New user - need advice

Milly

Hi I am new to this forum, in fact the first forum I have ever actually been involved in. I am seeking some advice in regards to Pregnenolone. I recently suffered a severe case of trigeminal neuralgia - extremely painful. I refused to take the anticonvulsant drugs the doctors recommended and have worked my way through the pain with chiropractic care and acupuncture. The pain is there most days but is starting to settle but now I have developed anxiety. Doctors wanted me to go on anti-depressant medication but I thought I would try Pregnenolone first. I took one 30 mg tablet on Tuesday night and it was the best sleep I have had in a month and woke up with minimal pain. Did the same Wednesday night - again great sleep and had the best day for pain and anxiety yet, however later that afternoon I started to feel quiet anxious, thinking I needed to have more Pregnenolone I took another tablet and was awake nearly all night with continuous anxiety which I still have. Have I taken too much Pregnenolone? Has this happened to anyone and how long did it last. Can I still use the Pregnenolone but at smaller doses? I was hoping that Pregnenolone was my alternative to the antidepressants - any advice greatly appreciated.

J

j.

The effects of pregnenolone are highly variable, even in the same person. But if you reacted positively to pregnenolone, that probably means you have low thyroid function, so why just not go ahead and start taking thyroid? You could also start a pro-thyroid diet to help your body improve.

OP
M

Milly

Do not know anything about thyroid or how to take it. I assume I could google a pro-thyriod diet. Gave in yesterday to the antidepressant - big mistake had a very bad reaction to it. I just have to try and work out what is happening to my body and try to control it - I assuming that I have too much cortisol hence the anxiety - just have to work out ways to lower it. Will look into thyroid.

AmandaWald

Magnesium supplements, combined with a magnesium-rich diet, can help with anxiety.

I use Mg glycinate.

tomisonbottom

Milly said:
Do not know anything about thyroid or how to take it. I assume I could google a pro-thyriod diet. Gave in yesterday to the antidepressant - big mistake had a very bad reaction to it. I just have to try and work out what is happening to my body and try to control it - I assuming that I have too much cortisol hence the anxiety - just have to work out ways to lower it. Will look into thyroid.

Are you eating a Ray Peat style diet?

It will help with cortisol, anxiety and thyroid, all your hormones in fact. That's basically the whole premise of Ray Peat style eating, e.i. hormone balance.

If you're not, see this page for a starting point and start implementing this way of eating as soon as possible.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20

OP
M

Milly

Thanks everyone for your advice - will get started as soon as possible.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals