New user - need advice

Milly

Hi I am new to this forum, in fact the first forum I have ever actually been involved in. I am seeking some advice in regards to Pregnenolone. I recently suffered a severe case of trigeminal neuralgia - extremely painful. I refused to take the anticonvulsant drugs the doctors recommended and have worked my way through the pain with chiropractic care and acupuncture. The pain is there most days but is starting to settle but now I have developed anxiety. Doctors wanted me to go on anti-depressant medication but I thought I would try Pregnenolone first. I took one 30 mg tablet on Tuesday night and it was the best sleep I have had in a month and woke up with minimal pain. Did the same Wednesday night - again great sleep and had the best day for pain and anxiety yet, however later that afternoon I started to feel quiet anxious, thinking I needed to have more Pregnenolone I took another tablet and was awake nearly all night with continuous anxiety which I still have. Have I taken too much Pregnenolone? Has this happened to anyone and how long did it last. Can I still use the Pregnenolone but at smaller doses? I was hoping that Pregnenolone was my alternative to the antidepressants - any advice greatly appreciated.

J

j.

The effects of pregnenolone are highly variable, even in the same person. But if you reacted positively to pregnenolone, that probably means you have low thyroid function, so why just not go ahead and start taking thyroid? You could also start a pro-thyroid diet to help your body improve.

Milly

Do not know anything about thyroid or how to take it. I assume I could google a pro-thyriod diet. Gave in yesterday to the antidepressant - big mistake had a very bad reaction to it. I just have to try and work out what is happening to my body and try to control it - I assuming that I have too much cortisol hence the anxiety - just have to work out ways to lower it. Will look into thyroid.

AmandaWald

Magnesium supplements, combined with a magnesium-rich diet, can help with anxiety.

I use Mg glycinate.

tomisonbottom

Milly said:
Do not know anything about thyroid or how to take it. I assume I could google a pro-thyriod diet. Gave in yesterday to the antidepressant - big mistake had a very bad reaction to it. I just have to try and work out what is happening to my body and try to control it - I assuming that I have too much cortisol hence the anxiety - just have to work out ways to lower it. Will look into thyroid.

Are you eating a Ray Peat style diet?

It will help with cortisol, anxiety and thyroid, all your hormones in fact. That's basically the whole premise of Ray Peat style eating, e.i. hormone balance.

If you're not, see this page for a starting point and start implementing this way of eating as soon as possible.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20

Milly

Thanks everyone for your advice - will get started as soon as possible.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P First Time Hormone User Need Preg Dosage Advice Pregnenolone 5
fever257 Former Finasteride User, Need Improvement Male Issues 9
V HPA Dysfunction ( Low Dhea-s) Former Anabolics User ( Bloodwork Included) Ask For Help or Advice 16
jzeno Guide To Ray Peat: Simple, User-friendly Guide To Applying Lessons Learned From The Research Of RP Experiments 24
G New User Meet & Greet 2
D Ex Propecia User! Low Estrogen / High Prolactin Desperate For Help! Male Issues 52
L Need serotonin antagonist herbs Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
M Does a lot of copper increase the need of vitamin C? Ask For Help or Advice 10
M Best bitters for digestion and how to find out what kind of digestion support I need ? Digestion, Gut Flora 10
A Coconut flour?/Bulking and need quick calories Diet 42
E Help with Devastating Iatrogenic condition - i need your knowledge Ask For Help or Advice 7
Cloudhands Need help interpreting blood panel Ask For Help or Advice 17
M Athletes - greater need for which nutrients? Ask For Help or Advice 32
Igorevich Diabet, Anxiety, MPB, Brain Fog, need advice Mental Issues 2
youngsinatra Overmethylation - A Day Of Horror - Need Help! Ask For Help or Advice 12
B Borderline Hypothyroid, Histamine Intolerance? Leaky Gut? Hydrogen Sulfide SIBO?? Need Help Digestion, Gut Flora 24
Sam321 Need support in weaning off sleeping pills. Ask For Help or Advice 15
Philomath Need help debunking or confirming- Study claims reduction in cognitive performance due to wearing masks, and their increase in CO2. Scientific Studies 27
D CBD Oil : Need Advice > Pro's / Con's Health 0
G Why Do I Need Such Huge Thyroid Dosages? Ask For Help or Advice 23
V I need advices for increasing my sex drive Sexuality 42
Bandooli In need of help - am I hypothyroid? Ask For Help or Advice 0
Atma Honey Increases the Need for Nutrients? Sugar, Honey 1
bzmazu Virologists Report Poor Man’s Amino Acid Cure For Covid-19 Would Abolish Need For Vaccines Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 2
B Need some assistance with calories. Ask For Help or Advice 7
J Need help - huge stress response, worried what to do Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 27
R May need higher dose of glycine (10g)? Amino Acids 0
Pina Do I need to worry about these cholesterol levels? Cholesterol 2
M New here - Might need a little help Meet & Greet 9
J High sugar diet has wrecked my teeth, Decay and dentist say i need filling Oral Health 42
G Possible mold exposure - I need to sleep Ask For Help or Advice 13
N Do you need extra calcium with high dose k2? K 16
Razvan I need help pls help me guys Ask For Help or Advice 5
T need to reset sleep! Male Issues 3
D Mucuna Pruriens induced crash, need advice Mental Issues 9
T Need help for friend who was floxxed by cipro an antibiotic Ask For Help or Advice 9
S Libido - ED - Need some help pls [DHT / Minox? ] Male Issues 112
T Need hjelp with understanding my blood tests. Blood Work, Labs 10
T Need someone to talk to derealized state Mental Issues 8
Giraffe We don't need Covid-20. We just carry on with Covid-19. Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 5
I All My Issues - Need Help Ask For Help or Advice 22
Raven Need Your Help! T3/T4? Desiccated Thyroid? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 15
T Twitching Out! Got It On Video Need Help Male Issues 38
IVILA Feeling Really Lazy, Low Libido, And Tired Lately. Need Help Male Issues 5
DANIEL I Need Your Thoughts On This Expensive Probiotic Supplement! Digestion 7
T Appatype Suppressant? I Need To Change Diet 3
T Need To Chat With Someone About A Family Mber Passing Male Issues 4
Sscobalt Need Some Guidance Diet 1
username I Need Help Understanding My TSH And Complete Iron Panel Blood Work, Labs 7
O My Thyroid Blood Labs - Need Help Interpreting Them Blood Work, Labs 5