New to ray peat, trying a lot of haidut and Ray’s recommendations but what am I missing?

area51puy

Forum Supporter
I found about ray peat through my interest in methylene blue. Researching MB found Goergi and then found the Danny Roddy podcast and have been listening to the podcasts on Spotify.

so much great info and listened to about 20 episodes in two weeks and feeling great results from the advice so far.

And starting to read the forum and learn about Ray Peat’s work

so far taking

methylene blue
Aspirin
Vitamin e
Thyroid complex
Niacinamide
Pregnenolone
Topical Progesterone cream
Dhea
Calcium carbonate
Glycine
Gelatin
Policosanol containing 30 percent octosanol

Bought some Benadryl took once because has something to do with being a serotonin antagonist, I’ve learned serotonin isn’t good for you but don’t fully understand.

just bought pyrucate from idealabs which is coming Monday.
Have been on the carnivore diet about 5 days a week for the past year, but have been introducing more sugar in my diet, but was aware of dangers of pufa’s and have been trying eliminate them the past year.

so feeling better then I have felt in years after starting this stuff.
So I am trying to learn as much as I can and been cramming as much as i can.

so any help would be appreciated
so am I missing anything that would be helpful?
Am I taking something I should or shouldn’t be?
Dosage?
Cycling?
Diet?
And recommendation from idealabs? Georgi seems like genius.
So it seems he has products that already have stuff I am takingc but not 100 percent sure which has which but trying to learn.

mrchibbs

If you want my thoughts you're taking too many things.

At the core, it's mostly about avoiding foods which can irritate the digestive system (grains), emphasizing easy to digest and nutritious foods (ripe fruits, milk, cheese, eggs, liver, shellfish etc.)

Aside from that a little aspirin can be helpful to lower inflammation.

Supplements should be taken topically as much as possible. They mostly absorb very well through the skin.

Keep it simple. Avoiding stress where possible, getting sunshine, having meaningful work, reducing EMF exposure, improving social circle etc. those things matter more than countless supplements.

OccamzRazer

I found about ray peat through my interest in methylene blue. Researching MB found Goergi and then found the Danny Roddy podcast and have been listening to the podcasts on Spotify.

so much great info and listened to about 20 episodes in two weeks and feeling great results from the advice so far.

so far taking

methylene blue
Aspirin
Vitamin e
Thyroid complex
Niacinamide
Pregnenolone
Dhea
Calcium carbonate
Glycine
Gelatin

Bought some Benadryl took once because has something to do with being a serotonin antagonist, I’ve learned serotonin isn’t good for you but don’t fully understand.

Have been on the carnivore diet about 5 days a week for the past year, but have been introducing more sugar in my diet, but was aware of dangers of pufa’s and have been trying eliminate them the past year.

Dosage?
Cycling?
Diet?
So it seems he has products that already have stuff I am takingc but not 100 percent sure which has which but trying to learn.
Congrats on feeling better!

This does seem a little too complex. You may want to look into red light therapy, which Peat mentions a lot. It could be a more 'upstream' input than some of these supplements because it affects many different hormones.

Sefton10

Excellent advice from @mrchibbs. Diet needs to be the foundation and identifying any irritants and/or nutrient gaps/deficiencies there first before throwing the kitchen sink at it with supplements from the off.

OP
A

area51puy

Forum Supporter
Thanks for insight, my thoughts were that I may taking to much, but was after a lifetime of eating processed foods PUFAs and seeing energy levels decline and taking this stuff was to cycle it to get my cell metabolism in better health and I am throwing ray peat, goergi kitchen sink at it and have been getting results.

OP
A

area51puy

Forum Supporter
Now are there any counter arguments? Now getting nutrients from natural sources would always be optimal.
But we know many people in Ill health who are eating the standard American processed food diet loaded with pufa and talking our corrupt pharmaceutical medicines. Our cell health is so corrupted that taking something like I am doing for a certain length of time and dosage of each which would be debatable with people far more intelligent then me combined with a good diet to maybe jump start Cellular health.

Razvan

Take only pregnenolone and thyroid+ vitamin E and aspirin. Eat more calcium than phosphorus time to time moment.
No stress and add some androsterone once in a while for the DHT and the lowered adrenaline.
Also everyday do something new,don't think about stuff and hang with people that understand you and make you feel better.
When having a stress reaction fight it. Take 100 mg preg and go out even tho you feel your heart beating so much,just go outside, walk ,breathe easily and watch the nature,you will feel the stress go away and the dopamine allowing you to calm down and feel good.Just like LSD, once you go through it,once you see the light and you fight for it,you will feel different and think different. This messed up feeling of not fighting will leave you always behind, it doesn't matter you are better than them and you do things that should help you more,you just need to escape the bubble for within to realize reality,seeing everything with another colors of purpose that will bring you to life.

HLP

so far taking

methylene blue
Aspirin
Vitamin e
Thyroid complex
Niacinamide
Pregnenolone
Dhea
Calcium carbonate
Glycine
Gelatin

Dosage?
Cycling?
Diet?
What dose of vitamin E are you taking?

Tim Lundeen

Stop all the supplements, start with good quality organic food! Add things one at a time, starting with low doses (low enough that you have no observed effect), then double them every day till you get an effect, then titrate to the low side of the best result. Very often, when you supplement and it helps, and you start to feel good, you should STOP THE SUPPLEMENT, because otherwise you'll overdrive/overcompensate and get worse. Lots of times you have to take things intermittently, because your body adjusts to everything in your environment. It usually takes about 4 days for your body to adjust, either to taking something or stopping it. If you are deficient, the goal is to remedy that and then get it from food going forward; or if you can't, supplement on the low side of what you need long term. There is always a "hill" shaped benefit curve: as long as you are near the top of the hill, your body will be happy, but usually prefers when you are on the low side, because that distorts other things less.

qwazy

As the others said: stop the supplements. First get the diet and lifestyle right. Then you can think about supplements. Most likely you wont need many.

retroactive

Focus on the foods and like a couple supplements. But its good to focus on getting your vitamins and minerals etc from foods for a while.