New To The Forum. Been Doing A Experiement Here Recently

Jessie

I'm a new member to the forum, but I'm not exactly unfamiliar with Ray's ideas. I've been following his advice pretty closely for a few months now. Before applying some of Ray's ideas I was keto, and I had cold hands and feet all the time. I actually developed a pretty scary case of hyperventilation as well while being ketogenic. Not cool, it feels like you're having a heart attack or panic attack, because you can never "get enough" air into your lungs. Not a fun time in my life to say the least. But after bringing some carbs back in my diet the situation improved somewhat. The hyperventilation spells became much more infrequent. About a couple weeks ago I started thinking my main problem was intestinal endotoxin. I started to experiment with intermittent fasting, I remember Ray mentioning that skipping a meal can help reduce the LPS and starve bacteria. Needless to say I realize IF isn't a trendy practice in the peatsphere, but I think it's really pushed me over into that healing zone. My first meal always warms me up, and my hypervent. spells are basically gone now. Yesterday I decided to change things up and break the fast with a carrot salad. My thinking is that if I break the fast with some germicidal fiber it will only boost the effects. At any rate, I am very much pleased with this experiment, and I have no desire to stop it any time soon. I will post updates if things change. I was just wanting to bring this people's attention about the possible benefits of incorporating IF with Peat's ideas. Nice to meet you all and glad to be here:)

mrchibbs

I'm a new member to the forum, but I'm not exactly unfamiliar with Ray's ideas. I've been following his advice pretty closely for a few months now. Before applying some of Ray's ideas I was keto, and I had cold hands and feet all the time. I actually developed a pretty scary case of hyperventilation as well while being ketogenic. Not cool, it feels like you're having a heart attack or panic attack, because you can never "get enough" air into your lungs. Not a fun time in my life to say the least. But after bringing some carbs back in my diet the situation improved somewhat. The hyperventilation spells became much more infrequent. About a couple weeks ago I started thinking my main problem was intestinal endotoxin. I started to experiment with intermittent fasting, I remember Ray mentioning that skipping a meal can help reduce the LPS and starve bacteria. Needless to say I realize IF isn't a trendy practice in the peatsphere, but I think it's really pushed me over into that healing zone. My first meal always warms me up, and my hypervent. spells are basically gone now. Yesterday I decided to change things up and break the fast with a carrot salad. My thinking is that if I break the fast with some germicidal fiber it will only boost the effects. At any rate, I am very much pleased with this experiment, and I have no desire to stop it any time soon. I will post updates if things change. I was just wanting to bring this people's attention about the possible benefits of incorporating IF with Peat's ideas. Nice to meet you all and glad to be here:)

Glad to have you Jessie!

I experienced similar symptoms of hyperventilation after years of declining health, so I know how scary they can be. I think endotoxin plays an important role by increasing serotonin which needs to be detoxified in the lungs, and it can easily overwhelm them, which can lower CO2 and trigger hyperventilation.

I think you'll find that Ray himself isn't very dogmatic. He's all about context. He's spoken favourably about the effects of ketones for example, and he's said several times that fasting can be beneficial especially to lower endotoxin.

Your experiences with intermittent fasting are very interesting and valuable to share. For a lot of people it's exactly the right thing to do, but for others, especially those who struggle with hypoglycaemia, it can be very hard.

I've found that at night especially, having a clean digestive tract can improve sleep quality tremendously, and reduce the strain on your liver so paradoxically eating less a few hours before bed can improve blood sugar levels during the night, by lowering endotoxin from digesting matter.

The carrot salad itself can be improved upon with a variety of germicidal essential oils and herbs like ginger, garlic, thyme, oregano etc. CamphoSal from IdeaLabs is a very good product to take along with the carrot salad in my experience.

OP
J

Jessie

Glad to have you Jessie!

I experienced similar symptoms of hyperventilation after years of declining health, so I know how scary they can be. I think endotoxin plays an important role by increasing serotonin which needs to be detoxified in the lungs, and it can easily overwhelm them, which can lower CO2 and trigger hyperventilation.

I think you'll find that Ray himself isn't very dogmatic. He's all about context. He's spoken favourably about the effects of ketones for example, and he's said several times that fasting can be beneficial especially to lower endotoxin.

Your experiences with intermittent fasting are very interesting and valuable to share. For a lot of people it's exactly the right thing to do, but for others, especially those who struggle with hypoglycaemia, it can be very hard.

I've found that at night especially, having a clean digestive tract can improve sleep quality tremendously, and reduce the strain on your liver so paradoxically eating less a few hours before bed can improve blood sugar levels during the night, by lowering endotoxin from digesting matter.

The carrot salad itself can be improved upon with a variety of germicidal essential oils and herbs like ginger, garlic, thyme, oregano etc. CamphoSal from IdeaLabs is a very good product to take along with the carrot salad in my experience.
Thanks, I did notice some slight hypoglycemia the first 2-3 days. But it started to regulate itself after a few days and I was good. There's definitely much to consider before anyone tries it. On one hand, fasting will increase fatty acid oxidation which isn't desired. However I feel like if someone is already stuck in FAO because endotoxin causing stress, then it's better to probably starve the bacteria off so you can eat carbs and remain in glucose oxidation for longer duration. You also "break" the fast daily with IF, so I feel like the additional stress it causes is probably marginal in comparison to the intestinal dysbiosis. I also try to give myself 2-3 hours of space between my last meal and bedtime. I've been wanting to give CamphoSal a try. I probably will order some next payday. I've tried activated charcoal already as well, and it does help. I'm thinking it may be more useful if I combine it with cascara to speed up transit. The one downside to AC is it seems to slow everything down.

Tarmander

very cool. Sounds like you are not being dogmatic about it and doing what feels right.

OP
J

Jessie

very cool. Sounds like you are not being dogmatic about it and doing what feels right.
Thanks, yeah I'm not looking to be a ideologue or anything. I'm just focusing on Peat's main points of emphasis. Primarily endotoxin, PUFA, calcium/phosphate, and pro-inflammatory proteins like methionine and tryptophan. I'm also somewhat cautious with starches, but I find I can handle rice and potatoes pretty well. I'm really more worried about food additives like gum and carrageenan then I am starch per se.

OP
J

Jessie

Brief update: I decided to break my fast early today. Idk why but I could tell my stress hormones was elevated more than usual this morning. Perhaps it was because I had some black coffee on an empty stomach which can elevate adrenaline. However I've been doing this fairly consistently anyways without much issue.

The only thing different is I usually take some eggshell with my coffee to keep calcium high during the fasting period, I haven't done this the past few days because I ran out and need to make some more. My only conclusion is the calcium must have been blunting some of the stress response caused by the caffeine in a fasted state, and without it, the stress response is much more noticeable.

At any rate fear not, I'll just pick it back up tomorrow and hopefully everything will remain smooth. I've been considering reducing the fasting period from 16 hours to 14 hours anyways, maybe this will also help.

LLight

I have lately heard someone say that deuterium accumulation could be a cause of hyperventilation. I believe that respiration is an exit way for deuterium.

I wonder if deuterium "detoxification" would not be lowered under a low-carb paradigm, with respect to a higher carb diet for which higher deuterium consumption is expected (fruits supposedly have a greater deuterium content).

I would also encourage you to do intermittent dry fasting instead of standard IF.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jessie

I've never heard of that before, I'd like to know more about deuterium. I wonder if it synergizes with serotonin and lactic acid, maybe decreasing these two results in more deuterium being detoxified? Something worth exploring.

Are there any additional benefits to dry fasting? Normally I try to keep liquids to a minimum, at most I'll have 1 cup of black coffee and/or sip on some carbonated mineral water.

LLight

I've never heard of that before, I'd like to know more about deuterium. I wonder if it synergizes with serotonin and lactic acid, maybe decreasing these two results in more deuterium being detoxified? Something worth exploring.

Are there any additional benefits to dry fasting? Normally I try to keep liquids to a minimum, at most I'll have 1 cup of black coffee and/or sip on some carbonated mineral water.

I've not listened to this podcast in particular but the topic seems well covered: The atomic particle that will change your life...deuterium! | Carnivore MD

Dry fast could increase the immune system efficiency and "detoxification" (CYP450 enzymes) among other things.

I would have liked to find where I've heard the link with hyperventilation but I didn't find it.

tankasnowgod

Brief update: I decided to break my fast early today. Idk why but I could tell my stress hormones was elevated more than usual this morning. Perhaps it was because I had some black coffee on an empty stomach which can elevate adrenaline. However I've been doing this fairly consistently anyways without much issue.

The only thing different is I usually take some eggshell with my coffee to keep calcium high during the fasting period, I haven't done this the past few days because I ran out and need to make some more. My only conclusion is the calcium must have been blunting some of the stress response caused by the caffeine in a fasted state, and without it, the stress response is much more noticeable.

At any rate fear not, I'll just pick it back up tomorrow and hopefully everything will remain smooth. I've been considering reducing the fasting period from 16 hours to 14 hours anyways, maybe this will also help.

Before discovering Peat, IF was one of the things that really seemed to help me. However, long term, it also seemed to be the thing that pushed me into a serious hypothyroid state, with freezing cold hands and feet.

When it comes to Fasting and IF, Peat has noted that it can be beneficial, mainly due to lower endotoxin and serotonin. He states that if glycogen stores are adequate and the person is pretty healthy (two big ifs), that a fast of 24 hours would probably be okay, but not more. Meal skipping probably okay most of the time, too. As opposed to IF, he has also suggested a lower calorie day (about 600 cals), coming mostly from carbs. His biggest concerns would be things like increased stress and FAO, which can start to negate the benefits of lower endotoxin and serotonin.

Overall, it seems like a good approach you're taking. The biggest problems I ran into were trying to do a fast every day (around 18-19 hours), combined with some longer fasts (24-36 hours) every week. Seemed great for a time, then, not so great. The 14 hour fast is probably even better than the 16 hour one, although you might be able to get away with either. The only other thing I would suggest is, don't necessarily try and do that period every single day, and if hunger or stress is getting to be too much on any day, just eat something.

OP
J

Jessie

@LLight Thanks for the link about deuterium, I'll check it out. Also good thing to know about dry fasting. I wouldn't doubt that dry fasting is also probably better at staving bacteria off.

@tankasnowgod I really appreciate your input. I have been toying with the idea of a minimal calorie "liquid fast." Basically just limiting my calories to orange juice, coconut water, mineral water, coffee, eggshell, and salt. That way I can keep getting sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and sugar which might help prevent muscle wasting, and will obviously keep FAO blunted as well.

Maybe I could try a dry fast for like 14 hours then switch into the liquid fast 10 hours. I'm aware of the potential dangers of fasting, however I'm really enjoying the feeling of endotoxin/serotonin reduction from it. Additionally I've been thinking about trying an elimination approach. My most well tolerated foods appear to be beef, white rice, cooked canned pears, and mineral water. So when it comes time to break the fast, I could just stick with the bare essentials and see if my endotoxin rises any.

LLight

@Jessie

I can't promise it will necessarily bring you better results than standard intermittent fasting.

Some testimonies I've gathered on dry fasting:

"I have cured my lower back pain. It wasn’t a serious pain, but I would always notice it when I sat down and stood up. My body has completely healed it.

All my skin tags have disappeared and I no longer get any tongue ulcers (which I used to get quite a few of) because of dry fasting.

I also cured cystitis. If I ate certain foods I would always get inflamed, it negatively affected my quality of life. Even foods that I loved I had to give up because they would cause me such a bad reaction.

But I went out for dinner today and I’m able to eat those foods again. I no longer have a bad reaction to them and it feels amazing."

"The first time I realized that all this "weird talk about autophagy" was real was when I did a 6 day dry fast. It completely fixed a massive amount of digestive issues that I had been having for the past year. I honestly don't know if you need to do something insane like what I did but if you haven't done non stop OMAD then it can't hurt right?"

"Many people don't subscribe to the 'hard dry fast' vs 'soft dry fast' thing. I'm fasting for healing, and let me tell you, healing I am, and majorly! I brush my teeth, wash dishes, wash my hands and... are you ready for this? Take Epsom salt (for additional detox and magnesium) baths, long beautiful hot baths, while dry fasting.I don't have spare weight to lose, but I do lose while dry fasting (my longest was 36 hours, going for 40 now), then make sure to gain it back, which is not that easy. However, the biggest benefit is in old injuries healing, as well as my arthritis, and my fibro is almost non-existent - I have SLE with a bunch of comorbidities, and all of them are showing significant improvements. But, what I notice the most right now is that I can no longer predict the weather through my joints - I used to give the best meteorologist run for their money and never failed. If my shoulder says it will rain, it will rain, you can bet your money on it. If my fingers say the weather will change, it will change. And then there are my arches... Well, were. None of this is true anymore, 5 weeks into daily 16hr dry fasting, 4 24 hours, one 36-hour, and now a few hours into a 40-hour attempt. I can no longer predict the weather, at all (and still haven't developed a habit of checking weather prognosis, leading to a few unfortunate incidents of being soaked and such). And all that with 'soft dry fasting'... majorly soft :)

But, it's your fast so I say follow your bliss - if it makes it feel more real to hard dry fast, go for it!"

"A bit of backstory:I am obese - 300+ pounds. I also have Selective IgA deficiency which leaves me prone to infections in the mucous membranes of my body(sinuses, eyes, GI tract). Before it started fasting I had a C-Reactive Protein (CRP) level of 88. (Healthy levels are under 7). My doc wasn’t sure why but chalked it up to a combo if my weight & an infection yet to be found.

After 2 months of water fasting (including a 21 day), my CRP levels dropped to 77.

From August -October, I began experimenting with dry fasting. I most recently completed a 102 hour dry fast.

Just this week I got my newest lab results back. My CRP levels are down to 22!! This is amazing! I fully attribute it to dry fasting because, my CRP levels have remained high on previous diet attempts when I have been at a lower weight than I am now. As in they’ve never budged from the 80s before even with weight loss of over 150 pounds. Yet, in 3 months dry fasting has brought it down by a whopping 50 points!!

TLDR: I fully believe dry fasting had dropped my CRP levels drastically. :)"

"I had an old shoulder injury that wouldnt go away.. had it for about 6 months.. it would lay dormant until i started working out again.. over and over.. I did a 3 day dry fast.. and it was healed 70%.. i was like .. i be damned.. did another dry fast .. and i havent felt injury wise since .. So i guess it worked on my shoulder."

"The experience For the first three days it was mostly focusing on mindfulness and it gave me a sense of calming effect. Suddenly I wasn't so hung up I was doing something extream, just a fast with good mental space. On the morning of the forth day I had a high similar to psychedelics, I wasn't seeing anything but emotional I was completely free. I felt a deep sense of connection, a pure explosive expression was blossoming. I haven't felt that peaceful since my last mushroom trip and even though I was feeling symptoms, I surrendered to it, I let the experience take me where it wants to take me and it was beautiful and memorable. Around the 110 hour mark I knew it was fine to end it.

[...]

Back to baseline After eating relatively healthy, no processed stuff or sugar snacks, my weight settled at 187. A total of 6 pounds that stayed off for now. I'm still eating mostly salads and meats and ignoring sweets.

Other benefits

I noticed that my cravings are gone and my stomach isn't as bloated anymore. I've been on NoFap since I started and working feels amazing. I haven't lost any strength. I feel I can lift more but I'm sticking to a slow build up. My confidence is through the roof and I'm planning to do another dry fast again."

"I had facial psoriasis and acne and would do back to back 48 dry fasts with 72’s thrown In alongside carnivore refeeds, I know longer have any skin issues."

"It took me around two weeks for the fatigue symptoms to go away.

The benefits I am seeing are:

1/ increased sleep quality and energy. That is, I wake up before the alarm clock now and I don't wake up in the middle of the night anymore. I don't go to bed earlier either. And I have enough energy to punch through my day.

2/ decreased hunger. Compared to water intermittent fasting, I almost never feel hunger during my fasting window anymore. It's like dry IF is easier (for me) than water IF now.

