New To The Forum. Been Doing A Experiement Here Recently

Yucca

Just try to exercice Buteiko breathing, or any other intermittent breathing method (NOT wim Hof, it’s crap and unhealthy!). It cures totally panic attacks. You need a few weeks or even months to really have good results , though. You mainly have to train without air in your lungs, stop breathing instead of trying getting more oxygen.
I had also the same kind of problem you had, with added bad burnout/depression 3 years ago, and IF (18-20h/day) + keto + breathing exercices has cured all in a few months (even if my Doc told me I would need at least 6 month with his shitty anti depressive medications...

I’m there because my “keto” diet is largely modified, trying to avoid PUFA’s, avoiding starches, and taking carbs in a targeted way 3-4x/week to control thyroid issues...so Peat’s diet is also very interesting for me.
Now my CRP is so low that the lab wasn’t even able to measure it last time (from about 15 to less than 0,3)

OP
J

Jessie

Just try to exercice Buteiko breathing, or any other intermittent breathing method (NOT wim Hof, it’s crap and unhealthy!). It cures totally panic attacks. You need a few weeks or even months to really have good results , though. You mainly have to train without air in your lungs, stop breathing instead of trying getting more oxygen.
I had also the same kind of problem you had, with added bad burnout/depression 3 years ago, and IF (18-20h/day) + keto + breathing exercices has cured all in a few months (even if my Doc told me I would need at least 6 month with his shitty anti depressive medications...

I’m there because my “keto” diet is largely modified, trying to avoid PUFA’s, avoiding starches, and taking carbs in a targeted way 3-4x/week to control thyroid issues...so Peat’s diet is also very interesting for me.
Now my CRP is so low that the lab wasn’t even able to measure it last time (from about 15 to less than 0,3)
I rarely hyperventilate anymore. Keeping my intestine clear of endotoxin and serotonin/lactate low has pretty much cleared this issue up. Sometimes if I exercise too hard I'll get a mild case, but other then that I'm good. All I''m doing now is trying to keep inflammation low and digestion optimal. I may eventually try to experiment with thyroid again at some point. But since it's turned warm and sunny where I'm at, I really don't think I need it right now. Recently my metabolic rate has been better than it's ever been in quite some time, I'm contributing that to the luxury of having more sunlight available.

EvanHinkle

@Jessie
Thanks for your feedback :):

I've heard people say (for those who had tried and were reporting their experience, which of course can induce a positive bias) that dry fasting was easier for them but your experience of course prime over theory or testimonies of other persons!

I also think that fasting can be therapeutic but that this effect could be relying on availability of nutrients. In other words, our body responses to fasting could involve processes that require certain substances. One example is osmolytes which are substances that make up for the osmotic imbalance that is created by amino acids "deprivation" or dehydration.

EvanHinkle

@EvanHinkle Did you want to say something?
Weird, I lost my comment… anywho, I was simply adding that I feel what OP has been going through. In the almost three years in a Peat approach I’ve been looking for something to replicate the endotoxin destruction of block fasting, (typically 3-5 days for me, though not since finding Peat’s work). I too believe the root of nearly all evil, (heck, even psychological) is endotoxin. During my fasting days, (which again, I only think were effective because of total elimination of endotoxin) I also frequently used coffee enemas. I have since been exploring the connection between endotoxin and regular enema usage, and found some great information on the forum:

As the thread discusses, I too have seen limited impact from supplements like Vit E and the other fat solubles, despite experiencing clear signs of prolactin, and estrogen since eliminating carb counting and incorporating Peat’s ideas. Obviously getting to the root of things, (endotoxin and the bacteria that produce them) is key, but if you can eliminate the inflammatory state of the gut while doing so, it has to help things along I’d think? Serotonin can’t be doing anyone with gut disbiosis any favors. Anyway, might be a thread worth looking at for people whose guys are so wrecked that Vit E seems to play no role in lowering estrogen.

LLight

Regarding lowered endotoxins, I am skeptical it's the only reason fasting works. I think that a good part of fasting impact on health, when it works, is due to the fact that the digestion is improved.

The principal reason for that is that some people have long lasting effects after their fasts, which means that it's not only a temporary decrease of gut bacteria counts and thus endotoxins quantity and absorption.

Regarding Ramadan fasting, we can also think about circadian ryhtms and better digestion not due to not eating but because of potentially increased stomach acid and digestive enzymes. Nuclear receptor (FXR and LXR) might also play a rôle.

Ps: I only refer to dry fasting.

Vileplume

Weird, I lost my comment… anywho, I was simply adding that I feel what OP has been going through. In the almost three years in a Peat approach I’ve been looking for something to replicate the endotoxin destruction of block fasting, (typically 3-5 days for me, though not since finding Peat’s work). I too believe the root of nearly all evil, (heck, even psychological) is endotoxin. During my fasting days, (which again, I only think were effective because of total elimination of endotoxin) I also frequently used coffee enemas. I have since been exploring the connection between endotoxin and regular enema usage, and found some great information on the forum:

As the thread discusses, I too have seen limited impact from supplements like Vit E and the other fat solubles, despite experiencing clear signs of prolactin, and estrogen since eliminating carb counting and incorporating Peat’s ideas. Obviously getting to the root of things, (endotoxin and the bacteria that produce them) is key, but if you can eliminate the inflammatory state of the gut while doing so, it has to help things along I’d think? Serotonin can’t be doing anyone with gut disbiosis any favors. Anyway, might be a thread worth looking at for people whose guys are so wrecked that Vit E seems to play no role in lowering estrogen.
From what you’ve seen and experienced, do you think regular enemas are helpful for clearing endotoxin?

EvanHinkle

From what you’ve seen and experienced, do you think regular enemas are helpful for clearing endotoxin?
It’s interesting, yes and no, and it depends.

For instance, when I ate one meal a day and did two coffee enemas a day I thought all was well with my digestion. Then as I moved away from that eating habit I came to find that regular enemas seemed to hamper my ability to move my bowels normally, (this of course would increase endotoxin-simply having slow/delayed movement).

Now, I will occasionally use them when I think the “time is right.” Just feel a little overwhelmed with endotoxin, or noticing general digestive distress, or skin issues, (which for me always signal endotoxin). And now, (possibly due to a more typical 98.6 temperature or lower cortisol from heavy fruit consumption and lack of fasting) I will return to normal bowel movements later in the day or the very next day after using an enema.

So, in the context of overall decent health I think they can be used as a tool to push things along when you hit a block. However in my experience, poor health made enemas something to stay away from as they seemed to really stall my bowel movements.

Hope this helps.

Vileplume

It’s interesting, yes and no, and it depends.

For instance, when I ate one meal a day and did two coffee enemas a day I thought all was well with my digestion. Then as I moved away from that eating habit I came to find that regular enemas seemed to hamper my ability to move my bowels normally, (this of course would increase endotoxin-simply having slow/delayed movement).

Now, I will occasionally use them when I think the “time is right.” Just feel a little overwhelmed with endotoxin, or noticing general digestive distress, or skin issues, (which for me always signal endotoxin). And now, (possibly due to a more typical 98.6 temperature or lower cortisol from heavy fruit consumption and lack of fasting) I will return to normal bowel movements later in the day or the very next day after using an enema.

So, in the context of overall decent health I think they can be used as a tool to push things along when you hit a block. However in my experience, poor health made enemas something to stay away from as they seemed to really stall my bowel movements.

Hope this helps.
Super helpful review. Thank you.

I've found enemas to be helpful in the short term, but like you pointed out, they seem like more of an immediate fix than something that will have lasting positive effects. However, I guess the degree to which their impact lasts depends on the cause.

If the cause is low thyroid function or poor glucose metabolism from a poor diet, then enemas won't be anything more than a short-term fix.

OP
J

Jessie

I guess I'll update my log while I'm here. Some changes in the diet since my last appearance obviously. Breakfast is typically just 16oz of 1% milk heated, mixed with 16oz of strong coffee with some salt and 3tbsp of sugar stirred in. Lunch is nonfat greek yogurt (200grams) with vanilla flavoring and honey. Around 3:00 in the afternoon I'll have another coffee drink like the one I have for breakfast, sometimes with gelatin added. Dinner is around 6:30 or 7:00. I've really been increasing the liver lately. I have it about every 3 days, fried in a little grassfed butter. When I'm not having liver for dinner it's usually either oysters, 93/7 hamburger, or oxtail. Supplements not much lately. Just progest-e (3-4 drops) mixed with DHEA (20mg), and I do this twice daily.

SuperStressed

I'm trying the experiment, starting now.

What was your fasting window?

I have chronic severe anxiety, there is no way that I am using sugar for energy, I live in a state of FAO.

The only time I got relief from it was years ago by accident and I didn't quite understand why at the time. Basically, I was so stressed that I didn't eat or drink for 12 hours after waking, I was in a real mess worrying about health that day so couldn't face food. After about 20 hours of fasting (inc sleep) my appetite was apparent again so I ate a small piece of shitty white bread... only for the distressed mental state to dissappear within seconds of eating it and I was now in a better mental state then I had been for year's. The meal I had that night was satisfying, as if I was using the food properly in my body, no swinging blood sugar/anxiety sensation. I had the best sleep ever that night and woke up feeling good. It wore off later the next day and I was back to stress.

It could've been lowered endotoxin from the accidental fast.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals