concentrations of FSH, LH and prolactin in the oestradiol-implanted ovariectomized ewe treated with caffeine. - PubMed - NCBI

I would like to know your view about the fact that a high percentage of bodybuilders are bald, which can be seen as surprising due to their control of cortisol and estrogen levels using aromatase inhibitors and their use of thyroid hormones. Hair loss is a recurrent topic in any bodybuilding forum. Adding to that the fact that, that specific population group "plays" with their levels of estrogen, prolactin, testosterone, T3, in order to maximize their muscle building capacity it got me wondering why there is such a high percentage of bodybuilders that complains about hair loss and asks for advice in the forums.?

To finish, would you think supplements like CoQ10(ubiquinone), ALA, L-carnitine, PQQ help in the efficient production of energy through the mitochondria and therefore help the hair protocol ?

Thanks
JohnL

OP
Dan W

Dan W

I am confused about the caffeine recommendation as I read: "Furthermore, they show that acute administration of caffeine stimulates prolactin secretion via an action that is independent of oestradiol feedback and which we suggest, may involve the ACTH/adrenal axis"
The circulating concentrations of FSH, LH and prolactin in the oestradiol-implanted ovariectomized ewe treated with caffeine. - PubMed - NCBI
This study might make a case for there being a different reaction in regular humans: Caffeine lowers prolactin

NathanK

So whats new in this addition? I think i have 2 (or maybe 3?) of his older ebooks. They were nice starter kits for the more scientifically inclined

Pablo Cruise

This study might make a case for there being a different reaction in regular humans: Caffeine lowers prolactin

Interesting to me is a number of shampoos/conditioners, etc now contain Caffeine. One H&S product has Niacinamide (a form of Niacin) and caffeine as predominant ingredients and promise better thicker hair after 2 weeks. I am not saying the advertising is accurate but why are they included in topical formulations? Caffeine topically stimulates hair growth? and Niacinamide is vasodilator and anti PGD2?
My hair looks a little thicker :)