3/ even better body composition, despite adding more carbs (rice, legumes more fruits, etc) to my diet. I wasn't overweight to begin with, and was already quite active before getting into IF (20+ years of martial arts). Despite that, water IF improved my body composition; let's say that I'd carry a six pack all year round thanks to it. Dry IF improved that even further. I have more definition everywhere now all the time, while eating carbs, fat and proteins all at once.

And all the numerous benefits of water IF still apply. Really, so far, I see zero downside to dry IF besides the fact that it was super hard (for me) to get into."

"I had pretty severe hormonal acne and weirdly out of sync periods (like they would either come 1.5 months apart or they would come 1.5 weeks apart) up until a year and a half ago, shortly after doing two 24 hour dry fast in the Vegas summer. whatever hormonal issues I was having the dry fasting definitely cured it."

"my hemorrhoids were gone and never returned after a 5 day soft dry fast"

"Heres my story.

I developed a pain i estimated around my pancreas and waited a couple weeks before going to ER and they ran an ultra sound. Didnt see anything, all other tests came back normal. I told them I was convinced it was pancreatic cancer. They said, usually peoples skin turns yellow with that. So being non-yellow but still in pain, went home disappointed.

Still in pain, I came across dry fasting and how animals fast when they are injured.

I dry fasted for two days.

On the third day I took a poo. It was a black log. Not like old blood cells but like witch hat black but still in good looking poo form.

Pain disappeared.

Thats my dry fast story. Havent done it since but I think I will try it again soon to see what other benefits I can get."

"I just completed a 7 soft dry fast and I lost about 32 pounds. I am a woman. My toe was broken a while back and I couldn't sustain pressure on it for long. I can complete pirouettes and arabesques without wanting to shoot my self. My scarring from acne also healed. I used melano cc and snail mucin so that my have helped. My textured skin and hyperpigmentation cleared as well. Fountain of youth? For me, yes."

"I usually fast for 48 hours at a time. The results im seeing are 1~ so much easier physically and mentally than water fasting, feels more natural to just let my body take care of the fat to make energy and water. 2~ I feel like a completely different person, like all my cells were reborn, my thinking is sharp, my sprints are quicker, My mood has improved by the week it seems. I heal much quicker now. Teeming with energy! 3~ Ive been chubby my whole life (like 35 pounds over weight) and pretty much fixed that in one month. My tastes have also changed. I use to go for heavy carbs and sugar but those choices don’t sound good to me anymore. 4~ Ive learned to just think for myself and just try what I think makes sense, no more scrolling for answers endlessly. Im honestly shocked at my life in the last month alone. I feel like Ive found the holy grail for what works for me"

OP
J

Jessie

Update: So it's been almost a month of experimentation with IF, albeit I've broken the fast early on a few occasions. I've concluded that—at least for me—the benefits seem to outweigh the risks. The biggest notable difference for me is I can physically tell I have less endotoxin symptoms from IF. During the past week, I've also cut all starch out (including white rice) and I think that's also helped synergize with the fasting period. I would be very interested to know how a antibiotic cycle would work while being fasted, might help strengthen the antibacterial effects. I may try this at a later date sometime. Additionally, even though I wasn't aiming for it I did end up losing a little bit of weight (probably from less bacteria load?).

Nevertheless I would like to say there's obvious risks or cons to doing this. For starters, you're going to get cold during your fasting window. And some days are going to be worse than others. Use your best judgement in these scenarios. If you start feeling too cold or too stressed, it's better to just break the fast and try again tomorrow. The great thing about IF is that if you break your fast in the morning, as long as you quit eating when your time window closes in the afternoon, you can always pick right back up where you left off the next day without messing around with your restriction/eating windows. Additionally I also tried dry IF at the recommendation of LLight. I couldn't really tell a discernible difference in the effects, aside from it being harder. However I never had to break the dry IFs because I was cold or stressed. I'm thinking the coffee in a fasted state might be too much adrenaline for most people. So you may see benefit here due to removing any stimulants.

I also think there's a diminishing return to the benefits. I couldn't test this for sure because I tried to stay consistent for as many days as I could. However if I were to recommend this to other people I would probably recommend only doing IF for 3-4 days in a row, then for the next 3 or 4 days eat at your regular meal times. The goal here is to starve off bacteria, and to also keep fatty acid oxidation to a bare minimum during this process. I felt like after doing IF consistently over several days, the FAO during the fasting windows was becoming increasingly more intense. So you can probably mitigate this by only doing it 3 or 4 times a week. I'm going to finish out the week and this Monday will conclude the experiment for me.

That's all for now folks, I'll check back in later.

LLight

@Jessie
Thanks for your feedback :):

I've heard people say (for those who had tried and were reporting their experience, which of course can induce a positive bias) that dry fasting was easier for them but your experience of course prime over theory or testimonies of other persons!

I also think that fasting can be therapeutic but that this effect could be relying on availability of nutrients. In other words, our body responses to fasting could involve processes that require certain substances. One example is osmolytes which are substances that make up for the osmotic imbalance that is created by amino acids "deprivation" or dehydration.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jessie

Glad I could help. It's likely everyone's experience will be marginally different, or maybe even drastically different. But I believe in cataloging my findings, maybe it can help someone else who finds themselves in a similar situation.

Yeah I think the dry IF was harder because that morning cup of coffee was a great appetite suppressant for me. Also, perhaps dry fasting is different for people doing IF versus more prolonged fasts that last 24+ hours.

That's also an interesting point. Maybe after a few days, fasts become less beneficial due to nutrient depletion.

OP
J

Jessie

Thought I'd stop by and give a brief update on my condition and changes. I feel I've continued to move forward and progress with the implementation of many of Peat's ideas. My hyperventilation is at a all time low, nonexistent most days. Last time I had a hypervent issue I was smoking weed with a friend on Sunday while we were watching a football game.

It was really minor, and nothing to write home about. I'm guessing the cotrisol/serotonin/estrogen surge that cannabis causes flipped me into a temporary stressed state. Weird how modern society views cannabis as a anti-stress herb. By it's very physiological nature, it's actually stressing the organism out. At any rate, I've been pretty much good in this department.

My endotoxin issue has been under control, however I've made some marginal changes in my day-to-day nutritional regime. Namely I've been eating more potatoes lately. This is not something that was necessarily intended, however the fruits I was eating are not in season anymore, so their quality has diminished. I still need carbs, so I went with the potato. Being well aware of the potential endotoxin risk with starch, I've been monitoring myself more closely with this issue. However I haven't a problem yet, my transit time is still also good (2-3 times a day). This increase in starch is also still relatively modest in the context of my overall diet. I'm still eating ripe canned fruits, organic red "table grapes", agave nectar, and coke for sugar.

My muscles are feeling and looking..."fuller?" I'm sorry, but this is the best way I know how to describe it. Hard to explain, but whenever I do some sort of isolated movement, like a bicep curl for example, my muscle feels pumped as hell. I'm attributing this to the extra potassium from the potatoes, but maybe my muscle glycogen is higher now too, idk.

My weight is still good. Regardless if I'm eating sugar or starch, I have no problem with weight at all. I just need to keep fat restricted, and only eat enough protein to stay in a positive nitrogen balance (any more then that will be wasted).

Basic outline of my menu (right now) goes as follows:

Daily:
Eggs (1-2 daily)
low-fat cottage cheese (150 grams daily, rinsed to remove excess fat)
potatoes (1-2lbs daily, usually boiled)
coffee (3-4 cups daily)
gelatin (4 packets daily, usually in my coffee)
carrots (1 or 2 daily, shredded rinsed & dried)
powdered nonfat milk (2 tbsp. per cup of coffee)
canned pears (1/2 can, organic & BPA free)
one 12oz coke (glass bottle, usually Mexican)

*Frequently:
red "table grapes" (handful at a time, prolly around 150 grams)
canned smoked oysters (in water)
nonfat plain greek yogurt (120 grams)
refined coconut oil (for roasting things, usually no more than 1/2 tbsp)
white rice (organic, typically 1/2 cup)
canned pineapple (1/2 can, BPA free)
low-fat feta cheese (140 grams per serving)
cooked mushrooms (usually boiled, 1lb per serving)
oxtail soup (hard to weigh, but approx 1/3lb, skimmed)

*frequently defined as 3-4 times weekly

*Occasionally:
beef liver (1/4lb per serving)
skim milk (glass full, approx 16oz, with sugar or agave added)
parmesan reggiano (very fatty, used sparingly, usually just 1oz)
roasted veggies (zucchini, asparagus, peppers, broccoli, etc.)
old-fashion oatmeal (80 grams, cooked with pears and topped with cinnamon & agave)
corn flakes & skim milk (bowl full, weight unknown, seasoned with agave)
98% lean chicken tenders (roughly 150 grams per serving)
ribeye steak (fatty but delicious, eaten sparingly, usually 12oz)

*occasionally defined as 1-2 weekly

Basically just a rough sketch of what I'm working with currently. My daily supplements are currently vitamin D3, vitamin K2 (mk-4), and choline.

Infrequently I will also use floraphages, activated charcoal, antibiotics, pyrucet, aspirin, niacinamide, taurine, cyproheptadine, benadryl, and famotidine as needed.

Just tried IdeaLab's androsterone for the first time a few days ago, really impressed. May try to incorporate that more regularly.

That's all for now folks. I may give another progress report in a month or two, or sooner if unexpected changes happen. Wish everyone well on their journey.

OP
J

Jessie

I haven't been to the forum in a while, just thought I'd check in and give some updates. I'm still fully benefiting from the targeted therapy of the suppression of endotoxin, serotonin, and lactate. I would probably rank them in that order of importance as well. Endotoxin seems like the most important, outside of low thyroid of course. Reducing it has prolonged anti-serotonin and anti-lactate effects. Fasting, although anti-peat, continues to one of the most powerful tools to eliminating endotoxic symptoms as well. I have changed by views slightly though, I no longer think intermittent fasting is the best way to approach this. I've done two fasts since the last time I posted here, and both times was just 5 day water fasts. I realize the FAO is highly problematic, but intermittent fasting seems to prolong the stress response much longer because you never really quit the fast. With traditional fasting, there's a clear start date and a clear stop date. Plus I don't think you'll need to do this very often, especially if you use other methods for combating bacterias, like carrots, mushrooms, charcoal, antibiotics, etc.

The reduction in endotoxin seems to give long lasting anti-stress effects. It dosen't last forever though, presumably because I still have marginally lowered thyroid function, and the bacteria builds back up over time. Targeting serotonin seems to have the next most positive outcomes. I assume this is because lowering serotonin improves intestinal digestion, permeability, etc. Serotonin is also highly fibrotic and it increases carbonic anhydrase, this will cause you to lose CO2 and thus result in more lactate buildup. Taking a powerful serotonin antagonist, like cypro, seems to continue to exert anti-stress effects for a few days even after discontinuation. But if the endotoxin is still there, the inflammation will come back.

Antagonizing lactate directly seems to have positive benefits, but it needs to be done daily if you want to notice lasting results. I assume this is because it's much further downstream than focusing on serotonin or endotoxin. Lowering the lactic load will temporarily correct sugar metabolism and "restart" the oxidative phosphorylation processes. Or I guess you could call it the "higher sugar metabolism" that we're all looking to acheive. If you aren't generating heat and CO2 from sugar, then you're generating lactate.

My diet is, more or less, still the same. I focus on blancing the phosphate:calcium, avoiding fermentable soluble fibers, eating plenty of insoluble fibers, getting enough protein, and consuming carbohydrate essentially ad lithium. The one change I've made to the nutritional routine is eating a slight increase in dietary fats. I've doubled my intake on fat in past few months. Please keep in mind, I eat a very lowfat diet, so doubling my intake is really no big deal. I was eating around 25 grams of fat daily, now I'm eating roughly 40-50 grams daily. Still kind of low. I still firmly believe that if one wants to lose weight, the macro to cut is fat. So keep that in mind if you're struggling with weight loss.

My supplmental routine varies. Stuff I take daily include vitamin D (2000iu) , vitamin K2 (10mgs 2x daily), eggshell (1/2 tsp 3x daily), and mag-glycinate (2 grams). Other things that I cycle and take when needed is a much longer list, but it includes cyproheptadine (2-4mgs), aspirin (500mgs-2grams), pyrucet (full dose), lapodin (full dose), lidocaine (25mgs 1-2x), baking soda (1/4 tsp, diffused), tetracyline (microdoses), acetazolamide (2 grams in divided doses). I also still take common food "supplements" like strong coffee, liver, and oysters. I use them frequently, the coffee daily. That's all for now, I'll check back in if anything changes.

Vileplume

I haven't been to the forum in a while, just thought I'd check in and give some updates. I'm still fully benefiting from the targeted therapy of the suppression of endotoxin, serotonin, and lactate. I would probably rank them in that order of importance as well. Endotoxin seems like the most important, outside of low thyroid of course. Reducing it has prolonged anti-serotonin and anti-lactate effects. Fasting, although anti-peat, continues to one of the most powerful tools to eliminating endotoxic symptoms as well. I have changed by views slightly though, I no longer think intermittent fasting is the best way to approach this. I've done two fasts since the last time I posted here, and both times was just 5 day water fasts. I realize the FAO is highly problematic, but intermittent fasting seems to prolong the stress response much longer because you never really quit the fast. With traditional fasting, there's a clear start date and a clear stop date. Plus I don't think you'll need to do this very often, especially if you use other methods for combating bacterias, like carrots, mushrooms, charcoal, antibiotics, etc.

The reduction in endotoxin seems to give long lasting anti-stress effects. It dosen't last forever though, presumably because I still have marginally lowered thyroid function, and the bacteria builds back up over time. Targeting serotonin seems to have the next most positive outcomes. I assume this is because lowering serotonin improves intestinal digestion, permeability, etc. Serotonin is also highly fibrotic and it increases carbonic anhydrase, this will cause you to lose CO2 and thus result in more lactate buildup. Taking a powerful serotonin antagonist, like cypro, seems to continue to exert anti-stress effects for a few days even after discontinuation. But if the endotoxin is still there, the inflammation will come back.

Antagonizing lactate directly seems to have positive benefits, but it needs to be done daily if you want to notice lasting results. I assume this is because it's much further downstream than focusing on serotonin or endotoxin. Lowering the lactic load will temporarily correct sugar metabolism and "restart" the oxidative phosphorylation processes. Or I guess you could call it the "higher sugar metabolism" that we're all looking to acheive. If you aren't generating heat and CO2 from sugar, then you're generating lactate.

My diet is, more or less, still the same. I focus on blancing the phosphate:calcium, avoiding fermentable soluble fibers, eating plenty of insoluble fibers, getting enough protein, and consuming carbohydrate essentially ad lithium. The one change I've made to the nutritional routine is eating a slight increase in dietary fats. I've doubled my intake on fat in past few months. Please keep in mind, I eat a very lowfat diet, so doubling my intake is really no big deal. I was eating around 25 grams of fat daily, now I'm eating roughly 40-50 grams daily. Still kind of low. I still firmly believe that if one wants to lose weight, the macro to cut is fat. So keep that in mind if you're struggling with weight loss.

My supplmental routine varies. Stuff I take daily include vitamin D (2000iu) , vitamin K2 (10mgs 2x daily), eggshell (1/2 tsp 3x daily), and mag-glycinate (2 grams). Other things that I cycle and take when needed is a much longer list, but it includes cyproheptadine (2-4mgs), aspirin (500mgs-2grams), pyrucet (full dose), lapodin (full dose), lidocaine (25mgs 1-2x), baking soda (1/4 tsp, diffused), tetracyline (microdoses), acetazolamide (2 grams in divided doses). I also still take common food "supplements" like strong coffee, liver, and oysters. I use them frequently, the coffee daily. That's all for now, I'll check back in if anything changes.
Good to hear from you man! Thanks for the update.

OP
J

Jessie

Lemon water has always been marketed as a great digestive tonic. Faddists also claim it does something to the body's PH, I don't really know much about that though. I decided to experiment with it. I've been starting my mornings with a glass of fresh lemon juice, I add a tbsp of honey to it to thwart the possibility of hypoglycemia. I think it's definitely been improving digestion, at least at breakfast. I've only been doing it for 4 days, so it's hard to say if this is a net-positive yet. But I'm gonna stick with it for at least another 2 weeks and see how it turns out.